You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stormie1126

Looking for a semi competitive clan

8 comments in this topic

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles

Looking for a clan that I guess would fall somewhere between casual and semi competitive. What I mean is while I'd be ok for some occasional Clan Wars (I'd kinda have to learn what's involved though), it's not a requirement for being a member. Also would like to find one who's friendly to (relative) newbies-I've got some experience, going by stats I'd say I'm in the 'average' zone I, know more or less what I should be doing in a given ship, but it's a matter of honing skills. Fairly chill people as fellow members, too. LGBT friendly a plus.

TL;DR of what I'm looking for I guess is "players who also like winning and trying to do the best they can, but can also have fun if they lose as long as your best effort was made."

I have Discord, a mic, and my main ships are all at T6 (one or two of them are about to progress to T7, once I decide which ones I want to go for.)

Edited by Stormie1126

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,887 posts
11,607 battles

Check us out over in the Syndicate. Hop in our discord, say hey, hang out and see what you think of the environment. Links in my signature.

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
18 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Check us out over in the Syndicate. Hop in our discord, say hey, hang out and see what you think of the environment. Links in my signature.

I found your recruitment thread, gave it a read through, the one thing I have a question about is, is there a decent number of skippers who like to div up for randoms? That's kinda the main reason I'm looking for a clan is cuz I'm sick of these lemming and potato teams, I figure divving up with people who at least *try* would make matches more enjoyable.

[WOLF7]
Beta Testers
109 posts
1,366 battles

Stormie, all it takes is one potato near you to ruin your day. Like the BB you thought was supporting your push, only to discover he wants to play sniper from behind an island for the rest of the battle!  Or the DD who leads the charge into the cap, only to be erased by an enemy gunboat in less than 30 seconds, leaving you to face the music alone. Or the battleship that hasn't figured out how to use Static OR Dynamic gunsights, and thus can't hit anything beyond 5-6km range! No to mention the players who just hang around in the rear, take a few potshots, and pray somebody else wins the battle for them.

If you want a clan that divisions a lot, I suggest looking at clans that REQUIRE people to be constantly on voice (teamspeak or discord). That tends to encourage divisioning more. Unfortunately, many of those clans don't take winning very seriously, so your division-mates be adding to the potato total.

Simply listening in to their clan Teamspeak or Discord channels reveals a LOT. If you are aren't impressed by what you hear, don't be afraid to say "no thanks."

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,887 posts
11,607 battles
7 hours ago, Stormie1126 said:

I found your recruitment thread, gave it a read through, the one thing I have a question about is, is there a decent number of skippers who like to div up for randoms? That's kinda the main reason I'm looking for a clan is cuz I'm sick of these lemming and potato teams, I figure divving up with people who at least *try* would make matches more enjoyable.

Yea, our com channels are pretty active with div seekers. People work and we are not one of those mega groups so it's not 24/7 of course. Best thing to do is just see for your self.

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
11 hours ago, Yasha said:

Like the BB you thought was supporting your push

Rofl, I had that exact instance last night. In my Bayern, pushing up with an Atlanta and a Pensacola with a NM against a force of the same number, but one of their CL's was subbed for another BB. No words spoken, but based on the way we were sailing it seemed pretty apparent we all had the mentality of 'yeah, we're doing this together.' Get in engagement range, and I notice there's a lack of shells coming from behind (the NM was astern of me.) I look around and he's peeled off to go behind an island, but was far enough away from cover he'd exposed his broadside for a fair bit. He lucked out cuz the enemy were concentrating on me and the CL's, but it's like '....BRUH.' Needless to say, CL's and I get wasted cuz we can't disengage at this point, we'd passed any good opportunity to. Stuck around to watch the match, it's down to the NM (who had spent the match after running hiding in the back) and an enemy BB and and Aoba, both of whom are below 50%-Aoba was actually down near 10, one hit woulda deleted him then NM (still at full health at the start of the 2v1) could focus on the BB.

So what's the BB do?

Exposes broadside to both ships, fires HE at the BB (which IIRC was a Bayern), and DOES manage to take down the BB, but by now NM has like 30% and is just having HE spit at him, and gets burned down because RNGesus suddenly decided to curse the NM with crap dispersion, and after getting close and burning NM down, Aoba launches a full salvo of torps into him, no attempt at evasion. We were losing by points, only had one cap point all match, and coulda made a sweet come from behind victory if the NM had half a brain stem. :Smile_facepalm:

[WOLF7]
Beta Testers
109 posts
1,366 battles

Aobas can actually make themselves fairly difficult to hit. They have a very narrow beam (width), and can be modded with a faster rudder.

Nevertheless, It appears that all other things being equal, a BB should aim at a cruiser before another battleship. A couple good salvos, with a citadel in each, can sink a cruiser, eliminating their damage potential for the rest of the battle. Of course, things are almost never equal.

The problem is, good tactics in the game are VERY different from good ship handling tactics in real life. Therefore, people who come into the game with knowledge of naval surface battles from WWI or WWII must unlearn historical lessons and learn a whole new textbook of "WoWS Tactics." The value of building TTPs (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures) for WoWS, and clans that ignore their value, continues to astound me.

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles

Bump