You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Yamato turret traverse buff!

17 comments in this topic

Members
230 posts
4,613 battles

Currently I have it set up were the traverse is 56.4 seconds. When it goes from 2.5 to 3.0 second traverse that will trim about 6 seconds off traverse right? Just trying my math skills but it looks like the buff will be close to warspite levels.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,960 battles

Are you including EM skill with that?

[-BSS-]
Members
394 posts
6,235 battles

Yamato guns do not turn, Yamato guns turn the earth 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,403 posts
3,875 battles
3 minutes ago, Visidious said:

Yamato guns do not turn, Yamato guns turn the earth 

Not anymore.

[INTEL]
Members
794 posts
8,257 battles

meanwhile, Mushasi's turrets are still slower than plate tectonics.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,840 posts
13,051 battles

This is an example of capabilities creep.  As the new T10 BBs came on line, the performance creep slowly overtook the Yamato.  Yes, Yamato sill has the biggest hammer.  And in the right hands, it's still a very good T10 ship.  But it has been eclipsed somewhat by the new guys.  One way to help it gain back some of the performance creep is to do what WG is doing here.  Give it a buff.  A bit quicker ability to get on target (or stay on target) will help. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,054 posts
6,745 battles

and with Yamamoto, you can get it to 45 seconds with his improved EM skill, truly meme worthy

Edited by tcbaker777

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
35 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

and with Yamamoto, you can get it to 45 seconds with his improved EM skill, truly meme worthy

If you're maths are correct Hotel, has an interesting play option cause the general consensus is she performs extremely poorly in "Turning Fights" but considering the RoF mod is "standard" is that 3rd turret on target better?

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
452 posts
5,543 battles
15 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

If you're maths are correct Hotel, has an interesting play option cause the general consensus is she performs extremely poorly in "Turning Fights" but considering the RoF mod is "standard" is that 3rd turret on target better?

Turret traverse on Yamato with Yamamoto and Main Battery Mod 3 is 49.9 seconds.  This does not include Main Battery Mod 2 (replaces Aiming Systems Mod 1).

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles

Yamato with Yamamoto EM for 45 s is so good.

The better traverse speed in general and more specifically making the rear turret more viable to keep on target or an second target allows more potential shots on more targets per minute. It is in effect a ROF buff.  I'll give it a try though now I'm not so sure now that I'll prefer to use the Legendary module all things considered. 

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles
9 minutes ago, DanielLeary said:

Turret traverse on Yamato with Yamamoto and Main Battery Mod 3 is 49.9 seconds.  This does not include Main Battery Mod 2 (replaces Aiming Systems Mod 1).

Interesting, very interesting. Makes me wonder about stacking Full Turret Traverse and Stagger Firing every 14s with all 3 turrets; you're a Yamato you should be firing AP at every target of opportunity. Sure it's not the weight of a full broadside, but it might be interesting while grinding out the legendary mod and going an Accuracy Build.

The buff makes me sad though, I got my Musashi last week, and I'm 100k from the Izumo grind (glad they buffed her too). But 'Sashi is clearly the inferior to Yamato moreso than previous. Waiting for the #BuffMusashi threads.. 

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,425 posts
3,357 battles
1 hour ago, Ares1967 said:

^ This. Poor Musa-sushi.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,487 posts
3,435 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

This is an example of capabilities creep.  As the new T10 BBs came on line, the performance creep slowly overtook the Yamato.  Yes, Yamato sill has the biggest hammer.  And in the right hands, it's still a very good T10 ship.  But it has been eclipsed somewhat by the new guys.  One way to help it gain back some of the performance creep is to do what WG is doing here.  Give it a buff.  A bit quicker ability to get on target (or stay on target) will help. 

I would have preferred a reduction to turning radius; the old early CBT 840-860m radius. Or the restoration of her old super heal. Or both. But the traverse buff is still something I'm not going to complain about. I have a more tolerable 49s traverse if spec'd for main guns, or 45s with Yamamoto. It'll be back to a slow ~55s or so traverse once I finally unlock the Yamato's Legendary module.

Now if only they gave Zao back her missing HP and 0.1s more RoF that she lost due to formerly being too strong with OWSF.

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,734 posts
3,490 battles

Good. Turret traverse being that brutal shouldn't be a thing.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,244 posts
1,822 battles
3 hours ago, Ares1967 said:

That is fine.  Musashi is over powered for Tier IX.

[ARRGG]
Members
163 posts
7,019 battles

Now the Minsk has faster turning turrets than a Leningrad. The Akizuki now has a worse turning radius and bigger detection, good thing I  stopped using that ship. Waiting for the Kitakaze.