You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JdeMolay

Static or Dynamic? And why.

8 comments in this topic

[AFW-]
Beta Testers
135 posts
10,303 battles

I have always used static but am considering dynamic cross hair. It just seems so different. Which do you use and what do you see as the benefits of that cross hair?

Thanks in advance.

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

Both don't help me much, maybe BBC go straight but not help when come dd or ca when full speed and lot of turning.

If Bb go full or 3/4 speed, its 5 kit, ca maybe about 10 kit, dd is 15 kit, if they all go straight line match up between water line and hull while CV is supposed line up on top of hull, similar bb.

Edited by Humility925

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,445 posts
11,731 battles

I use static number 9.

Because I'm used to static and can hit the targets.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,559 posts
3,751 battles

Static, used to use Type 10 and now using Type 7, the one that looks like a spider. Used to it, plus the dynamic has no variety in reticles.

[CAST]
Members
1,200 posts
7,368 battles

It depends on what you are used to or how you like to adjust your aim.  I like the dynamic cross hair just because the number of ticks remains the same no matter what zoom level you are at.  When you use static, you need to adjust the number of ticks to lead your ship for each zoom level.

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

I use the dynamic crosshair, but don't use it to line up most of my shots.  At distance and early in the match I will occasionally, and like that no matter what magnification I have set it'll read out reliably.  

Still, I find it much more effective to spend the resources I would use looking at the crosshair analyzing the target.  Is there a significant bow wave, or is it chuning away astern?  Is the exhaust plume dark black and inclined forward, aft or not?  Is that target angle 90° and beam-on, 80º and opening or 95º and closing?  Is it slowing down going into a turn or regaining speed following one?

There's an awful lot to think about there and I've had markedly greater success hitting the target when I spend my energy thinking more about those and less about how many seconds of lead it will take and counting tick marks.  Nothing's Not much is more satisfying than connecting with an obstructed snapshot that finds the gap between two closely-spaced islands. 

-R

(Ed: Connecting for a Devastating Strike is.)

[SUCIT]
Members
824 posts
3,610 battles

Static for the consistency. 

About 99% of my shots are based off of memory and I don't really even use the crosshair though.  I just kind of know how far to lead at this point, without even having to look.