You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Patch 0.7.7 reactions

56 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,016 posts
8,240 battles

The Go Navy! event interests me. Now I got a reason to play daily, those containers interest me...though whatever is WG thinking w/ letting you pick a team each day?

More coupons for the Arsenal is interesting. I'm impressed WG is bringing a container option for potentially extra coal.

Izumo receives her buffs. Alsace receives nerfs since her citadel gets to remain near-impossible to hit.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[S0L0]
Members
225 posts
5,422 battles

I'm sure that some people will love to exclusion of super mods. from super-containers.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,274 posts
4,243 battles
8 minutes ago, 10thDF said:

RN DDS.  YAY!

Where'd it say that? Timestamp, please.

They're not even in open supertester hands yet; all we've seen is port shots. Usually we need at least another cycle before they're in the game.

Obviously I'd be very pleased to be proved wrong, but I don't think we'll be seeing them till at least 0.7.8.

[INTEL]
Members
8,579 posts
25,677 battles

Yay! No more super modules in SCs

Yay! Myogi FINALLY getting a buff after all the suffering she has imposed on players

Yay! Sharks vs Eagles + loot. I really enjoy events like this.

Yay! Emerald getting a buff

Yay! Izumo getting buffed. Only took three years....

Yay! Ashitaka getting an upgrade, so not a complete turd anymore. 

Boo! Nerfing Alsace. Sad.
Boo! Nerfing Bertin. Sad.

Still no... way to turn off emblems. 

• Cool 4

[INTEL]
Members
8,579 posts
25,677 battles
15 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Where'd it say that? Timestamp, please.

They're not even in open supertester hands yet; all we've seen is port shots. Usually we need at least another cycle before they're in the game.

Obviously I'd be very pleased to be proved wrong, but I don't think we'll be seeing them till at least 0.7.8.

He means they go to the STs with this patch. Yay! for that. 

[FLWR]
Members
87 posts
3,018 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

Yes, this.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,274 posts
4,243 battles
8 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

2 minutes ago, 10thDF said:

Yes, this.

Missed that. Got distracted by RL events. But yeah, if all is as well as it can be (let's not get into no-speed-boost arguments in this thread), we'll see them sooner rather than later. That will be late August and I'm going on holiday for two weeks in early December, so just enough time if the time is right to grab Medea and have a play with her.

I'm looking forward to the coal containers. I see an Aigle in my future, and after that, some collection crates (though if Dunkerque goes on sale in this current frenzy, that might change things). As for Sharks vs. Eagles, I'll toss a coin and then ignore it, play as normal, and get whatever rewards come my way. PTS rewards and the player base there are so disproportionate as to be unrepresentative, IMO; it's great to have a look at the upcoming features and see how the interface works, and to try ships and captain builds without breaking one's bank, but it doesn't really give a good idea of how things are going to play out on the main server (particularly in regard to playing Tier X on an ongoing basis). 

[KRAK]
Members
1,230 posts
13,634 battles
20 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Very curious why this is even necessary?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[HINON]
Supertester
19,204 posts
12,732 battles
2 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Very curious why this is even necessary?

Because they're annoying.

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,963 battles
17 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yay! No more super modules in SCs

Yay! Myogi FINALLY getting a buff after all the suffering she has imposed on players

Yay! Sharks vs Eagles + loot. I really enjoy events like this.

Yay! Emerald getting a buff

Yay! Izumo getting buffed. Only took three years....

Yay! Ashitaka getting an upgrade, so not a complete turd anymore. 

Boo! Nerfing Alsace. Sad.
Boo! Nerfing Bertin. Sad.

You forgot the Yamato...the buff enables you to get the legendary module back to 2.5 degrees/sec at 25 sec reload. 

[CIAO]
[CIAO]
Members
379 posts
18,302 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Because they're annoying.

I couldn't agree more. They are annoying. 

• Cool 2

[VFW]
Beta Testers
50 posts
2,413 battles

He hates cats?

Also, I have nine kids and the emblems do not bother me at all. I am unsure if that means anything though.

• Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
1,836 posts
12,880 battles

IJN DDs get the Nerf bat again. yeah they increase one area while nerfing her strong point. I hate that. The Emile got the nerf bat even worse then the AKI. Who came up on top in this patch

• BBs hands down
  • Soviet DDs hands down

the AKI gets nerfed in

• Detectability range by sea was increased from 7.56 to 7.76 km;
  • Detectability range after firing main guns in smoke was increased from 2.39 to 2.48 km;
  • Rudder shift time for Hull (B) was increased from 4.8 to 5.8 sec;
  • Rudder shift time for Hull (A) was increased from 6.5 to 7.8 sec.

I feel sorry for the Emile I might as well enjoy her until her nerfed stage takes into affect.

Soviet Cruiser chapy getting radar.

So, BBs get the better end of this deal for which I don't agree with. Cruisers (other then Soviet, british) are getting the nerf bat as well. O well I don;t agree with the BB and soviet bias against the IJN. IF you ask me the Cruisers are getting weaker (again not the soviets) while the BB class gets stronger.... Yeah Looking forward to how that will end. GL and HF

• Bad 1

[VFW]
Beta Testers
50 posts
2,413 battles

I am more than a tad, I'm a devout Roman Catholic! 

BTW, they are all boys. Fun fact. 

Kinda on topic: Don't BBs have the lowest impact on the game than any other class? I've heard many CCs and overall very good players state this opinion. If so, then buffing them is bad how? Skill floor/ceiling related or just people trying to look out for their favorite class/s?  

• Cool 2

[KRAK]
Members
1,230 posts
13,634 battles
1 minute ago, Vettish said:

I am more than a tad, I'm a devout Roman Catholic! 

BTW, they are all boys. Fun fact. 

I have 4, 2 of each and I envy you. Boys are way easier.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,401 battles
54 minutes ago, JB_24 said:

I'm sure that some people will love to exclusion of super mods. from super-containers.

The useful ones were so rare to drop that it doesn't really change much, at least in my experience.  So many spotter plane or smoke mods.  It took me over a year to get a radar mod SC.

Members
685 posts
5,970 battles

Frankly, just to be on record so the powers that be can get feedback,

-the general content new loot and content is always fine. Not really a big thing for me, but i'll welcome it if i get it.

-Nothing personal for me, but IJN DDs seem like they just cant get a break. I dont play DDs myself, but i have a friend that used to play DDs, IJN ones specifically and guess what, he left awhile already after the treatment they got.

-one thing that does get me, alsace nerf. I was very much looking forward to getting this ship, partly done grinding through Richelieu at present (enjoying this ship). Lets just say im not looking forward to slower firing, inaccurate BBs. I believe still if you really need to nerf her, one or the other is enough, but you had to give both...so ok, guess one less ship to play (and pay, since i always try to get prem camo for t8 and above) for.

-Prinz eitel friedrich, hope you guys make her good. of the many "design" or unfinished ships, this one i always wanted (mackensen class)

-keeping fingers crossed for those updated scenerios. hoping itll be good and frenshen up the play, worried itll require so much from random groups of people

Edited by cmdr_raccoon
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,807 posts
10,315 battles

'Incremental gains'.

The Sharks/Eagles is a bit of a nonsense but whatever I'll take it, it's not much new content.

Good:

• Balance tweaks are good, though if you could do them before I've ground the boat that'd be great? Finished Izumo this spring, finished Seattle already - a month to fix the range bug? Also the 2.0 v 2.05 sigma was pointed out on the Facebook dev blog before the line even went into ST yet still made it live...
  • Refreshing scenarios is good, I'll give those a couple of goes
  • No more modules is good, way better to get 15k coal to spend on the 17k module of your choice than have the risk of getting your 9th damage control special module
  • GOODBYE CAPTAIN RESERVE SLOTS IN CONTAINERS - good riddance to bad rubbish. Now to somehow get rid of my 133/150 empty slots...
  • Fiddling around with low-tier balance, not that important but good, a bit more balance might help with early player retention
  • Emerald got buffed... but way too late and probably irredeemable
  • RN DD in ST! Hopefully time to change course on that line concept and also make some of them look worth playing (esp Icarus, Jervis, Lightning, Jutland)

Bad:

• The 32mm HE pen on Akizuki and her ilk, I'm not sold on it and it doesn't seem to have been extensively tested or tested in-game? WG just gave a ship that throws 269,000 HE DPM the ability to pen 32mm plates which it didn't before
  • RU DD weren't necessarily in a good place but 6-9.7'/s really is a huge improvement, those DD will now beat others at range as before, and up close far more easily, I'm not a fan of that huge buff of 61% traverse.
  • Tashkent - not in a good place. Doubling the rate of traverse though? Plus the improved ballistics of the Khabarovsk cannon. I question why this ship was uptiered to T9 if it now needs a fantasy gun outfit to compete there?
  • Cool 1

[NPG]
Members
65 posts
2,000 battles

Intrested in the team battles but not really happy about some of the other changes. Only up to tier 6 in the Japanese DD lines but really thinking about abandoning those. The gun boat side can't gun boat and the the way the torpedoes are modeled for Japan just makes it feel like they took away the one strong suit of Japan. I feel like that leaves me with spotting and capping uncontested caps and you earn squat for spotting. 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Soviet Cruiser chapy getting radar.

She already has radar. She’s just getting it on the stock hull now. So won’t really make any difference and is not really much of a change/buff.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,401 battles
Just now, cmdr_raccoon said:

one thing that does get me, alsace nerf. I was very much looking forward to getting this ship, partly done grinding through Richelieu at present (enjoying this ship). Lets just say im not looking forward to slower firing, inaccurate BBs. I believe still if you really need to nerf her, one or the other is enough, but you had to give both...so ok, guess one less ship to play (and pay, since i always try to get prem camo for t8 and above) for.

A lot of people have pushed back about this, but honestly the Alsace had a little too much going for it.  I think it might have been a bit heavy-handed to nerf the sigma *and* reload instead of doing one, re-evaluating and then potentially doing the other if it was still over-performing.  In my short grind through it, I averaged 115k, which would be solid even for a T10 battleship.  I am a decent BB player, but I am not quite that good.

• Cool 1

[VFW]
Beta Testers
50 posts
2,413 battles

Shakespeare, was he in the Navy?

I am going team Eagle. I have a thing for Dasha and I love Eagles.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,204 posts
12,732 battles
6 minutes ago, Vettish said:

Shakespeare, was he in the Navy?

William Shakespear? No, he wasn't in the navy I think. Also, he's dead now. More like Wouldiwas Shookspeared.

• Bad 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles
14 minutes ago, mofton said:

'

• Tashkent - not in a good place. Doubling the rate of traverse though? Plus the improved ballistics of the Khabarovsk cannon. I question why this ship was uptiered to T9 if it now needs a fantasy gun outfit to compete there?

I'm looking at this through a bit of a different lens, I think.  How good is Tashkent going to be if it now has Khaba ballistics, and as you say maybe Khaba turret traverse (a real issue with Tashkent unless you spend the points on EM), while still keeping the 15-something km range that Khaba lost some time ago?  As with Fletcher/Gearing (at least pre-Gearing torp option addition), is there a non-ludicrous case to be made here that in some hands and circumstances the tier IX is going to be better?