You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ClassicLib

Changes to Containers in 0.7.7

31 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
655 posts
7,602 battles

The Consumable containers will no longer include vacant reserve slots and special upgrades.  Just more coal and consumables. 

Fine by me and it looks like WG is listening.  I don't need anymore captain reserve slots and the ability to use coal to choose the upgrade I want is better than a fair trade.

Edited by ClassicLib
  • Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
6,364 posts
4,293 battles
1 minute ago, ClassicLib said:

I don't need any more captain reserve slots and the ability to use coal to choose the upgrade I want is better than a fair trade trying to deal with TYL and RNGesus.

Fixed that for you. :Smile_teethhappy:

I don't mind having room for more captains, but I certainly would much rather have other things.

Members
714 posts

it was a bad move to remove captain reserve slots, just because you and some others have plenty doesn't equate to everyone having plenty.

• Cool 3

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,546 battles
16 minutes ago, b101uk said:

it was a bad move to remove captain reserve slots, just because you and some others have plenty doesn't equate to everyone having plenty.

I can't say I have ever conversed with someone who needed extra captain reserve spots. Personally, I have over 125 extra reserve spots. I would love to be able to sell them.

Question: why would you want them? Do you have ships with multiple captains that you swap out? Personally, I have more ships than captains as is. I have tier ships I moved the captain to the next ship up the tech tree, and don't assign permanent captains to premium ships.

• Cool 4

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,546 battles
26 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

The Consumable containers will no longer include vacant reserve slots and special upgrades.  Just more coal and consumables. 

Fine by me and it looks like WG is listening.  I don't need anymore captain reserve slots and the ability to use coal to choose the upgrade I want is better than a fair trade.

Also, Special Upgrades will longer drop in Super Containers!

[ARGSY]
Members
6,364 posts
4,293 battles
3 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

Question: why would you want them? Do you have ships with multiple captains that you swap out?

Some do, and as soon as I get my first 19 pointer, I probably will. In fact, until recently I did, with the Cleveland - I had a captain with Superintendent and Concealment expert that I built to be able to use radar optimally, but IFHE was the better bet for those Tier IX/X games and so I moved him to the New Orleans with the ongoing option to play him in Indianapolis. SI is probably wasted in NO, but he's going up to the Baltimore eventually and there it will be of greater benefit.

[RKLES]
Members
7,229 posts
9,022 battles
18 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

Also, Special Upgrades will longer drop in Super Containers!

Wish some Doubloons or a Scharnhorst would drop in a SC. I hear rumors of people getting such things out of SC, but I never do. Just opened another couple SC from Halsey and still nothing. Only have 2 more SC in Halsey Zi can earn and then likely no more SC for me until the next Campaign like that. :Smile_sad:

I just usually get regular types of Signal flags from those, which are useable, but Ai get those kind of signal flags every day from the more flags and camo crates.

Members
714 posts
15 minutes ago, DustRhino said:

I can't say I have ever conversed with someone who needed extra captain reserve spots. Personally, I have over 125 extra reserve spots. I would love to be able to sell them.

Question: why would you want them? Do you have ships with multiple captains that you swap out? Personally, I have more ships than captains as is. I have tier ships I moved the captain to the next ship up the tech tree, and don't assign permanent captains to premium ships.

because some ships have multiple commanders, I also have a many ten point commanders, from the many premium ships I have, and I don't have enough commander reserve spots to empty half of the 10pt commanders out of premium ship, so I am having to use premium ships as commander storage spots for commanders with totally unassigned 10pt.

and by removing extra captain reserve spots that only guarantees I will have to buy them instead every time there is a discount ran on them.

it would be different if they said they were putting commander reserve spots in the arsenal, but they haven't, ergo its bad to remove them from daily container possibility.

just because you "have over 125 extra reserve spots" is it fair to remove them from daily container possibility for people who come after, me thinks not, as your only looking at it from the luxury of your point of view of having enough extra reserve spots.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,687 posts
9,098 battles

I don't think complete removal was the right move. Instead they should have been treated similar to ships in super containers are where if you have more than say 10 already that the system rerolls to get you something else or simply give the player credits for them. They should put them in the arsenal even if at a fairly high coal price.

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,413 posts
12,059 battles
1 hour ago, b101uk said:

I would much rather that they have port slots which they don't seem to give out any more.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
655 posts
7,602 battles
11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I would much rather that they have port slots which they don't seem to give out any more.

Captain slots came in signals containers

Port slots came (rarely) in consumable containers

13 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I don't think complete removal was the right move. Instead they should have been treated similar to ships in super containers are where if you have more than say 10 already that the system rerolls to get you something else or simply give the player credits for them. They should put them in the arsenal even if at a fairly high coal price.

This would work for me.  Especially if they're including port slots.  They used to have discounted port slots for sale in the Premium store (for real money) and that's where I would buy them.  Now they only have them as doubloon discounts in game.

[INTEL]
Members
655 posts
7,602 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Fixed that for you. :Smile_teethhappy:

I don't mind having room for more captains, but I certainly would much rather have other things.

Giving us the ability to choose out of the Arsenal is better than getting random things I may or may not need.  For me, that's a fair trade-off in that I can choose to use a currency that is somewhat 'free' versus paying real money in the store.  I use free in the sense that I don't have to use real world currency.  My time to grind out the coal, is to me, is an extra benefit out of the time doing something that I'm going to be doing anyway.  I understand if others see that differently and therefore the reward is less.  Using real word currency means that I'm working outside of the game to provide for benefits in the game.

[PSP]
Members
6,328 posts
8,952 battles

They might had reserve slots buy-able in the Arsenal now. However, over the years I've picked up plenty of reserve slots. I have 83 vacant, the vast majority of which I'll never use.

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,523 battles

I need port slots. What's the best container choice to roll one? 

[INTEL]
Members
655 posts
7,602 battles
6 minutes ago, Megrim3 said:

I need port slots. What's the best container choice to roll one? 

Looking at old posts it appears that they come out of More Credits containers.  Not the More Consumables as I stated above.

I always choose the Signals container as I do not need credits and I can use the excess credits I have to pay for consumables in-game as needed.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,286 posts
25,391 battles

I've gotten ports slots from More Credits container and Try Your Luck Container.  If you want port slots, then More Credits container is the one you want to choose.

I think removing reserve slots from all containers is a bad move unless the reserve slots will be available in Arsenal.  WG should have kept reserve slots in at least one container type.

• Cool 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,123 posts
4,270 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Wish some Doubloons or a Scharnhorst would drop in a SC. I hear rumors of people getting such things out of SC, but I never do. Just opened another couple SC from Halsey and still nothing. Only have 2 more SC in Halsey Zi can earn and then likely no more SC for me until the next Campaign like that. :Smile_sad:

I just usually get regular types of Signal flags from those, which are useable, but Ai get those kind of signal flags every day from the more flags and camo crates.

i gotten 1000 doubloons out of one like a few weeks ago. It still exist

Members
1,826 posts
823 battles
26 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

I've gotten ports slots from More Credits container and Try Your Luck Container.  If you want port slots, then More Credits container is the one you want to choose.

I think removing reserve slots from all containers is a bad move unless the reserve slots will be available in Arsenal.  WG should have kept reserve slots in at least one container type.

Thank you for this information (on port slots).

Members
395 posts
6,327 battles
2 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

I need port slots and captain reserve, annoying to pay for them =(

[INTEL]
Members
655 posts
7,602 battles
1 hour ago, Patton5150 said:

Thing is, choosing More Credits in hope of getting the rare port slots was a real waste if you have plenty of Credits to begin with.  And choosing the signals option occasionally gets you captain reserve slots even if you have dozens of unused slots already.  I never choose TYL because I'm not lucky.  But more so because I end up getting things I already have there as well.  Getting them a different way where you get to choose (Arsenal) would be better IMHO.

Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles

I'm surprised there are so players many so concern about port and captain slots.  Neither has ever been a problem I've encountered since the beginning.  I wish I could sell off my accumulated surpluses for credits. 

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,546 battles
1 minute ago, lemekillmister said:

I'm surprised there are so players many so concern about port and captain slots.  Neither has ever been a problem I've encountered since the beginning.  I wish I could sell off my accumulated surpluses for credits. 

I don't like selling ships, so I have needed port slots. Wargaming has been considerate enough to allow us to win them through missions, so I haven't had to buy any since last year. I still have over 100 ships, so it can be an issue. I am slowly selling my low tier ships I never play when I need some. Captain slots, as stated above, I have over 125. I have maybe thirty extra captains, but many are 3 point or lower that came with ships.

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

It would be neat if there were a low probability of finding a very small amount of doubloons. Like 10. That would be very appealing to some people.

Members
550 posts
2,977 battles

Gotten a bunch of captain slots from all types of containers. Not sure how many you get to start with but im up to 60 slots now and I've never bought any fwiw. Never got any port slots out of containers that I can recall.

Edited by ksix