You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MudFrogS1C

A gunboat Shiratsuyu, Yuudachi. POI!

15 comments in this topic

[13TH]
[13TH]
Members
8 posts
4,402 battles

As some of you may know, Yuudachi is not only the source of Poi but the better known sister ship of Shiratsuyu in the weebish side of the community.

Heres the thing; I am well aware that the people in charge of running/have ownership of the anime/game Kantai Collection seem very uninterested in allowing their product to be marketed outside of Japan, for one reason or another.

It would seem that Wargaming and its staff are interested in catering to the weeb section of the community,  and for that I am grateful, as I love anime and greatly enjoy the captains/camos/ships that have been offered since I joined, although a shame I missed out on the ARP ship events.

However, I want to seriously, honestly request a ship I am sure many many of us weebs will most certainly purchase and enjoy, and that is the IJN Yuudachi.

As many others before me have no doubt pointed out, Shiratsuyu as it exists today has less firepower than the Akatsuki and more torpedo power, despite being in the gunboat line - this works out perfectly for the addition of proposed Yuudachi.

You could either change the Shiratsuyu to a gun boat, with worse torpedos and a better reload, OR add Yuudachi with a competitive gunboat reload and nerfed torps, and possibly add a special-to-the-line consumable! 

I'd also like to speak directly to Wargaming's staff, first of all thank you for a well done and detailed game. It really is unique and expansive, and despite so, so many players raging and being ungrateful, let's be honest; we all love the game to death and that's why we play it endlessly. Thank you for your service!

About the ship, I spent a great deal of me wondering if Yuudachi would be added, and some things came to mind. First of which would be, how many people would have to want this ship in order for you (the development staff) to think of adding it?

Secondly, is Wargaming holding back on adding Yuudachi in hope of a Kantai Collection collab at some point? If that is the case, please, I implore them not to do so. They could add the ship now, and I and many other weebs would still buy it, and if they happen to do a Kantai Collection collab in the future, simply put the camos/captains for sale and they would most certainly be highly appreciated.

So, Community, players of World of Warships - what do you think of said gunboat Yuudachi? I look forward in hearing your thoughts.

Lastly, lest I come off as self-important, I want to thank others who may have requested this ship in the past. Please, do consider adding it! 

POI

Nl9tyhE.png

• Cool 6

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles

Let the anti-weeb tirades begin! 

This is actually a great idea, but how will WG counteract the poi spam in chat when this is released? Also, will we get a yudachi captain? Will it say poi? Will it have special tracers? So much to consider.

Also, another IJN gunbote sounds amazing, the current IJN gunboats are very good. I hope this would make a good one as well with decent DPM.

Edited by megadeux
  • Boring 1

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,624 posts
8,921 battles
Spoiler

I would like to see Yuudachi added but I see WG adding Shigure more since shes the most well known ship of the class.

Lucky Shigure, and her admiral Hara

Spoiler

[13TH]
[13TH]
Members
8 posts
4,402 battles
5 minutes ago, megadeux said:

Let the anti-weeb tirades begin! 

This is actually a great idea, but how will WG counteract the poi spam in chat when this is released? Also, will we get a yudachi captain? Will it say poi? Will it have special tracers? So much to consider.

Also, another IJN gunbote sounds amazing, the current IJN gunboats are very good. I hope this would make a good one as well with decent DPM.

My idea is that this one will not be reliant on IFHE to become an effective gunbote like the smaller caliber Akizuki family of ships are. Yuudachi woul be able to use other skills and still deal consistent damage to enemy destroyers, a unique trait amongst IJN gunbotes. Thanks for your support! :poi:

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,334 posts
6,609 battles

I like this idea, it would be both a ship that appeals to the anime-friendly part of the community and to the ones with historical interest. Though Shigure, as pointed out above, had a longer history, the one of Yuudachi was by no means boring. Her actions during Guadalcanal are very confusing, no one really knows what she did or not. A thumbs-up from me :Smile_coin:

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,569 posts
4,442 battles
33 minutes ago, MudFrogS1C said:

Secondly, is Wargaming holding back on adding Yuudachi in hope of a Kantai Collection collab at some point? If that is the case, please, I implore them not to do so. They could add the ship now, and I and many other weebs would still buy it, and if they happen to do a Kantai Collection collab in the future, simply put the camos/captains for sale and they would most certainly be highly appreciated.

Nah, Kantai Collection collaboration ain't happening. The KC devs just aren't interested in the international market, and I'd be very surprised if WG hasn't already tried to get them onboard. If anything it's more likely to appear in Warthunder since DMM who hosts the Kancolle game also hosts Gaijin's games.

It's Azur Lane for us, which isn't so bad at all since AL actually has a sizeable number of characters that could fit American/British/German ships in WoWs.

[CVA16]
Members
2,316 posts
9,901 battles

Assuming they buff the guns, it is still a Shiratsuyu. Too small and slow for gunboat at the tier. I suppose it could get better smoke but the guns would have to be MUCH better to dissuade ships from just charging in and killing it. Overall I think it would still need decent torps (no TRB though)

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
53 posts
6,429 battles

It's a ship I would actually spend money on, since the Shiratsuyu we have in the game right now isn't really my style.

And since it has a nice bit of history in real life, I say even non anime lovers will enjoy it. Please give it the white sail if you get it in game, kthanksWG.

So :fish_aqua:

[13TH]
[13TH]
Members
8 posts
4,402 battles
50 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

Nah, Kantai Collection collaboration ain't happening. The KC devs just aren't interested in the international market, and I'd be very surprised if WG hasn't already tried to get them onboard. If anything it's more likely to appear in Warthunder since DMM who hosts the Kancolle game also hosts Gaijin's games.

It's Azur Lane for us, which isn't so bad at all since AL actually has a sizeable number of characters that could fit American/British/German ships in WoWs.

Yes, that is my fear is that Yuudachi will not be added due to KC collab never happening. I'd be very happy and grateful if WG decided to add a gun buffed and torp nerfed Shiratsuyu in honor of the mighty Poi, and at least give a slight nod to her, even if Kantai Collection camo and captains never happen. Thank you for your input though!

Edited by MudFrogS1C

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,239 posts
4,807 battles

I'm all for either Shigure or Yuudachi but at the same time I'd like to see WG restore separate smoke and torp reload booster as originally released on Shiratsuyu the nerfs we're too much

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,624 posts
8,921 battles
32 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

I'm all for either Shigure or Yuudachi but at the same time I'd like to see WG restore separate smoke and torp reload booster as originally released on Shiratsuyu the nerfs we're too much

This hear is why I say Yuudachi and shigure should both be added. Poi could have torp reload and smoke like when shira first came out, and shigure could have better AA and reload since she made it to near the end of the war and received a refit.

[SALVO]
Members
17,156 posts
17,832 battles

Looking at the Shiratsuyu class DDs, it appears that the Shigure has a more illustrious history than the Yudachi.  As for turning a premium Shiratsuyu into a gunboat, unless it was done as part of a collaboration, there doesn't seem to be anything historical about any Shiratsuyu class DD being refitted into a gunboat DD.

[13TH]
[13TH]
Members
8 posts
4,402 battles
1 hour ago, Shigure_DD said:

This hear is why I say Yuudachi and shigure should both be added. Poi could have torp reload and smoke like when shira first came out, and shigure could have better AA and reload since she made it to near the end of the war and received a refit.

Aha, now you sir speak my language! There have been multiple premiums of a same class before with little or no noticable differences, and to me to do that for Tachibana/Tachibana Lima, Graf Spee/HSF Graf Spee, but not Yuudachi, the originator of Poi, makes me confused and worried.  There is no reason to not add both Yuudachi and lucky Shigure, maybe with different gimmicks or something of that nature, or simply with a different camo. I know I'd be super happy and pleased to own them both!

[CUTE]
Members
6 posts
7,544 battles

Why not have the destroyers of the gunboat line have the 127mm turrets replaced with the 100mm ones? Obviously lower tiers would have them a bit nerfed, but it would make the progression to the Akizuki more organic.