You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RadDisconnect

A proper sendoff to the Alsace, farewell

35 comments in this topic

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles

I'm sad to see WG giving such a heavy nerf to Alsace. I didn't think the ship was overpowered, it's certainly fun and strong but it can be countered because the shell caliber is small and even some cruisers can bounce it. I'm even more sad because I even got the premium camo for it. Anyways, that's more motivation for me to finish the Alsace grind and get to Republique, but Alsace decided to treat me to a monster final game tonight. Not only that, Alsace's final gift was finishing task 11 and unlocking Halsey for me. Wow! What an end.

So this is a tribute to the Alsace, which gave me some of the most fun I've had in a battleship. I meshed so well with this ship, so it's sad to see the end. It was wonderful 39 games in this ship. Au revoir Alsace, you've served me well and allowed me to set my record XP in the game.

last alsace 1.PNG

Edited by RadDisconnect
  • Cool 5

[DENY]
Members
344 posts
4,732 battles
27 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's only 0.1 sigma.

Jesus H. Christ, people...

Yea on an shotgun already , now you gonna have to be even closer of the enemy to compensate for that , I will take mine one more time and it will likely become a port queen ,

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
21 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Yea on an shotgun

ALL battleships are shotguns.

23 minutes ago, dad003 said:

I will take mine one more time and it will likely become a port queen

OMG quit begging! Look at dudes game above and just get better.

1 hour ago, RadDisconnect said:

I didn't think the ship was overpowered

People who own Belfast, Kutuzov, Gremyashy, etc also don't think those ships are OP either. But everyone else does. 

monster final game tonight

How could the ship that did that ever be OP?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Members
1,610 posts
3,573 battles
56 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's only 0.1 sigma.

I know,  man.  Its ridiculous.  This isn't the end of the world.  A bit more dispersion ((Which won't really effect brawling range)) and a bit more reload.  Maybe its just because I have seen nerfs in video games that ruined entire classes or builds,  but this is just a slap on the wrist to me.

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

ALL battleships are shotguns.

OMG quit begging! Look at dudes game above and just get better.

People who own Belfast, Kutuzov, Gremyashy, etc also don't think those ships are OP either. But everyone else does. 

How could the ship that did that ever be OP?

I can totally see why Belfast and Kutuzov would be OP to destroyers and battleships at least, and Gremyaschy is a Tier 7 ship disguised as a Tier 5. However, an average Kutuzov / Belfast driver is just as vulnerable as any other light cruiser when caught in the open. Belfast is just as fragile as Fiji, Kutuzov's not a small target.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
7 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

I can totally see why Belfast and Kutuzov would be OP to destroyers and battleships at least, and Gremyaschy is a Tier 7 ship disguised as a Tier 5. However, an average Kutuzov / Belfast driver is just as vulnerable as any other light cruiser when caught in the open. Belfast is just as fragile as Fiji, Kutuzov's not a small target.

I'm not the one who determined these ships were OP; I'm just the guy who agreed with those who did.

Members
56 posts
7,005 battles

I didn't think the ship was overpowered

Did you compare your own stats in this ship to your own stats in your other high tier BB's?

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles
5 minutes ago, ImpalaCustom said:

Did you compare your own stats in this ship to your own stats in your other high tier BB's?

Lot of other high tier BB I played when I was worse at the game. The Izumo is also getting a big buff so nerfing Alsace isn't the way to go. Buff the FDG too because it needs help the rear gun arcs are terrible for no good reason.

[TBW]
Members
6,406 posts
12,050 battles

I have her but haven't used her yet, alas.

Members
1,640 posts
7,476 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's only 0.1 sigma.

And a reload nerf.

If she got one or the other, it'd be okay. But both is excessive when Izumo/FDGs poor performance is taken into account.

• Cool 2

Members
71 posts
49 battles
2 hours ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

But we cant value ships based on potato players. I Have and play all these ships and they are OP and thats the reason they cant be purchased anymore. Sure they are all light cruisers that will be punished if you shhot in the open close to red BBs, but Belfast has smoke hydro and radar to BLAP any ship in the vicinity, and Kutuzov is a long range 19k firespammer that can dodge shells from 3 ships if played right and when he want he can pop smoke and HE spam the life out of the red team.

So to die fast in these ships you pretty much need to have a brain fart as a player.

About the topic at hand. Did i think Alsace was so over performing that it needed a nerf? Not really cough* Conqueror cough*! :Smile_Default: Do i consider thís nerf to be game breaking? Not really, Feels like when they nerfed the torps on my Khaba ........ Wait! That ship have torps ....:?!

So for my this just means that i continue to go up close and personal with the enemy BBs and let my IFHE secondarys rain all over them.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,125 posts
14,528 battles
2 hours ago, Akeno017 said:

And a reload nerf.

If she got one or the other, it'd be okay. But both is excessive when Izumo/FDGs poor performance is taken into account.

Who CARES?

The guns will still be in all intents and purposes, still as accurate as before.

Your guns got 2 extra seconds to reload.  That's nothing.

This sure as hell isn't going to affect her performance.  Just a bunch of jittery players around here.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
109 posts
2,422 battles

There was nothing wrong with the pre-nerf Alsace. 

Statiscally, it was performing essentially exactly the same as the Lion which has a similar number of games played (~250k). Both of those ships have better stats than the rest of T9 (except for Mushashi which dominates everything) but the rest of he T9 ships have millions of games played and it is likely the Lion/Alsace stats would regress to the mean.

Losing 0.1 sigma and 2 seconds on reload is hugely punishing for a squishy BB with small caliber guns that aren’t all that accurate to begin with.

While I don’t agree, if Alsace is so OP, where is the accompanying nerf for Lion? It’s putting up the same numbers. 

I think this is really all about setting up Jean Bart to be the dominant T9 FR BB. 

• Cool 3

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,840 posts
9,586 battles

Oh FFF people, the ship was and will continue to be EZ mode. Stop crying.

Before this nerf I could bang my face on the keyboard and reliably get a 100k damage game with 50k spotting. Now I might need to start using my hands to get that. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 8

[USFF]
Members
76 posts
4,979 battles

I don't really care. I'm not a BB main anyway but the ship was fun even though I sucked in it. To me it seems suspicious with the Jean Bart coming out that the Alsace would be nerf'd at all.

• Cool 2

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
915 posts
5,939 battles

Lets get this out in the open. They didn't nerf it because it was overperforming, they know how statistics work. They nerfed it because they wanted a paywall to the republique, and a reason to get the Jean Bart.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
35 posts
7,803 battles

Amazing how a ship can go from borderline op, or at least the best at its tier, to being garbage/port queen/worthless because of .1 sigma and 2 seconds on the reload.  Give me a break.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,338 posts
2 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

Before this nerf I could bang my face on the keyboard and reliably get a 100k damage game with 50k spotting.

I'd pay a dollar to see that.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,250 posts
1,844 battles
6 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Did i think Alsace was so over performing that it needed a nerf? Not really cough* Conqueror cough*! 

Conqueror is not over performing.  People with an axe to grind look at its damage, ignore the fact that not all damage is equal, and simply declare it overpowered.  Never mind its win rate, never mind how healable its damage is, never mind its target of choice.  Nope, only the raw damage number matters.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
5,831 battles
10 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's only 0.1 sigma.

The nerf itself does not bother me, the Alsace was a monster and easily out performed my Missouri. My only objection to it is the shady nature in which the Nerf was done. On the same day the nerf was announced Wargaming announced that the Jean Bart was buffed and moved to T-9 premium. So I will GUARANTEE that the Jean Bart will out perform the Alsace and sit right about where the Alsace did. So what Wargaming did was nerf a tech tree ship that wasn't even a top performer so they could require people to pay money for a premium battleship that performs as well as the Alsace used to. 

• Cool 2

[DRG_N]
Members
424 posts
582 battles

The only reason Alsace was nerfed was to make Jean Bart look better.

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
915 posts
5,939 battles

i will say this... would alsace be OP with the main battery reload booster? probably

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
18,795 battles
36 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

The nerf itself does not bother me, the Alsace was a monster and easily out performed my Missouri. My only objection to it is the shady nature in which the Nerf was done. On the same day the nerf was announced Wargaming announced that the Jean Bart was buffed and moved to T-9 premium. So I will GUARANTEE that the Jean Bart will out perform the Alsace and sit right about where the Alsace did. So what Wargaming did was nerf a tech tree ship that wasn't even a top performer so they could require people to pay money for a premium battleship that performs as well as the Alsace used to. 

That's the money shot answer right there folks.

^^

[-TKS-]
Members
302 posts
5,993 battles

i too rushed to T10 because of the nerf . Not saying itll be neutered now but i needed all the help i could get with it . ill keep playing it as i have the camo for it so why not.