You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea

Did anyone ELSE'S first "more resources" container turn into a Super Container?

25 comments in this topic

Members
730 posts
3,915 battles

So here I was, all set to get myself some coal...

saw the little "this is new" WG button on the container choices, dutifully chose the "more resources" option, and...

WHAMO!  Super container...  Containing 1,000 doubloons!

Now, don't get me wrong, that was awesome, but... Is this some ploy to get people to choose coal?  I would have done it anyway!

GG Wargaming, and thanks for the doubloons WoWS NA!!!

~Beorn

shot-18.07.25_07.30.37-0422.jpg

Edited by Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles

I just got a SC last night that earn me 15000 coal.

• Cool 1

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,014 battles

on my first container I selected more signals, and got a super container with 50,000 gold xp.   I was very surprised

[ARGSY]
Members
6,454 posts
4,302 battles

Looks like lots of people are getting a little present!

I like the idea of the new Resources container. The fact that they're potentially throwing Equal Speed Charlie London and Zulu Hotel flags at us in large numbers fills me with particular joy, as I'm currently grinding towards a 19 pointer.

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,475 battles

I had the very same thing happen a few nights ago. I coulda sworn I hit the "more flags" button but then got the sound effect of a SC & got 1000 doubloons. 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,834 posts
9,951 battles

I got a SC from signals/camo option, wham, 15 000 coal.

[SC]
Members
1,579 posts
10,033 battles
57 minutes ago, Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea said:

saw the little "this is new" WG button on the container choices, dutifully chose the "more resources" option, and...

Now, don't get me wrong, that was awesome, but... Is this some ploy to get people to choose coal?  I would have done it anyway!

~Beorn

I hate you :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1

[TBW]
Members
6,420 posts
12,065 battles

They seem to always come two close together for me.

[NCBL]
Members
110 posts
3,756 battles

2 of my 3 containers last night were super containers. First was 7 days premium, second was a prinze eugen

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
284 posts
13,151 battles

Yes, my first ever resource container contained 15,000 coal.

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles
6 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

I just got a SC last night that earn me 15000 coal.

How strange. I've gotten 3 SC the past 2 days. (Smoke Mod, 15,000 coal, and 100 50% xp flags) Did they up the chance of SC????

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,966 posts
10,751 battles
6 hours ago, Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea said:

~Beorn

Congrat's. That's a good SC.

I tried more resources on my 1st 2 containers today and got 400 coal, 500 FXP, and 3 flags in each.

[PVE]
Members
5,682 posts
18,271 battles

I picked more resources for my first crate because I read this thread and I don't like the little red "look at me button" Wargaming likes to put on everything. I got a regular container with like 400 coal and 6 signals so guessing you guys just had some great luck. Gratz!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,087 posts
6,845 battles
9 hours ago, Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea said:

~Beorn

yup, my SC had 50 Gamescon camos, i now have 120 of them

Beta Testers
1,493 posts
9,002 battles

I hadn't played for a couple of months and came back to see what they finally did with the US Cruiser split.  Prior to taking a break, I almost never went with "Try your luck."  Those rare times I did go with it, it was always just to remind myself why I never try "Try your luck."  Since it had been a while since I had opened a container, I figured I would get that reminder out of the way so I could happily go back to my normal "More Consumables."  Boom, Super Container!

The next container I got, I figured the last one didn't help, so I still need that reminder, so I went "Try your luck" again, and Boom, Super Container!  I mean, I knew it was just a fluke and there was no way it would happen a third time, but at the same time, you can't not try it again.  As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, it was, of course, just the normal three used napkins kind of container you get if you don't get a Super Container on "Try your luck."  And of course, the SC's I got were the extra large stack of signal flags, not bad, but not a chest load of doubloons or another ship.

So, I can now happily go back to my normal picks, but W(rn)G was sure trolling me.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,966 posts
10,751 battles
1 hour ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Last night I got a Smoke Generator Mod1.  I hope the SC gravy train is still rolling today!

No more special upgrades in SC's now with this 7.7 update so you got one of the last ones.

Members
304 posts
4,537 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

No more special upgrades in SC's now with this 7.7 update so you got one of the last ones.

Sadly though.  I would rather have gotten 15k coal so I could buy an upgrade that I might actually want.  Now I have to hope that the SC luck is still going strong.

Members
554 posts
2,982 battles

100 india flags. Yay. Rather have a mod.

[TDRB]
Members
1,141 posts
4,280 battles

I got 2 SC's in a row last week. Well, the outside said SC but I wouldn't call the contents super but both had far more flags than a standard container.

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles

Got a SC last night - 50 Ocean Soul. 

Picked the "resource" container, today - got another one - 100 India Delta signals, never a bad choice on any ship with a heal.

Realised I had enough coal to purchase three of the special modules I covet.  I was a little sad they weren't going to drop in SCs, anymore - but this actually works out far better, as I can purchase exactly the modules I want.

Big wins all the way 'round!