You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Kylere

Musashi, coal, and free exp

26 comments in this topic

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

The Musashi is current selling in the Armoury for 132,000 Coal (with the coupon) and I have 47k coal now. 

The Musashi is selling in the Tech Tree for 750,000 free exp, I have 670k free exp. 

Is it crazy, or does it suddenly seem foolish to get it for Free Exp? Shouldn't I just get the Nelson and/or and save for a future draft choice with the Free Exp? Because at the rate I am acquiring coal it feels like a lot less work than all the exp.  

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

FXP is easier to obtain and you can acquire it continuously, so to me if I was considering getting the Musashi, it would be with FXP. I would save coal for things that could not be easily obtain elsewhere. 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,252 posts
9,954 battles

or...you could wait for them to release the USS Alaska?:fish_aqua: Its basically a mini-Iowa!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Aren't they introducing Resource Containers with the next patch?

Might want to get a few of those and guess your drop rates before deciding. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
614 posts
4,868 battles

Musashi is handy for coal if you don't have the Free XP.

However there will be new freemiums in time, and also the arsenal will rotate freemiums for coal as well. Personally if you want the boat, id go for the Free XP and save your coal for the Salem or another freemium.

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles

Coal right now is difficult to obtain. Until the "more resources" containers become an option, then it'll be easier.

I personally, am choosing to use coal to obtain the ship.

As for your predicament:

Since you already have 670k attempt to get it with FXP. But ultimately: if there is another ship you're eyeing wait on spending the coal. If there is no other ship, then use the first resource (coal or FXP) that gets to the required price.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,252 posts
9,954 battles

while on the topic of the Arsenal. Do we know if they'll ever be switching out the ships in it?:cap_hmm:

I only ask because I have most of them already.

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,011 battles
1 minute ago, _greifer said:

Musashi is handy for coal if you don't have the Free XP.

However there will be new freemiums in time, and also the arsenal will rotate freemiums for coal as well. Personally if you want the boat, id go for the Free XP and save your coal for the Salem or another freemium.

Yeah looks like a Tirpitz or something is on the Arsenal picture... So I get the feeling the Arsenal might very soon have my undivided attention if Tirpitz, Scharnhorst , or Harekaze gets put there for coal.

Musashi is on my list of ships to aquire, but she easily be bumped down the list and other things put ahead of her....

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,867 posts
11,579 battles

I would suggest not buying it at all, it's just a worse Yammy that sometimes gets to crapon t7s.

But if you do buy it, FXP is much easier to earn than coal.

• Cool 2

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

17 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

or...you could wait for them to release the USS Alaska?:fish_aqua: Its basically a mini-Iowa!

I am pushing it by looking at Tier 8's! 

I am not in love with the Musashi though, so it is worth a consideration. I am kicking myself still for missing the Missouri, I just do not want to trade down.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,038 posts
3,564 battles
55 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I would suggest not buying it at all, it's just a worse Yammy that sometimes gets to crapon t7s.

But if you do buy it, FXP is much easier to earn than coal.

with the "more resources" crate going to become available coal will become easier to obtain, at least 400 per crate, 1200 per crate best case scenario. So you can obtain 1200-3600 per day by choosing that option once 0.7.7 drops.

[AMWKS]
Modder
175 posts
2,604 battles

Personally if I have the 20% coupon for the ship via the arsenal, then I would use the coal.  That will start the clock on obtaining another coupon for a ship, which they've determined you earn every six patches.  But you can't stockpile them.

Members
3,811 posts
14,127 battles
1 hour ago, BladedPheonix said:

I have just over 1 mil FXP and Alaska is what I'm saving it for. Assuming that WG doesn't pull a WG and make her available only for coal or steel.:Smile_sceptic:

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,252 posts
9,954 battles
2 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I have just over 1 mil FXP and Alaska is what I'm saving it for. Assuming that WG doesn't pull a WG and make her available only for coal or steel.:Smile_sceptic:

doubt they'd do her for steel. They'd get way more money for F-EXP

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
1 hour ago, BladedPheonix said:

while on the topic of the Arsenal. Do we know if they'll ever be switching out the ships in it?:cap_hmm:

I only ask because I have most of them already.

Is there anywhere they don't switch out the ships? I don't know the answer but every other shop/sale/fxp ship store has a rotation associated with it and nothing stays forever, even the tech tree dubloon ships.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,435 battles

I'm of the opinion that as new FXP Premiums come into the game, they add older ones to the Coal shop. Like how Musashi was added to the Arsenal while the newest hotness, Kronstadt, is currently only available for FXP.

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
918 posts
2,119 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Kylere said:

The Musashi is current selling in the Armoury for 132,000 Coal (with the coupon) and I have 47k coal now. 

The Musashi is selling in the Tech Tree for 750,000 free exp, I have 670k free exp. 

Is it crazy, or does it suddenly seem foolish to get it for Free Exp? Shouldn't I just get the Nelson and/or and save for a future draft choice with the Free Exp? Because at the rate I am acquiring coal it feels like a lot less work than all the exp.  

it was 50/50, but since they are adding the crates to pick from that give 400 guaranteed coal per pop, its a no brainer. Of course use a coupon. If you already spent the ship coupon, wait a few updates for the refresh. 25% off 200,000 is quite a bit

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Kylere said:

always the option of getting another tier 10 with all the said free exp. and with birthday event coming up and if it like last year it would = 1,000 battle =1 super container and for every tier 10 = 1 super container. 

Members
855 posts
3,602 battles

Save your coal for the Salem. I wish I could save more free xp, but I can't help but spend it on ship lines. 

Edited by Slumlord_Cheeto

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

Is the Kronstadt worth the free XP? I have just over 1 million now and do not want Musashi as I already have the Missouri. Is there a timeline on the Alaska?

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,252 posts
9,954 battles
30 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Save your coal for the Salem. I wish I could save more free xp, but I can't help but spend it on ship lines. 

why? without the premium cameo its hemerages credits?:Smile_amazed: and that means shelling out 5k doubloons (around $35)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,686 posts
3,832 battles
34 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

why? without the premium cameo its hemerages credits?:Smile_amazed: and that means shelling out 5k doubloons (around $35)

Salem comes with the premium camo and has the same bonuses of a tier 10 camo on top of its 90k base service fee.

[SOV]
Members
466 posts
10,999 battles
3 hours ago, Captain_Kylere said:

It seems a better value to use coal. But what about Salem?

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,252 posts
9,954 battles
21 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Salem comes with the premium camo and has the same bonuses of a tier 10 camo on top of its 90k base service fee.

really? I didn't now that! maybe I should start saving then!:fish_aqua:

Members
730 posts
3,915 battles

I already have the Missouri, the Musashi and the Kronshtadt.  So, the Salem it is!  But, you folks think the Alaska will be the next freemium ship coming out?

Source?

~Beorn (the free exp grinder)