Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eisennagel

Asobi Asobase

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
9,099 posts

Anyone watching this?  

This summer season for anime is among the best lineup I have ever seen including new season for Attack on Titan and Overlord.  There are also new shows that I thought was clearly outstanding, such as Cells at Work and Planet With.  But there is one show for me that simply rises above the crowd as it would suddenly hit me in the face like a brick and force laughter out of me like the Alien bursting out of my chest.

First the opening

At first glance, it looks like another typical moe show about three high school girls interacting cute about a club that literally does nothing.  So sweet and kawaii...   

Then it hits you that this show is completely insane, and as anti-Moe as you can get.  It grabs the Moe genre and turns all the entrails inside out, then grates it with barbed wire.   The characters are not sweet and cute but they all have selfish intentions, and are constantly manipulating each other.  The show has the best, if not the most wicked, cruel and evil facial expressions on an anime I have seen, and that's just after three episodes.  I thought it was hard to top last season's Hinamatsuri and Hisone and Masutan for facial expressions but right on the first episode it already topped them all.

Three girls trying to out stupid each other is a format I remember, yes, from Nichijou.    

Armpit smelling contest.   The quote is pure gold.

OfbrVgC.jpg

Rock, paper, and scissors.

Paper

vCtCBS5.jpg

Scissors

yLGvZNw.jpg

I thought it was hard to top Hisone and Masotan's ending song which was in French, but Asobi Asobase's end song hits you with Metalcore that reveals the true spirit of the anime compared to its moe opening.    With so many idol and moe shows this and the past year, this show drops like a MOAB over them.

• Cool 1

Members
650 posts
7,477 battles

The plot twisted quickly lol

Members
2,481 posts
2,336 battles

So far i've liked every character that's shown up. Still need to watch EP 3 though.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,237 posts
4,803 battles

Haven't seen it yet but your recommendations are always top notch!

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,864 posts
19,063 battles

Sounds like a bunch of millennials getting together to watch their lunacy tunes again

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,566 posts

Oh good, someone learned how to plot-twist from Doki Doki Literature Club

Beta Testers
9,099 posts

Episode 11 was quite particularly savage.  With every succeeding episode, the humor and the facial expressions gets more and more brutal.  

5saGzgn.jpg

Br3Uomv.jpg

Only one episode left, this series needs more.

Edited by Eisennagel

[WOLF9]
Members
91 posts
3,814 battles

Hilarious comedy. Its up there in the legend department for me. Konosuba still takes the cake XD And the blonde girl in this series has the best character design ive ever seen! best part is she looks exactly like me almost xD 

Sign in to follow this