You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Slayer

Deep Water Torpedos go under islands.......

10 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,537 battles

On the map Sleeping Giant, in my low tiered Cleveland. Trying to use an island as cover from a Musashi. I see deep water torpedos coming in, but ignore them as there is an island between me and them. I was doing a stream, thus music playing, and at a puase, I still hear the torpedo alert, and the icon indicates the same direction, I zoom out in time to see a torpedo coming out from under the island. Didn't die, but still surprised me.

shameless stream plug:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlainNaiveMarrowStoneLightning

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
571 posts

The stream is a nice touch but a Replay would be required to verify this.

NM I saw it the second time WOW

Edited by _Lord_Scott_

[WPP]
Members
527 posts
5,521 battles
27 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

The stream is a nice touch but a Replay would be required to verify this.

NM I saw it the second time WOW

Same.  I think it’s so obvious I overlooked it looking for a small glitch. Hilarious.

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,239 battles

That is a very dedicated torpedo right there.

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles

I've only seen this a few times so far. Good thing though that it's a visual glitch. The torpedoes are no longer dangerous. (I had a heart attack seeing a volley going through an island and into me...)  It can also happen on normal torpedoes.

Funny thing is. If it happens to an ally torpedo. it will keep on going into the sunset. (because you always see ally torpedos)

Edited by Merlox

[-WPG-]
Members
828 posts
3,406 battles

There's a place on Hotspot - circled below, where if I wedge my ship right up against it parallel, the shells will appear to travel through the island. It's happened to me several times in my Buffalo and Des Moines.  The first time I saw it, I thought it was an awesome glitch and I exploited it... raining fire on ships while completely undetected.  It took me several volleys to realize the shells travelling through the island were just a visual glitch and the shells never actually connected with anything. I'm not even sure if other players saw them. I've never bothered to enable replays but maybe I should to show this.  It might be related to the torp.

hotspot3.jpg

Edited by DouglasMacAwful

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
47 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

On the map Sleeping Giant, in my low tiered Cleveland. Trying to use an island as cover from a Musashi. I see deep water torpedos coming in, but ignore them as there is an island between me and them. I was doing a stream, thus music playing, and at a puase, I still hear the torpedo alert, and the icon indicates the same direction, I zoom out in time to see a torpedo coming out from under the island. Didn't die, but still surprised me.

shameless stream plug:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlainNaiveMarrowStoneLightning

Sorry mate but that is FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY.  Wargaming did state that deep water torps do run deep lol.

[5D5]
Members
2,296 posts
14,427 battles

The deep water torpedo is just exploiting the programming since the devs haven't designed anything far below the waterline. :Smile_teethhappy:

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,436 battles

Why you torpingt islands? Sorry I shoot them and run into them all the time.

[ICE9]
Members
855 posts
34 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

the devs haven't designed anything far below the waterline. :Smile_teethhappy:

Good thing too, else-wise we might see U-Knowhats.... :Smile_playing: