You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PinkoCommieScumbag

Losing credits in good games

14 comments in this topic

Members
44 posts
849 battles

Why is the game so punishing for T10? No, it's not an amazing performance to celebrate, but I don't see it as one deserving not to earn credits, let alone lose them. Even if I purchases premium account, it would only be 75,000!? I enjoy the Khabarovsk, but I can't play it if I ever want to purchase new ships.

image.thumb.jpeg.5b8ecb916fcf8f9015c1fdfbd4b09c81.jpeg

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

They want you to buy Camo and premium time.

[STW-M]
Members
2,065 posts
5,874 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It's also a method of keeping the lower tiers populated, as otherwise most people would probably play nothing but tier 10s and certain premium ships to club newer players with.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,461 posts
5,635 battles

The tier 10 premium camo exists. You'll break even if not downright turn a profit with it equipped. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,798 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

Why is the game so punishing for T10?

Because for WoW, it's all about YOUR money, for consumables, for permanent camos, and for everything else you need to play tier 10 successfully.

• Funny 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,868 posts
12,620 battles

@PinkoCommieScumbag I see on the lower right there that you netted 75994 credits profit yet you complain. Yes tier 10 costs are quite higher but they are much lower than they use to be.

To build up funds to support tier 10 play you need to play in the lower tiers and build up a credit balance to cover your costs!

That is all. Carry on.

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
951 posts
7,518 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@PinkoCommieScumbag I see on the lower right there that you netted 75994 credits profit yet you complain. Yes tier 10 costs are quite higher but they are much lower than they use to be.

no, he had -21054.

If OP had premium time, he would have had a gain of 75994.

[CAST]
Members
1,205 posts
7,381 battles

It is designed to get people to purchase premium time or premium camo, or both.  

[HINON]
Members
9,030 posts

Another thing to consider which ships did you do that damage to?

[SIDE]
Members
1,255 posts
8,868 battles
4 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

What he said. One of WG's sources of income is premium time and permanent camo, amongst others like converting xp to free xp using doubloons etc.

If you're not willing to pay for 'bonuses' to your gameplay, then you will have to play low to mid tier ships to make credits, so you can continue playing at T10. It works out by spreading the playerbase into all tiers versus all staying at T10.

Beta Testers
604 posts
3,326 battles
4 hours ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

Why is the game so punishing for T10? No, it's not an amazing performance to celebrate, but I don't see it as one deserving not to earn credits, let alone lose them. Even if I purchases premium account, it would only be 75,000!? I enjoy the Khabarovsk, but I can't play it if I ever want to purchase new ships.

image.thumb.jpeg.5b8ecb916fcf8f9015c1fdfbd4b09c81.jpeg

working as intended, harder to make money at T10 than T8 this has always been the way with WG

Members
1,076 posts
5,979 battles
4 hours ago, PinkoCommieScumbag said:

It's a vile Russian bias, WG Soviet wealth-redistributionist plot. You, as a PinkoCommieScumbag, should already know how this works!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

But really, it's like Sovereingdawg said:

4 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

A couple of thoughts.

First, you have a 45000 credit debit for consumables auto-supply - a purchase for the next time you play the ship.  If we normalize that out, as if you bought them in port rather than had them automatically refresh (and, side note, we really should do that for all these threads), then you made something like 24000 credits in the battle - it is just that you immediately spent that and more.

Now I'm not suggesting that you play at tier 10 without premium consumables - heaven forbid.  But you should look for ways to stockpile consumables at no or reduced cost to spend in your tier 10 battles, eliminating or reducing this particular debit.  Stockpile consumables from crates by playing at lower tiers without them.  Go back to campaigns you've completed, in the sense of getting the final reward, and see if there are any incomplete missions that yield consumables you need.  Or, if you have a lot of ships in port, do what several of us do: the next time there is a consumable sale (often 60% off, or 9000 silver apiece), mount premium consumables on all your ships and then demount them to inventory after the sale is over.

Second, beyond a 10% service cost reduction, which I'm guessing is from a clan building, you're not getting any economic bonuses from signals or camo - from India Bravo Terrathree (-10% service) or from Zulu (+20% earnings), let alone from rare signals like Wyvern.  As for camos, there are lots that come with 20% or better bonuses to earnings - the Revolutionary camo that was given away in bunches during the French event is +30%, for instance, and thus makes excellent high-tier camo if credits are an issue.  I don't find that acquiring such resources are much of a problem in this game--are you stockpiling them for high-tier play?

Let's now imagine that you fought this same match using stockpiled consumables, with IBT and Zulu (not Wyvern) signals and Revolutionary camo.  Your earnings would be 291128 (+50% from what you have), your debits would be 152140, for a profit of 138988.  (My calculations may be slightly off, but ballpark).  All while remaining free to play.

Edited by Lillehuntrix
  • Cool 1