You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BearlyHereBear

Where is Eagle/Shark prompt?

21 comments in this topic

[BLUE_]
Members
18 posts
8,610 battles

wondering myself logged in but no option to choose team didn't want to start playing either wanted progress to count.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

The event doesn't start till tomorrow.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,088 posts
3,266 battles

Seeing as the event doesn't start til tomorrow, my guess is the prompt won't show until tomorrow. Just a hunch though.

[WOLF2]
Members
892 posts
7,263 battles

Hmm... not even showing on the Events, Challenges, or Combat Missions tabs.

Ivan forgot to click the Activate checkbox on the patch?

EDIT:   Nope.  It starts tomorrow.     Diddle checked the POTATO checkbox.      Remembering stuff is OP.

Edited by DiddleDum
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers
129 posts
7,177 battles

I admit I was also confused until finding this thread, and then seeing the line in the news, the relevant part is day after the update:

The competition kicks off on the day after the update is released at 3:00 AM PT.

So another day before I support the Eagles (who won the Super Bowl) as opposed to the Sharks (who did not win the Stanley Cup).

:Smile_Default:

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
114 posts
9,834 battles

Wouldn't it be grand to put the "go live" date/time along with the patch update notification? Instead it's tucked away somewhere down in the article... SHEESH! Rocket science.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I have to say that when you say "With release blah blah update" then to start the contest the day after is well, kind of lame, in my opinion. I'm sure it's a technical issue, right? 

Well see you all tomorrow then. 

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,048 posts
16 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I have to say that when you say "With release blah blah update" then to start the contest the day after is well, kind of lame, in my opinion. I'm sure it's a technical issue, right? 

Well see you all tomorrow then. 

:Smile_great:This  So This:Smile_facepalm:

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

Gotta agree.  This certainly isn't the first time this has happened, and seems to be par for the course. 

I understand it's probably easier to take a day or so to hammer out the kinks in a new patch release before starting an event, but I'd bet it's worth the time to overstate the actual event launch date and time.

-R

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Shoot yea... I got people in match, after match asking about not getting asked to join either team. Sadly another fail, especially for those players who do not visit the forums. 

Members
18 posts
4,546 battles

Disinformation:  Fake News:

The video stated that after 7.7 launched you would have the opportunity to choose a side.  It never mentioned one or two days later.

Another WG fiasco in the making as usual.

• Boring 1

Members
9,976 posts

We live in a world of information overload, too many people just read the headlines....:Smile_teethhappy:

[5IN]
Members
1,792 posts
8,140 battles
5 minutes ago, Knumb_Knutz said:

Disinformation:  Fake News:

The video stated that after 7.7 launched you would have the opportunity to choose a side.  It never mentioned one or two days later.

Another WG fiasco in the making as usual.

I don't see how this is a WG fiasco.  The notes say the contest will begin at 3am the day after the patch.  

B

• Boring 1

[SOB]
Members
45 posts
3,091 battles
3 hours ago, HyPHerFaZe said:

Wouldn't it be grand to put the "go live" date/time along with the patch update notification? Instead it's tucked away somewhere down in the article... SHEESH! Rocket science.

WHAT That's just crazy talk! You keep this sort of thing and you'll find yourself.....In Trouble.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,411 battles

A little reading does go a long way. Happened to be looking at the forums before I could upload the game so I wasn't baffled.

• Boring 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,662 posts
10,325 battles

Language in the notes is pretty sub standard I think.

I fully expected this would start today too with all the hype and "when 7.7 goes live " etc..   Its only another day but I find the excitement thinking there's something new in the game, then finding out, "oh it's tomorrow" when I thought it was today frustrating.

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,048 posts
6 minutes ago, TurboT said:

Language in the notes is pretty sub standard I think.

I fully expected this would start today too with all the hype and "when 7.7 goes live " etc..   Its only another day but I find the excitement thinking there's something new in the game, then finding out, "oh it's tomorrow" when I thought it was today frustrating.

Yup:Smile-angry::Smile_sad: I'd been waiting for this too :Smile_facepalm: