You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Wow, I didn't know players of such skill ever existed! I am amazed!

19 comments in this topic

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Okay, the title's meant to be sarcastic. We know how vital destroyers are, but it never ceases to amaze me the quality of the DD players in this game. Two stories from today:

1. T6-8 match, Estuary. At the start of the battle, whole eastern flank abandons the east without seeing a single enemy ship in sight. No, they didn't get stomped. They joined the western side and they tried to lemming to the enemy base. So, from the start of the battle I tell them it's not a good idea to lemming because they'll likely get flanked hard by the enemy and our base will likely fall before they can return to save it. Got called an idiot. As expected, around 8-9 minutes before the match ended, their main force began pushing east into our base. Me, seeing the situation and how the west side managed to get bottled up by a few enemy ships (the BBs were way out of position), decide to do something. I turn back to base, trying to give the Alabama and Mass that were intelligent enough, as much support as they needed. And, not surprisingly, we were completely overwhelmed and all three of sunk.

I type in chat: "See? I told you guys lemming train is not a good idea." Next, the Gadjah Mada, who did absolutely nothing useful during the battle, not spotting a single enemy ship (it was the Nurnberg on the western flank that had to do the spotting, and he got killed), starts smack talking to me. He began by calling out ME for being the stupid guy, to which I replied with the fact that he did absolutely nothing useful as a DD. He hid behind an island, waiting for the enemies to come to him. He then started insulting me, but I patiently told him why I did what I did, and how NOT to play a Standard Battle. Now this flaming [edited] still didn't call it quits. Eventually I got pissed off and told him people of his intelligence level shouldn't procreate, and that if he already has kids I feel sorry for them.

2. Around half an hour ago, was in another blowout loss on Neighbours. Enemy BB force was pushing C, but bulk of the team was at A getting slaughtered. I, and 3 other ships, were the only ones holding off their main BB force. As expected, we died. Our ships dropped like flies, and again, I couldn't help but sigh. The Fushun begins by asking me what I did, I said I held off 5 enemy BBs that could have made their way south and slaughtered all of them even more quickly. He said: "That's not useful. I capped." No, I didn't see him cap, he chased an enemy Normandie to the edge of the map. So yeah, he started taunting me again, and I brought up his stats. Below average player. Battle ended, and he PMed me and said: "So when was a 52% player considered good?" 

Me: "Of course I'm no unicum, far from it, but I just checked your stats and you have lots of mid-tier ships, with some of your most played ships being CVs. However, you do poorly in almos every single one of them."

Then, he tries to assert the "fact" that he's a good player by pointing out my lower average EXP compared to him despite having more than twice his number of battles. I told him average EXP is influenced by Premium time etc., to which he said that's an excuse.

NOTE: I've never lived for a long time in Chongqing, but I do have some of that Sichuanese temper if really provoked, and as the old saying goes: "Nobody has pissed off a Sichuanese and lived to tell the tale."

"I'm sorry, but the objective fact is that I'm a decent player, and a better player than you. I highly suggest you go take a preliminary level test for verbal and emotional reasoning."

There was a Ping spammer during the match, and he thought it was me. I did not Ping the map a single darn time, yet he was insistent that it was me "ruining" his "awesome gaming experience."

Finally, I blacklisted him. Oh, and before that, he threatened to "put my first in your face." What he doesn't know is I used to be a martial arts enthusiast that practiced Wing Chun for a while. Sure, if you want the gift of a "machine gun fist", and to have your vital points struck, possibly some groin lacerations and neck / shoulder injuries, then you're welcome to challenge me to a fight. I won't cover the medical fees. Oh, and I'll finish it off with a non-Wing Chun move called a roundhouse kick to the back of your head. :) Nice substitute for a sledgehammer.

So, two absolutely clueless destroyers who think they're gods among the tin cans, but they're clearly not. Yet, they think they have the attitude to make up for their lack of, errr, skills in their repertoire. This is just a game, but if those two people in real life behaved towards me like that, I might snap, and it's a heck of a lot worse than anything that goes on over the internet. These DDs think they're the saviors of their teams, but they're nothing but detriments. I'm sure you can find many DD players like them, and all I can say is I wish them Stage V, if such a thing exists.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 2

[SPTR]
Members
20,099 posts
5,372 battles

*Navy SEAL/Marine veteran meme here*

(Edit for clarity: the Meme I'm talking about, for the more older ones and actual veterans among us who have never seen this and may take offense, embellishes an internet tough guy stereotype posted on multiple forums. Cool your old butts. :Smile-_tongue: Actual meme below:)

<quote>

What the (censored to not get warning) did you just (nada) say about me, you little (nada)? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the (nada) out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my [edited]words. You think you can get away with saying that (nada) to me over the Internet? Think again, (nada)er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're (nada) dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable (nada) off the face of the continent, you little crap. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your (nada) tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will crapfury all over you and you will drown in it. You're (nada) dead, kiddo.

</quote>

Edited by khaenn35
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SPTR]
Members
3,473 posts
5,731 battles

The more incompetent one is, the more incapable it is for him/her to interpret his/her incompetency.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,555 posts
3,751 battles

Sure, agreed, but not Stage V man, don't go there (though afaik there isn't one) :Smile_sad:.

[4HIM]
Members
1,794 posts
4,051 battles
39 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

practiced Wing Chun for a while.

So did you have fun tonight?

Oh, you said "Wing Chun".......NVM  :Smile-_tongue:

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,387 battles
21 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

The more incompetent one is, the more incapable it is for him/her to interpret his/her incompetency.

Very true!
I was in a match last night, in a nutshell it boiled down to a Shimmy & Gearing left on our team & 3 CAs left on the Red team. We were way up on points with only 3min left. All the DDs needed to do was go dark & ride out the time but the Shimmy started shooting. I tell him in chat to stop shooting & go dark but he keeps on shooting. After he died (it was inevitable right) he tries to defend his actions then goes on to call me a potato ( I had no kills but did 70k damage in the Prinz Eugene in a T10 match). 
Out of curiosity I checked his stats. Guy had 10k+ battles & made my own mediocre/average stats look positively UNICUM! Honestly I think to have stats that bad he would have to actively sabotage his matches.
I didnt get salty with the guy, when he got salty I assumed maybe he knew more than I & is what prompted me to check his stats. 

You would assume a guy with 10k+ battles, a WR of 23% & a PR of less than 600 in every class might have the self awareness to realize there was room for improvement & listen to suggestions/constructive criticism. Not this dude, he was convinced he knew better than anyone. 

[SEA-1]
Members
8 posts

I  am just thankful for the blacklist option, mine grows everyday. Can't stand the keyboard commandos, im just here to have fun and that is getting pretty tough to do. 

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles
42 minutes ago, Curtis_17 said:

I  am just thankful for the blacklist option, mine grows everyday. Can't stand the keyboard commandos, im just here to have fun and that is getting pretty tough to do. 

It needs to block F-key spamming. Not there yet.

• Cool 2

[NG-NL]
Members
5,015 posts
8,240 battles

Can agree with the idea that stupidity in WOWS must translate to literal stupidity IRL, however, it's rude to generalize that way.

That said, players w/ 2K or more battles have no excuse for playing badly. They must have picked up pvp skills like minimap reading, angling, and whatnot.

Beta Testers
132 posts
3,049 battles
2 hours ago, khaenn35 said:

(Edit for clarity: the Meme I'm talking about, for the more older ones and actual veterans among us who have never seen this and may take offense, embellishes an internet tough guy stereotype posted on multiple forums. Cool your old butts. :Smile-_tongue: Actual meme below:)

<quote>

What the (censored to not get warning) did you just (nada) say about me, you little (nada)? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the (nada) out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my [edited]words. You think you can get away with saying that (nada) to me over the Internet? Think again, (nada)er. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're (nada) dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable (nada) off the face of the continent, you little crap. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your (nada) tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will crapfury all over you and you will drown in it. You're (nada) dead, kiddo.

</quote>

I know your a SEAL and all but I am a SeaBee so I'm just gonna stea… er… borrow this

Beta Testers
1,045 posts
13,820 battles
41 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Potatoes will potate!

Here here....shall we just call them "players" and not single out a ship class, makes it sound like all DDs are idiots.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,955 battles
3 hours ago, khaenn35 said:

<quote>

</quote>

So arm wrestling with great apes?

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,854 posts
19,037 battles

Here's cheers to us Potato power players . I play for the pure enjoyment in competing against real live fellow human beings . I'm against those players that judge another player by looking up their stats and then try to shame your numbers in public during the game and after the game send you a massage to uninstall as if they think that they own the company and has the right to do so because their stats are 0ver 50% .  These are the same little bullies who think they are superior and maybe the same one's that payed me punk dues and gave me their lunch money back in my childhood days...………….      

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,955 battles

The issue I see here is a failure to understand of causal players on the roles of a dd and the strengths and weakness of the particular dd their playing. 

One of the biggest roles is scouting. Filling in the blanks on the mini map. You can help win the game immensely just by spotting and not firing a shot.

48 minutes ago, Reymu said:

That said, players w/ 2K or more battles have no excuse for playing badly. They must have picked up pvp skills like minimap reading, angling, and whatnot.

Mea Calpa in my case, I didn't put any serious study and effort into picking up skills until 3K battles.

[SPTR]
Members
20,099 posts
5,372 battles
46 minutes ago, dcfan said:

I know your a SEAL and all but I am a SeaBee so I'm just gonna stea… er… borrow this

The original one is here:

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/navy-seal-copypasta

25 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

So arm wrestling with great apes?

I guess? Probably how he gets all those girls. :Smile_glasses:

[WGA]
Administrator
691 posts
251 battles

Given this really hasn't remained very constructive, we're going to go ahead and close this.  Thanks!

• Cool 2