You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Chit_Bucket

Why do this? I really did like this game. MM SUCKS!

19 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
79 battles

I also cant post this where i wanted to!!!

WG i'm new and was learning just fine. i progressed to #12 now without the bots and some good exp. players. i was ok with this until this last battle... you slammed me into a STACKED tier 2 / 3  battle we were against 3 ranked players. the ones with numbers and symbols in front of there names. it was 3 on 3 battle. our side had no ranked and it was horrible.. your "MM" SUCKS!  i'm sure there are other noobs like me that feel the same...if this happens more i'm out!  also i've read that tier5 is somewhat like this playing against tier7's...Why?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

To make you feel better that number means very little.

Learn, adapt and overcome. It will only become more difficult from where you are now...

Some people prefer Coop, so perhaps that is more your thing? 

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Members
4 posts
79 battles

Why MM would place a 43 games played player with a 10,000 plus games played player is beyond me.

Coop is not any fun for me.

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles

I mean the numbers don’t mean much. Someone who plays enough battles can reach rank 1. The mm is not skill based so you just have to work to get better. Not much you can do.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,731 posts
7,572 battles
43 minutes ago, Chit_Bucket said:

WG i'm new and was learning just fine. i progressed to #12 now without the bots and some good exp. players. i was ok with this until this last battle... you slammed me into a STACKED tier 2 / 3  battle we were against 3 ranked players. the ones with numbers and symbols in front of there names. it was 3 on 3 battle. our side had no ranked and it was horrible.. your "MM" SUCKS!  i'm sure there are other noobs like me that feel the same...if this happens more i'm out!  also i've read that tier5 is somewhat like this playing against tier7's...Why?

There is an MM reason the way it is .. it’s not player base with to few players to fill the ranks either

I could post the reason but my words like has happened before would be deleted 

suffice to say bottom line is $$$$ 

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Rank and player skill is not factored into matchmaker. At all. Consumables(radar) is not a factor either. Neither is games played outside the first newbie tiers. These threads pop up every week and they are pointless.

In most matches tier, ship type, and divisions(I believe) are factored. That's it.

Sometimes your team is the hammer, sometimes your team is the nail.

Also I know you are a new player but +/- 2 MM is the way most of the game functions, you will need to accept and overcome that if you want to progress up the tiers.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger

[CVA16]
Members
2,284 posts
9,859 battles
25 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

I mean the numbers don’t mean much. Someone who plays enough battles can reach rank 1. The mm is not skill based so you just have to work to get better. Not much you can do.

You are correct in that the player skills are not considered by MM. Seems like they should be as often when you have a steam-roll battle it is obvious from the post battle screen why. The steam-roller team almost always has more lower ranked players than the steam-rollee team. If such stats were shown before the match, most players could easily predict the outcome before the first shot is fired. Not 100% accurate, but give me those odds in Vegas and I would be rich.

[SALVO]
Members
17,053 posts
17,692 battles
44 minutes ago, Chit_Bucket said:

Why MM would place a 43 games played player with a 10,000 plus games played player is beyond me.

MM doesn't pay attention to the number of games played or the skill of the players.  Never has, and probably (though ya never know for sure) never will.

There is some degree of sandbox MM for newbies, but I don't recall the actual details.

As for coop, you may not find it fun, but it is a good place to get your feet wet, because you can be certain that you won't be facing veteran players on the other team while you're learning the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
56 minutes ago, Chit_Bucket said:

He is already level 12 so that throws him in the adult pool. Also with a 69% WR and a 8 to 1 KD I don't think he has much room to complain, he has been seal clubbing like a pro.

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles
1 hour ago, Chit_Bucket said:

I have over 10,000 battles and it isn't how many battles you have, learning tactics and each ships capabilities will help you. Quitting is an option if you feel the game is way too hard for you though. If you continue you will find that there are many battles that are routes, actually there are more routes than close battles. at every tier. It's also uncommon to get 3 on 3 battles.

[B2P]
Members
512 posts
13,634 battles

Welcome to the big pool!  Unfortunately at the very low tiers MM can sometimes throw together small teams if the wait for a player gets to be too long.  This is due to low player population at those tiers at the time you are playing.  And sorry to mix metaphors, but the training wheels are off now.  You will probably want to advance up at least a few tiers to where the player population is greater so you have full teams, but your running into ranked players and such will now become the norm.

You may feel like a guppy among sharks, but if you keep trying to learn the game and strive to get better, I'm sure that you will overcome.

Members
4 posts
79 battles

thanks for the responses however i dont feel all that good like below states...

44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

He is already level 12 so that throws him in the adult pool. Also with a 69% WR and a 8 to 1 KD I don't think he has much room to complain, he has been seal clubbing like a pro.

i guess that 3 on 3 scenario was very rare. it just made me wonder  how such an  uneven battle  was made is all.. there are tons more variables than say call of duty.

im sure a high point captain makes a big difference, maybe more so than what my skills are...

i wonder if a deathmatch scenario is on the table at WG 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,615 posts
9,014 battles
7 minutes ago, Chit_Bucket said:

thanks for the responses however i dont feel all that good like below states...

i guess that 3 on 3 scenario was very rare. it just made me wonder  how such an  uneven battle  was made is all.. there are tons more variables than say call of duty.

im sure a high point captain makes a big difference, maybe more so than what my skills are...

i wonder if a deathmatch scenario is on the table at WG 

It is called a que dump and happens when someone is in the que for more than 5 minutes when the MM throws most of the rules out the window and makes a match with what ever is handy. They are most common during the overnight hours when the population is at its lowest.

A ten point or higher captain makes a big difference but thankfully there is a limit to how much training you can do unlike in WoT with a limit of 19 points.

Members
4 posts
79 battles
On 7/24/2018 at 5:21 PM, BrushWolf said:

It is called a que dump and happens when someone is in the que for more than 5 minutes when the MM throws most of the rules out the window and makes a match with what ever is handy. They are most common during the overnight hours when the population is at its lowest.

A ten point or higher captain makes a big difference but thankfully there is a limit to how much training you can do unlike in WoT with a limit of 19 points.

That makes sense. I did wait for a while.  I have another question??? I wait for 5 minutes and more for my T2 DD match on avg. With very few people... less than two minutes on average for my T2 cruiser with a full match and many DD's. Same day and time.. happens a lot..ideas!?

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,603 battles

@Chit_Bucket So you lost a low tier battle! We feel you pain! Get over it and battle on! We would love to hear back from you when you get stomped in your first tier 10 battles! By the way We Will Feel Your Pain Then Also! Be looking for the name in battle soon!

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,615 posts
9,014 battles

That makes sense. I did wait for a while.  I have another question??? I wait for 5 minutes and more for my T2 DD match on avg. With very few people... less than two minutes on average for my T2 cruiser with a full match and many DD's. Same day and time.. happens a lot..ideas!?

Wait times are affected by the numbers of each ship type in the que. I am guessing but I see two possibilities, one is that there are lots of DD's in the que and it is first come first served or two, there are not any other DD's in the que. Your low match count may be a factor too as there is a certain amount of matches required to get thrown into the deep end of the pool with more experienced players and you only see other inexperienced players until that point. I do not know what that amount is though.

[CAPTJ]
Members
10 posts
1,663 battles

Why do you think working your way up the tech tree "grinding"? It is work and you will eat fish poop for could be a long time. It is what it is. You play the game and you take your chances. Try to understand your one fatal mistake I each game. The "detected" triangle pops up, but you ignore it. You're gonna get sunk, all kinds of little things, a wrong turn between islands, beached yourself while in binocular mode, that will get you killed five different ways. Luck will get you killed. It's challenging and I'd bet you wouldn't want to play if it was a bot laydown each game. This happens to everybody. Know your boat, know the boats you're up against. I don't have a photographic memory and have to do that all the time. You'll be ok if you stick with it. You won't win 96% in Random. Not unless your are the second coming of Adm. Nelson, or Halsey, or Blackbeard, etc. I am more akin to Wrong Way Peter Peach Fuzz. Good luck. You care so you could be good.