You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Legendary Mod Deadline is Official

32 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles

There was talk here in the forum when 0.7.6 came out that WG had promised that the legendary mods will be available past the end of the year. I was looking at the news:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/july-missions-2018/

And noted this:

Other Missions

June 29–December 31: Unique Upgrades

In Update 0.7.6, twenty unique upgrades for all Tier X ships were added to the game (learn more here). These upgrades have unique parameters, and they can be obtained in only one way: complete a chain of combat missions using a Tier X ship.

To unlock the unique upgrade combat mission chain for a particular ship you need to play a battle with that ship in (random/co-op/any) mode.

• All combat mission chains are available from June 29 until the end of the year. Each of them includes five combat missions.
  • For every Tier X ship, her own chain of combat missions is created, but the general completion criteria are the same for all ships.
  • For completing a part of a chain, players will receive an enhanced consumable or the Mosaic camouflage. The type of consumable depends on the type and nation of the ship.
  • The final reward for completing all combat missions in the chain is a unique upgrade for the ship that was used.

So worse case, if you don't have a T10 ship you have until the end of the year to get it and grind out the legendary mod for that ship.

Best of luck.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,088 posts
3,266 battles

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/8usoqp/psa_legendary_tier_x_upgrades/

According to this, they will be extended indefinitely until further notice. If they do anything to the contrary, I'm sure they will tell us.

I'm still planning on getting the ones I want sooner rather than later, not worth the risk IMO

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

... thought i read somewhere here or reddit where the end dates were just dates. The grind is much longer than you might imagine, especially if you do not have a tier X as yet. 

In other news, some folks have already obtained one or more of them. Masochists. Nonetheless, early player reports appear to question the trade-offs when utilizing some if not most of them. It will of course be interesting when a whole lot of them are out "in the field". 

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,320 posts
13,050 battles

Shouldn't these personal missions just come up automatically when someone reaches a T10 … kind of a reward/motivation to continue playing them?

making them time limited just further advantages some while disadvantaging others.

• Cool 1

[TARFU]
Members
882 posts
5,920 battles

I've recently acquired like 4-5 tier 10's. IDK if i'll be able to grind more then 1-2 of those upgrades because i'd rather be grinding up other lines to get MORE tier 10s, heh.

Has anyone else gotten a tier 10, then lost the desire to play it because it doesn't "get you anywhere"? The grind itself is addicting, especially when you're running special flags and have a 1700+ base xp game and the big numbers appear.

I wouldn't doubt it if they do expire, but if you play a game with said ship, you'll get a new mission when the year turns over. There has to be some impetus for you to grind, and them to make money off special signals.

EJ

[SIDE]
Members
1,247 posts
8,868 battles

Such a grind too. I have ten T10 ships. Out of those, am going after around 7 of the legendary mods. So far, it's very slow going...I may have to pick 2 or 3 of the ones I really want. I really wish WG would extend it further, because realistically there is no real way to get more than 3 or 4 done max in that time period.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,804 posts
10,590 battles

They already said while they had to use an end of the year date for it (forget why they said) that it will go on after that so not to worry if you don't get them by then. 

I have every T10 BB and Cruiser (tech tree) in the game right now. No way I could grind those out by end of year. I am also getting close to Gearing (1/3 through Fletcher) too so that would be another. Doubt they end them in such a short time frame.

Of course 99% of them seem like a step back for the ship if applied and I really have no interest in them as a result. If I get them fine if not fine.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,251 posts
9,096 battles
4 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

... thought i read somewhere here or reddit where the end dates were just dates. The grind is much longer than you might imagine, especially if you do not have a tier X as yet. 

In other news, some folks have already obtained one or more of them. Masochists. Nonetheless, early player reports appear to question the trade-offs when utilizing some if not most of them. It will of course be interesting when a whole lot of them are out "in the field". 

Yeah, it is a slog to get them.  If they were straight up buffs, I would have more interest in them.  But with the potential drawbacks of each one makes me feel that the grind isn't fully worth my time invested in it.

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

I'm not personally playing with an eye on obtaining them... as they will arrive naturally if you play the ships. As I play the Montana the most, i'm the closest on it... stage 4 or 5 right now. 

I seem to recall the GK's module is probably the most like an upgrade. I definitely want to obtain it. I don't know I'll need the Montana's module though. 

[INTEL]
Members
638 posts
7,554 battles
6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Of course 99% of them seem like a step back for the ship if applied and I really have no interest in them as a result. If I get them fine if not fine.

That's what I'm thinking.  I may earn them, but I doubt I'll use them unless the community has demonstrated that they provide a clear advantage.

[SYN]
Members
14,448 posts
10,425 battles

lul, if they put a time limit on these, I'm just going to YOLO with butt nekid T10 ships that have untrained captains in them and make T10 life even more miserable than it already is.

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Funny 2

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

They already said while they had to use an end of the year date for it (forget why they said) that it will go on after that so not to worry if you don't get them by then.

Probably something to do with their interface.  I'm curious how personal progress will transfer over at the new year. 

In any case I've only got Des Moines and Hindenburg at the moment, despite being close with several others.  I certainly won't be grinding hard for the legendary mods in the meantime.  Much too much to do that's much more productive.

-R

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
11 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Already have 2. Zao and DM. I'm grinding the Mino right now. Yamato is next afterward.

8 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I've recently acquired like 4-5 tier 10's. IDK if i'll be able to grind more then 1-2 of those upgrades because i'd rather be grinding up other lines to get MORE tier 10s, heh.

Has anyone else gotten a tier 10, then lost the desire to play it because it doesn't "get you anywhere"? The grind itself is addicting, especially when you're running special flags and have a 1700+ base xp game and the big numbers appear.

I wouldn't doubt it if they do expire, but if you play a game with said ship, you'll get a new mission when the year turns over. There has to be some impetus for you to grind, and them to make money off special signals.

EJ

The reason I don't play T10's is because of it feels like 1 vs 23 at times. I have all the current T10's. A good question to ponder is why WG marketing is pushing for T10 play.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
3 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Already have 2. Zao and DM. I'm grinding the Mino right now. Yamato is next afterward.

The reason I don't play T10's is because of it feels like 1 vs 23 at times. I have all the current T10's. A good question to ponder is why WG marketing is pushing for T10 play.<<<--<<

Answer because with T10  You almost have to have Premium Camo and a Premium Account to break even  Duh:Smile_great::Smile_amazed::Smile_facepalm:

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles

Flamu is the only CC so far to give his evaluation so far. Just keep in mind he is approaching it from a min/max POV i.e. competitive mode.  Take the DM legendary mod. How does the ability to go from 0-27 knots in 3 secs sound to you? You just have to give up the range extension. You can get it back by using a spotter plane instead of radar. So, it'd be crippling in CB/Ranked which is why he called it garbage. It's a different story in Random. The ability to quickly duck in/out of cover? Very useful. It makes the ability to make love to your island waifu more easier. Whoever wrote the drivel about making the DM an open water  HE spammer probably didn't think it through.

Some mods are defintely straight upgrades like the Zao and Yamato. Others would work fine in Random, but not so fine in competition.  

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles
7 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Answer because with T10  You almost have to have Premium Camo and a Premium Account to break even  Duh:Smile_great::Smile_amazed::Smile_facepalm:

Might have been true before they flattened the T10 economy.  Right now I have " a first world problem". I'm not breaking even. I'm consistently producing a surplus. Currently it's about 438 mil and climbing.

[RKLES]
Members
7,197 posts
8,955 battles
42 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Oof. Gotta go fast for Zao then!

Yeah that is what I am doing, thankfully I am on Ibuki and grinding the Zao. Still taking a while without premium time though.

Wondering if any other X ships I should go for as well since I have Yamato, and will have Zao?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles
1 hour ago, HorrorRoach said:

All the time.  I've had Moskva and DM for almost a year, and have played 15 and 8 random games (+4 Moskva ranked games) in them, respectively.  I've had Khaba since February, and have played one match in it.  I will, at some point, make playing these (and playing them better) one of my projects, but yes I'm too busy grinding (Zao and Hindy unlocked in the past month).

[CAPGO]
Members
524 posts
3,313 battles

So.. Im confused.. is it by the end of the year or they will prolong it .. what's the official word. what's truth

[TNG-D]
[TNG-D]
Members
348 posts
8,806 battles

Not official. They have to have a place holder date for the mission system to work. Devs already said they are moving the date back at the end of the year so they are forever on going. Nice try OP on starting a fake internet riot. Staying informed will help keep you from looking dumb when you make misleading threads like this.

Edited by MackDye
  • Boring 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,171 posts
13,600 battles
2 hours ago, shadowsrmine said:

You only need one or the other. No need to have a sub and perma camo.

Members
309 posts

Half the legendary mounts are of questionable enough value it's not worth mounting them until WG let's us demount modules (even if it's only legendary/special modules) without doubloons.

• Cool 2