Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Ships seem very slow lately?

72 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,363
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,844 posts
10,629 battles

Does anyone else feel something changed within the game as far as how fast your ships move on the map? I don't mean their stat speed but rather how fast they actually move on the map? Lately it seems no matter how fast a ship is everything feels like I am driving the NY = SLOW!  Everything just seems sluggish and snail like lately. Everything is working right and normal fps/ping/no lag, etc... I just feel like at times I can jump in the screen and swim faster than the ships are moving.

??? :Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
282 posts
4,374 battles

i thought it was just me playing a t7 after a couple of days in T10 Clan battles. but... then you post this... hmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,117
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,400 posts
9,538 battles

Did you change your zoom level? That will make ships feel slower but it is purely perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,363
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,844 posts
10,629 battles
5 minutes ago, paradat said:

Did you change your zoom level? That will make ships feel slower but it is purely perspective.

Nope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,117
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,400 posts
9,538 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Nope.

Hmm OK , I got  nothing.  When ever I have experienced this before it has always been related to scale and perspective. Zoom in ship feels faster zoom out feels slower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
152
[HRVAT]
Members
300 posts
6,124 battles

I notice this too...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
141
[CAPGO]
Members
525 posts
3,314 battles

I didn't notice this but it's very interesting that it's not just OP

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Maybe you're developing ADD. Or perhaps not ADD, but that particular condition where your mind only superficially touches on elements of reality without diving more deeply into them, thus it never finds a deeper interest that would demand and sustain a considerable commitment of attention.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,363
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,844 posts
10,629 battles
42 minutes ago, paradat said:

Hmm OK , I got  nothing.  When ever I have experienced this before it has always been related to scale and perspective. Zoom in ship feels faster zoom out feels slower.

I always play zoomed out as far as it will go so no change in my viewing mode.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
496
[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles

The last time I remember this was posted, it was right after the waves were enhanced.  The bigger and more pronounced bow waves seemed to make the ship appear slower.  IIRC, the waves were reduced a bit or we got used to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles
2 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I always play zoomed out as far as it will go so no change in my viewing mode.

Were you binging Red Bulls or experimenting with Crystal Meth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,363
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,844 posts
10,629 battles
2 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Were you binging Red Bulls or experimenting with Crystal Meth?

Nope. I am as straight laced as they come. Don't smoke, don't drink, and don't do drugs.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,034 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Nope. I am as straight laced as they come. Don't smoke, don't drink, and don't do drugs.

My question then is, do you live longer or does it just seem that way? The ships seem to slow way down when torps are inbound and the torps seem to speed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
900
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Nope. I am as straight laced as they come. Don't smoke, don't drink, and don't do drugs.

A clear mind is a beautiful thing and it seems much easier to achieve sober. I say "seems" because I've never not been sober.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
273
[WOLF5]
Members
611 posts
12,163 battles

I first noticed my Asashio feels slow; but I'll be doing nearly max speed. Then other ships seem to feel 'sluggish' as well. 

 

I thought it was just me. Wonder if there is some actual anomaly in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,715
Members
18,235 posts
5,205 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Don't drink, don't smoke...

What do you do?

Certain innuendos follow, must be something inside......

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,715
Members
18,235 posts
5,205 battles
1 hour ago, Hiroe said:

A clear mind is a beautiful thing and it seems much easier to achieve sober. I say "seems" because I've never not been sober.

A clear mind is a beautiful thing if it's healthy. Otherwise it's a crap shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
569 posts
3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Does anyone else feel something changed within the game as far as how fast your ships move on the map? I don't mean their stat speed but rather how fast they actually move on the map? Lately it seems no matter how fast a ship is everything feels like I am driving the NY = SLOW!  Everything just seems sluggish and snail like lately. Everything is working right and normal fps/ping/no lag, etc... I just feel like at times I can jump in the screen and swim faster than the ships are moving.

??? :Smile_amazed:

After reading the Post and replies, All I can Offer up is your getting older like me. Biology is a funny thing when it kicks in strange things happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
246 posts
1,360 battles

You know, I was thinking to myself over the past couple days my Nurnberg seems a bit less nimble....:cap_hmm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
216
[ANZAC]
[ANZAC]
Members
605 posts
5,048 battles

I totally noticed this. It happened around the time I stopped playing my Khab in ranked and went back to grinding my UK BB's. Everything seemed soooo slooooow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53
[WOLF9]
Members
266 posts
3,893 battles

I've been feeling like this for several weeks.  I keep finding myself looking down to make sure I didn't accidentally back off on the throttle, but it shows full and the ship going 33 knots and feeling like 22.  I thought it was just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
219
[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
552 posts
12,006 battles
3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

What do you do?

Certain innuendos follow, must be something inside......

That's the new Italian suppository?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
815
[ICE9]
Members
828 posts
3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

What do you do?

Certain innuendos follow, must be something inside......

Goody two-shoes!

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×