Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jolly_Rodgered

The Ultimate Frontier.....of death (pt II)

15 comments in this topic

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
300 posts
9,842 battles

When they first nerfed this scenario and gave the bots laser turrets, homing torpedoes, adamantium infused hulls, and fire suppression systems, I thought, yeah, we can still get this done. Then three battles in a row of getting to the end, or close to the end, and either getting blapped or overwhelmed by sheer numbers and now I'm done. This scenario isn't fun. 

shot-18_07.24_11_49.02-0586.thumb.jpg.7fa9ab934e744c7aa5705a677eaaf95b.jpg

I have no problem with it being difficult, I like difficult. This mission has now gotten ridiculous. In the above battle we were winning at the end, had the forts still, and then a bot task force of two DDs, three CAs, and a BB appeared as a group. They started focus firing, not the team, but the base and it was gone in thirty seconds. For my fellow Star Trek fans this is the Kobayshi Maru test on steroids. 

You win WG because clearly you don't want us to play this scenario any more. Maybe trying to force people into randoms or clan battles is the intent, who knows. Regardless, I'll be waiting for the next scenario. 

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,307 battles

Yes our clan reached the same conclusion and gave up....there is no way to complete it.

• Cool 1

[SFROG]
Members
7 posts
2,570 battles

I managed to 5 stars it in randoms. You have to have fast BBs, like Scharnhorst and Gneisenau to go and brawl the group of ships that appear. Once you get close, the bots seem to switch away from the base and start firing on you. That's the only tip that I have, other than hope that you have at least one Shchors or Helena that can aim. Good Luck if you intend to play this one more time.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,722 battles

It is possible to win, and 5 star it. My operations division has been able to consistently at least 4 star the operation, if not 5 star it multiple times in a row. We are a group that has slowly added members over time and we are open to more people all the time if any are interested in playing with us. Just a couple nights ago, we helped someone get 5 stars in all the operations they needed still. Just send me a message if interested.

• Bad 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,694 battles

I 5-starred it in randoms three times in a row yesterday, not to mention a smattering of 4-,3-, and 2-stars. It's not a difficult operation for average players, and the pace of enemy ships is reasonable, but the wiggle room for crappy players is much lower than other operations.

It requires players to actually play the objectives. Those 30% WR players who are inebriated (rare), truly stupid (rarer), or unwilling to learn (ahh there's the ticket), WILL ruin the match time and again simply because they want to explore the pretty map and see the sights of the local coastlines.

I'll division up to play the op with anyone if you catch me online.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles

I make mega credits in Operations, this week I gave it 4 tries and then quit playing the game pretty much entirely for the week. I have 12 ships to grind in randoms but they are all tier 8 and 9 and don't make many credits, which I desperately need. I am just waiting for an Operation that makes consistent earnings. I hope Narai is changed from what it was in the Public Test or I will not be playing for another week or two. Make Ops better WG.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,722 battles
27 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

I 5-starred it in randoms three times in a row yesterday, not to mention a smattering of 4-,3-, and 2-stars. It's not a difficult operation for average players, and the pace of enemy ships is reasonable, but the wiggle room for crappy players is much lower than other operations.

It requires players to actually play the objectives. Those 30% WR players who are inebriated (rare), truly stupid (rarer), or unwilling to learn (ahh there's the ticket), WILL ruin the match time and again simply because they want to explore the pretty map and see the sights of the local coastlines.

I'll division up to play the op with anyone if you catch me online.

Do you have discord? We use it for voice comms when we play.

13 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I make mega credits in Operations, this week I gave it 4 tries and then quit playing the game pretty much entirely for the week. I have 12 ships to grind in randoms but they are all tier 8 and 9 and don't make many credits, which I desperately need. I am just waiting for an Operation that makes consistent earnings. I hope Narai is changed from what it was in the Public Test or I will not be playing for another week or two. Make Ops better WG.

Are the tier 8s you are grinding playable in Cherry Blossom? We swap to that ourselves pretty often.

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles
1 minute ago, Lightninger said:

Are the tier 8s you are grinding playable in Cherry Blossom? We swap to that ourselves pretty often.

I ground all that I could in Cherry Blossom, at which time I just Kutuzov'ed it the rest of the time. I must have cleared 150,000,000 credits those two weeks. If you ever see me online I am always ready to div up for some operations if you need a some players. I am grinding DDs a couple Cruisers and a bunch of BBs, half of which don't even have upgrades yet. I am saving Free XP for Kronshtadt.

[APOC]
Members
637 posts
11,722 battles
4 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I ground all that I could in Cherry Blossom, at which time I just Kutuzov'ed it the rest of the time. I must have cleared 150,000,000 credits those two weeks. If you ever see me online I am always ready to div up for some operations if you need a some players. I am grinding DDs a couple Cruisers and a bunch of BBs, half of which don't even have upgrades yet. I am saving Free XP for Kronshtadt.

Heh, I mentioned to my operations division members that the reason I think DDs aren't allowed in Cherry Blossom is because they have the potential to be overpowered in it, especially the Kiev. Just imagine speed flag + speed boosting to the Myoko and torpedo nuking it while devastating the DDs along the way. Would be hilarious. You can also then smoke up near the airfields and farm the Zaos for damage, not that you can't already do that with a Kutuzov if you know what you're doing.

I'll add you to my contacts for operations and message you if I see you on.

Edited by Lightninger

[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,307 battles
1 hour ago, Minecraft11100 said:

I managed to 5 stars it in randoms. You have to have fast BBs, like Scharnhorst and Gneisenau to go and brawl the group of ships that appear. Once you get close, the bots seem to switch away from the base and start firing on you. That's the only tip that I have, other than hope that you have at least one Shchors or Helena that can aim. Good Luck if you intend to play this one more time.

Hey thks for the tips...I did pick up the Scharn when on sale recently have not tried with that...also will have to go engage the ships farther away from the batteries and give it a whirl...thks for the tips.

[SF-A]
Members
2,893 posts
5,694 battles
21 hours ago, Lightninger said:

Do you have discord? We use it for voice comms when we play.

Unfortunately no. Our clan has been using teamspeak for a while, so I have that.

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,072 battles

I've 5 starred this Op, but not since they ultra-buffed the bots.  I did make the mistake yesterday of going into this Op with a division mate.  I'll not make that one again.  I despise this Op.  Seems like the same bots were in the version of Narai on the PTS.  If they don't change that, it will be one more Op I won't play.  

[ONAVY]
Members
772 posts
6,307 battles
21 hours ago, C_D said:

Hey thks for the tips...I did pick up the Scharn when on sale recently have not tried with that...also will have to go engage the ships farther away from the batteries and give it a whirl...thks for the tips.

Played it last night once in the Scharn...good advice. I went and engaged farther S and killed the CV and we 3 stared it so I know it is possible, engaging them farther S. is the key to saving the 4 shore batteries I'm sure.

Members
18,235 posts
5,209 battles
22 hours ago, C_D said:

I dunno what the secondaries are like on Scharn, but Gneis specced for secondaries works well.

Beta Testers
397 posts
3,655 battles

This past week the best I managed to do was to 4 star it in my Colorado, but that was due to RNG out the house to pick-up the RNGKids from the RNGPool, so my shots were actually able to connect, fire chance was low and the enemy ships missed a suprising number of shots.

Most time though,  if we completed it, it would be 2 stars, maybe 3 stars as the random teams weren't able to cover all the bases.

Sign in to follow this