You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SaltyRat

Ridiculous fines!

26 comments in this topic

[USMC_]
Members
210 posts
11,252 battles

While the fine amount is miniscule the fact of being fined in some cases is just downright ignorant game mechanics! How is it, I can be setting dead still, a player runs into me and I get a fine? Are there sea rules or something I am not adhering to or am I just on the wrong side of the ocean?

• Funny 2

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles

It is not worth coding since 99.9% of the time it won't be able to determine who was 'at fault' and use CPU cycles that are far better to do other things.  They also get a fine - both sides get a fine.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
8 minutes ago, SaltyRat said:

While the fine amount is miniscule the fact of being fined in some cases is just downright ignorant game mechanics! How is it, I can be setting dead still, a player runs into me and I get a fine? Are there sea rules or something I am not adhering to or am I just on the wrong side of the ocean?

Dont Be Salty GIF - DontBeSalty GIFs

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,462 posts
5,645 battles

If someone rams you it's not even a 500 credit fine. Usually it's less than 100 credits unless you're actively ramming them.

[USMC_]
Members
210 posts
11,252 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

If someone rams you it's not even a 500 credit fine. Usually it's less than 100 credits unless you're actively ramming them.

Lets be real, in most cases it does not even break 10 but thats not the point! Given how far off tilt this game has gone to punish poor behavior and coddle over sensitive players I am surprised they are OK with insulting players for doing absolutely nothing to deserve it!

• Cool 1

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles
3 minutes ago, SaltyRat said:

Given how far off tilt this game has gone to punish poor behavior and coddle over sensitive players

Has zero to do with it...  nothing.

• Bad 1

[O_O]
Members
4,415 posts
9,558 battles
6 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

WG refuses to do away with friendly fire.... some Idiots actually like it.

go figure.

Hmmm.  So I'm an idiot.  Does it take one to know one?  Neener, neener?  I know you are, but what am I?

I don't like getting hit with friendly fire.  I don't like accidentally hitting a team mate and doing damage to him.  But, I sure as heck don't want team mates spamming torps into me just because "they don't hurt."  It would be stupid.  It would be constant.  And I don't want it.  I'll take the current system, thank you.

• Cool 7

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles
9 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

go figure.

Not difficult to figure at all...

[O_O]
Members
4,415 posts
9,558 battles
Just now, CylonRed said:

Not difficult to figure at all...

We JUST got walloped in a game together.  Now we are here in this thread together.

Did you bring roses?  Or a knife?  Are you a romantic stalker, or a psychotic one???  :Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,462 posts
5,645 battles
7 minutes ago, SaltyRat said:

Lets be real, in most cases it does not even break 10 but thats not the point! Given how far off tilt this game has gone to punish poor behavior and coddle over sensitive players I am surprised they are OK with insulting players for doing absolutely nothing to deserve it!

Just don't ram your team? It screws not only you but the person you're ramming into.

Beta Testers
102 posts
633 battles

Honestly, it looks like a mechanic that never really worked but was to much trouble to remove from the code. 

I suppose it moderately offends my sense of clean coding, but given some of the spaghetti lava flows I've seen, it's more on par with the free city newspaper you don't read getting wet in the morning... 

[PSP]
Members
6,284 posts
8,912 battles
28 minutes ago, Lert said:

Both sides get fined. 

It's just like no fault insurance. If someone runs into me and they don't have insurance then my insurance company raises my rates to pay for it.

• Cool 1

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles
28 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Hmmm.  So I'm an idiot.  Does it take one to know one?  Neener, neener?  I know you are, but what am I?

I don't like getting hit with friendly fire.  I don't like accidentally hitting a team mate and doing damage to him.  But, I sure as heck don't want team mates spamming torps into me just because "they don't hurt."  It would be stupid.  It would be constant.  And I don't want it.  I'll take the current system, thank you.

This X1000

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

some Idiots actually like it.

Yeah, they say it keeps the game "HONEST"! WoW could fix this by reflecting ALL TK damage back onto the player who fired the shots, all the time, every time, no exceptions, while not having any damage put onto the player who didn't fire the shots. This would "keep the player base honest" and "not promote spam shooting" while eliminating damage from team kills altogether. Players would damn sure watch their shots if when they hit a team mate all the damage was put onto them. As it stands now, if you are for keeping the current system, it basically means you want the ability to damage your fellow players, usually because they aren't doing what you want, or what you told them to do. 

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
4 hours ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, they say it keeps the game "HONEST"! WoW could fix this by reflecting ALL TK damage back onto the player who fired the shots, all the time, every time, no exceptions, while not having any damage put onto the player who didn't fire the shots. This would "keep the player base honest" and "not promote spam shooting" while eliminating damage from team kills altogether. Players would damn sure watch their shots if when they hit a team mate all the damage was put onto them. As it stands now, if you are for keeping the current system, it basically means you want the ability to damage your fellow players, usually because they aren't doing what you want, or what you told them to do. 

Honestly The fear of spam torps is nonsense. The Scenarios don't have that problem.

Once a player knows his "accidental" Shot doesn't do crap it is not used again for anger or dissatisfaction of another player.

They become truly Accidental.A nonissue.    

[NMKJT]
Members
2,732 posts
48 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Honestly The fear of spam torps is nonsense. The Scenarios don't have that problem.

Once a player knows his "accidental" Shot doesn't do crap it is not used again for anger or dissatisfaction of another player.

They become truly Accidental.A nonissue.    

If you play scenarios you realize there is no downside to removing team damage

[DNTZ]
Members
215 posts
11,552 battles
24 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

If you play scenarios you realize there is no downside to removing team damage

How many scenarios do you see 4 of your DDs spamming torps all over the map?  Go ahead I'll wait...

If you are hitting teammates with shells or torps, then you need to get better.  It should be a rare problem.

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
26 posts
8,248 battles

Yeah I hate it when my allies pilot their ships like my wife drives her car...…………….crash bang pow...………. but it is what it is. 

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,353 posts
13,076 battles
10 hours ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

go figure.

It's called "no-fault" insurance … very popular in some parts of the world …  it's cost-effective and it works :)

Maybe he got rammed BECAUSE he wasn't moving? lol

10 hours ago, SaltyRat said:

After 10,193 battles you're just figuring this out?

"Deserve's Got Nothin To Do With It" - Unforgiven 

Edited by Commander_367

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
10 hours ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

go figure.

wargaming got rid of friendy fire on console but leaves it for pc.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,353 posts
13,076 battles
2 hours ago, StudebacherHoch said:

Yeah I hate it when my allies pilot their ships like my wife drives her car...…………….crash bang pow...………. but it is what it is. 

How do you know you're parked? Your bumper meets another bumper :)

Well done pig .. well done