You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Quad Cit Yamato

16 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,840 posts
13,051 battles

It took me 10000 games to get there, but I finally achieved a six gun four cit hit on a Yamato.  The chat was fun too.  The grey was the other other GK, the red was a very salty player upset at their BBs sitting back all game.

4cit.thumb.jpg.57ea469a21840b8ead085cf2cc07dfc4.jpg

• Cool 3

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
5 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

It took me 10000 games to get there, but I finally achieved a six gun four cit hit on a Yamato.  The chat was fun too.  The grey was the other other GK, the red was a very salty player upset at their BBs sitting back all game.

4cit.thumb.jpg.57ea469a21840b8ead085cf2cc07dfc4.jpg

Great job!  The great and powerful "Ya-ma-to" is infamous for that.

Edited by legoboy0401

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles

It is such a good feeling right? My best game on record (250k), was my first 60k salvo. Broadside yammy in my Missouri, he was chasing a dd. My first salvo was negligible (maybe 5k dmg), but the second one... Boom... Forget exactly how many cits... Was at least 5 or 6. (Way) more than enough for a dev strike

Needless to say after that game i was dancing around the living room

[-S-R-]
Members
75 posts
2,090 battles

I got a devastating strike on a Yamato with my Alabama when it was first  released boyyyyyy was he salty

Members
542 posts
2,943 battles

Been blapped through the nose into the octagon citadel for 40-60k a few times. I wish they'd lower the citadel just a tad since its the only BB with an 'RNG says you lose' mechanic.

[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

Nice shot! Yeah, I was shocked when I was able to cit a Yamato with a Richie...but I guess some have done it with a heavy cruiser? 

[-THOR]
Members
167 posts
2,206 battles

It's always important to remember that while the Yammy can hit very hard, it can also get hit very hard.  A bit of a glass cannon I suppose, although I'm always a proponent of the best defense being a good offense.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,840 posts
13,051 battles
35 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Big guns citadeling a broadside ship at 7km.  Who'd have thunk that!

You don't know me very well.

[MOTIN]
Members
1,425 posts
3,372 battles
55 minutes ago, ksix said:

Been blapped through the nose into the octagon citadel for 40-60k a few times. I wish they'd lower the citadel just a tad since its the only BB with an 'RNG says you lose' mechanic.

Also the only BB in the game with the "your armor mayaswell not be there" cannons, i'd say it's fine.

Members
4,547 posts
6,442 battles

Why does Yamato have one of the worst win rates at 49% of BBs in that tier?  What is her problem?  I see her mentioned ALL the time on the forums but is it just a deal about playing a legend? 

[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

Why does Yamato have one of the worst win rates at 49% of BBs in that tier?  What is her problem?  I see her mentioned ALL the time on the forums but is it just a deal about playing a legend? 

DM, Yamato burns nice. Have burned my share to the waterline in Des Moines. Even managed it in my Conqueror without the 18.1-inch guns on it. I like 12 guns in Conqueror and weight of fire over 8 guns on the broadside, and the fire chance is still excellent with HE.

Members
4,547 posts
6,442 battles
Just now, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

DM, Yamato burns nice. Have burned my share to the waterline in Des Moines. Even managed it in my Conqueror without the 18.1-inch guns on it. I like 12 guns in Conqueror and weight of fire over 8 guns on the broadside, and the fire chance is still excellent with HE.

I am not trying to be a jerk but I actually wonder what the deal is with Yamato.  Yakked about on here all the time but looks pretty meh to me. I do understand the "legend" thing however. In WWII she was potentially a beast but just never lived up to that title. Sorry, I may have hit some raw nerves here. I am well aware she is a Japanese icon and I totally respect that. Carry on. 

O...badly handled in WWII IMO. 

[DAS]
Members
344 posts
4,317 battles

I did a similar thing not long ago and I just uploaded the game to YouTube so here you go. Go to 10:50 if you only want to see the salvo.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,556 posts
3,539 battles

Got to love it when Yamato's think their safe sitting still with their bow pointed at where they think the threat is when you sneak around and upper cut them with some cits.

This is one of the best I've ever done, EZ 66k damage hit with 5 Cits on a Iowa at close range

[STW-M]
Members
2,050 posts
5,861 battles

Ugh, I have yet to accomplish a single dev-strike against any tier 8+ BB in another battleship.

The most citadels I've gotten in a single salvo is 2; even shooting at a broadside Iowa <4 km out usually only nets me a few pens and overpens. Apparently, I have yet to figure out how to reliably citadel BBs at close range, despite usually aiming at the waterline amidship. Am I supposed to aim below the frontal turrets instead, or even lower than the waterline?