You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iamplaya

bismark containers in arsenal

28 comments in this topic

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts

i would like to warn people about the bismark containers in arsenal

do not buy them

i baught 5 for 5000 coal and i only got 1 signal in each crate

if you buy them in premium shop you get 7 signal in a crate or even 20 if your lucky

so if your like me and thaught ....i need signals ill buy bismarck crate in arsenal

dont do it its a rip off

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,677 posts
9,071 battles

The reason you but them or the other two from the arsenal is to complete a collection without spending real money which worked like a champ for me for the Dunkirk collection. yeah, I ended up buying 15 but they got me a captain.

• Cool 1

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The reason you but them or the other two from the arsenal is to complete a collection without spending real money which worked like a champ for me for the Dunkirk collection. yeah, I ended up buying 15 but they got me a captain.

i baught some dunkirk crates on there too to finish my collection

pretty sure i got more then 1 signal in those per crates 

cant say for sure i dont remember but unless im mistaken i didnt get ripped off like in the bismark.ones

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,037 posts
3,555 battles
17 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

i would like to warn people about the bismark containers in arsenal

do not buy them

i baught 5 for 5000 coal and i only got 1 signal in each crate

if you buy them in premium shop you get 7 signal in a crate or even 20 if your lucky

so if your like me and thaught ....i need signals ill buy bismarck crate in arsenal

dont do it its a rip off

That's because the one in the premium shop is a large Bismarck Container, while the container in the arsenal is a small Bismarck container.

Those containers are there to finish out a collection, not for anything else.

So it's not a rip off, you just had the wrong impression about it, that's all. It happens.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts

and i dont recall wargaming saying that these crates in arsenal are a lesses version of the actual crates

did they?

• Cool 1

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts

well it is what it is i guess

still i warn people not to do the same mistake i did and waste 5000 coal for nothing

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,037 posts
3,555 battles
8 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

and i dont recall wargaming saying that these crates in arsenal are a lesses version of the actual crates

did they?

now that you mention it. No, they did not specify that at all. However, the likelihood that they would make a crate in the premium shop, free to purchase, give us an easy way to obtain coal, and then keep that crate in the premium shop, is very unlikely. So based on the fact that the Bismarck container is still being sold in the premium shop, one could easily deduce that the Bismarck crate in the arsenal is of lesser value.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts
Just now, Counter_Gambit said:

now that you mention it. No, they did not specify that at all. However, the likelihood that they would make a crate in the premium shop, free to purchase, give us an easy way to obtain coal, and then keep that crate in the premium shop, is very unlikely. So based on the fact that the Bismarck container is still being sold in the premium shop, one could easily deduce that the Bismarck crate in the arsenal is of lesser value.

it should have been mentionned none the less

im gonna write a ticket about this

i dont care if im not reimbursed my coal but maybe that will prompt them on fixing this for the community by giving a warning about the crate being a lesser version so people dont feel screwed like me

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,037 posts
3,555 battles
1 minute ago, iamplaya said:

it should have been mentionned none the less

im gonna write a ticket about this

i dont care if im not reimbursed my coal but maybe that will prompt them on fixing this for the community by giving a warning about the crate being a lesser version so people dont feel screwed like me

They advertised the crates in the arsenal as "to complete the collections," so that is still on you for screwing yourself over, by not paying attention to that bit.

And to think of it:

Small Bismarck Container, gives two collection pieces. Large Bismarck container (sold in premium shop) only gives one collection piece, but has another item to give them better value. This makes the small Bismarck Container more valuable for collection completion, than the Large Bismarck container.

So again, on you for not paying attention to how the crates were advertised.

[RKLES]
Members
7,214 posts
9,006 battles
42 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Exactly, so having 2 pins anonly 1 Signal Flag is by no means a rip off, but instead working as intended to help people get the collections and the rewards those collections give. I am just glad I finished Jack Dunkirk and other such collection campaigns back when they were doing their events so that I did not have to go to the trouble of buying crates later.

Members
303 posts
4,519 battles

Getting one dragon signal in each Bismarck or Dunkirk container is not a bad deal, especially if you get the Dragon, Red Dragon or Hydra.  At five crates per 5000 coal, that is 1000 coal per signal.  Buying signal packs from the Arsenal will cost you for example 640 coal per ESCL signal without a coupon, 320 coal if you use the 50% off coupon (which of course you will!).  A Red Dragon signal (+100% XP and + 100% CXP) gets you the equivalent bonuses of two ESCL (+50% XP) and two Zulu Hotel (+50% CXP).  Using two 50% coupons to get ESCL and Zulu Hotel signal packs from the Arsenal would end up costing you 880 coal for the four signals, so slightly cheaper.  If you were using only the 25% coupon or none, then you would be paying more for the equivalent bonus worth of regular economic signals.

And as mentioned, those crates are really there to help you complete your Bismarck or Dunkirk collections with two collection pieces per crate.

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,206 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Yup, I was 4 items out from finishing the Bismarck Collection. 1 Batch of 5 containers and I got what I needed.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts

i understand all that

but you people fail to see my point of view i baught the crates in arsenal thinking i would get signals

just like i do when i buy crates in the premium shop

i dont care about the bismark collection i dont have that ship so the camo for it is useless to me

i assumed that i would get signals for my coal its the only reason i baught the crate

i dont think 5000 coal is that easily aquired it takes a long time to save that much coal

so no i dont think 5 signal for 5000 coal is a good deal

i can buy 5 bismark crate for 18$ in premium shop thats chump change, 5000 coal that takes me a week of my time to get that

so ya i feel ripped off ,i should have read the fine print i guess

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts
12 minutes ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

Getting one dragon signal in each Bismarck or Dunkirk container is not a bad deal, especially if you get the Dragon, Red Dragon or Hydra.  At five crates per 5000 coal, that is 1000 coal per signal.  Buying signal packs from the Arsenal will cost you for example 640 coal per ESCL signal without a coupon, 320 coal if you use the 50% off coupon (which of course you will!).  A Red Dragon signal (+100% XP and + 100% CXP) gets you the equivalent bonuses of two ESCL (+50% XP) and two Zulu Hotel (+50% CXP).  Using two 50% coupons to get ESCL and Zulu Hotel signal packs from the Arsenal would end up costing you 880 coal for the four signals, so slightly cheaper.  If you were using only the 25% coupon or none, then you would be paying more for the equivalent bonus worth of regular economic signals.

And as mentioned, those crates are really there to help you complete your Bismarck or Dunkirk collections with two collection pieces per crate.

signal in arsenal are way overprice and not worth it everybody knows that

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,677 posts
9,071 battles
Just now, iamplaya said:

signal in arsenal are way overprice and not worth it everybody knows that

Considering that you don't have to spend real money the prices are fine.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Considering that you don't have to spend real money the prices are fine.

they are not time is money mr wolf

Members
569 posts
1 minute ago, iamplaya said:

Your time at your Value is not the same value WG has for your time. Go to Gulag!

[PSP]
Members
6,307 posts
8,930 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

The reason you but them or the other two from the arsenal is to complete a collection 

This is the answer. I exchanged coal for a couple of them just to complete my collection. I really didn't care what else was in them but the collection items.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts
6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

This is the answer. I exchanged coal for a couple of them just to complete my collection. I really didn't care what else was in them but the collection items.

yes i did that for the dunkirk one myself and that was the sole reason to finish the collection

when i got the bismark ones it was for signals no other reason

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,677 posts
9,071 battles
4 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

None of the ships in the arsenal interest me and if all you want are economic flags it is worth it. YMMV

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
472 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

None of the ships in the arsenal interest me and if all you want are economic flags it is worth it. YMMV

ymmv?

nice try wolf i understand you guys point of views

im still writting a ticket tho ) 

so that people dont do what i did and feel dissapointed

fyi id like a salem or black from arsenal myself

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,677 posts
9,071 battles
17 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

ymmv?

nice try wolf i understand you guys point of views

fyi id like a salem or black from arsenal myself

Your Mileage May Vary, the EPA mileage disclaimer. I am retired and on a fixed income so spending some coal instead of spending real money makes sense right now. If you buy the flags in the premium shop you also end up with a bunch of other flags that are not what you want.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,037 posts
3,555 battles
22 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

but you people fail to see my point of view i baught the crates in arsenal thinking i would get signals

just like i do when i buy crates in the premium shop

i assumed that i would get signals for my coal its the only reason i baught the crate

... ,i should have read the fine print i guess

The first section, once again, is failure of deductive reasoning. Crate still being sold in premium shop, therefore the one for coal can't be the same value. It wouldn't make sense, if they made something too easy to obtain, yet still sell it for real money. With 0.7.7, 1200-3600 coal will be possible per day, with the more resource crate. Worst case scenario, 13 crates will be needed.

The second and third section: that is entirely on you. Which is what I have been saying, and what others have been implying.

You ripped yourself off, by following a false assumption. This isn't WG's fault, this is all on you. THIS is why it seems like we aren't seeing it from your point of view, when we clearly are. You followed a false assumption, and feel ripped off for it. It's fine to feel that way. But this is 100% your fault, not WG.

BUT: To call the whole thing a rip off, because you screwed yourself over, is where the line must be drawn.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,037 posts
3,555 battles
28 minutes ago, iamplaya said:

The ticket is not going to help anything. All you'll be doing is wasting their time. If you don't want others to be "screwed over" or "be disappointed" then a simple:"hey I screwed up and thought one thing, and was wrong about it. If you're looking for signals, those containers in the arsenal are not what you're looking for. That's 5000 coal wasted on that false assumption of mine."

Instead, you're whining "oh woe is me, I ripped myself off. Those containers are rip offs, don't buy. Going to waste people's time by writing a ticket, despite the fact that they can't do anything about my false assumption."

[WOLF2]
Members
893 posts
7,273 battles
51 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Same.   In fact, I'd like to thank the OP for this post, as it reminded me to finish the Bismarck campaign to get those permanent camos.   Got tired of driving the Halloween monstrosity.    Now, she's fitted with the "on the bottom" camo, and looks like she's been through a war.

Threw down some coal, and got the missing pieces (or enough duplicates) to finish.    Some people's lament is another person's joy.   Thanks for the reminder!!!