Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ceesa

Making the Most of Radar Cruisers

4 comments in this topic

[FTWRK]
Members
55 posts
4,974 battles

Just because my DM has radar, I feel like I haven't done a good job in a match if I haven't used it, irrespective of overall damage numbers or win outcomes.  Radar is so powerful a tool that I feel like I'm letting my team down by not getting into a position to fire it up and spot some poor DDs.  However, in a lot of matches I've found that my desire to get close puts me in an unsupported position and I end up exiting the match rather more quickly than I had hoped.  So in an effort to improve my gameplay, I'm looking for some strategic-level advice.  Is it ok to forego radar use entirely?  How hard should you push to get into a good radaring position at the start of a match?  Should you only choose positions that you can retreat from?  How do you handle this?

[RKLES]
Members
7,201 posts
8,971 battles

Often I use Radar much like you would use Hydro on many ships to spot DDs in smoke, only problem is Radar can’t detect Torps to aid in your dodging them. 

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,104 battles

It's a tough proposition trying to get into position early enough in a match to effectively use radar.  If you make a mistake and are spotted and vulnerable early on, you will get focused and punished hard.  The key is to find a safe spot to support your DDs and be patient.  Early game damage means nothing if it costs you most or all of your health.  Just the presence of a radar cruiser near a cap is enough to scare most enemy DDs away.

But don't sweat it if you don't always get to use all your radar consumable charges.  They are situational in use, and the opportunity may not always come along, especially in matches with very few destroyers.

[HINON]
Members
9,019 posts

Go for maximum teampley instead and use the spotter plen . . .

nkrTdOB.jpg

Sign in to follow this