You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Fun and engaging, Redux.

9 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
6,388 posts
4,293 battles

Thank you to the battleship captain who detonated me in my Edinburgh last night. It came just at the right time - at the very end of the match, when we were about to lose anyway and it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Plus the salvo would probably have wrecked me even if the big D hadn't happened, so that was all good too.

I am pleased with the acquisition of ten Juliet Charlie flags, as I was running out of those.

While it was good to have plenty of backup in capping A and B (perhaps too much so in A; we were never contested), I note that there is still a subset of the northwest spawning team in Neighbours that persists in going up north of C to waste its time, get cornered and die. I wish people wouldn't do that; the number and proportion of times I've spawned northwest and been on the losing team is starting to get depressing.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,687 posts
9,098 battles

This is frustrating, your post deserves both a thumbs up and a laugh, I gave you the thumbs up. So many of the detonations that I have caused or received were just like that, I was going to be dead with or without the detonation.

[PSP]
Members
6,328 posts
8,952 battles

I'm going to play a hundred battles in my Gearing with no anti-det flags and see how many times I'm actually detonated. I'll get back to you with the data next week.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,388 posts
4,293 battles
50 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm going to play a hundred battles in my Gearing with no anti-det flags and see how many times I'm actually detonated. I'll get back to you with the data next week.

I'm not sure what would be the more meaningful figure, detonations per hundred games or detonations as a percentage of all deaths.

[PSP]
Members
6,328 posts
8,952 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'm not sure what would be the more meaningful figure, detonations per hundred games or detonations as a percentage of all deaths.

Well, as I tend to run through most games on partial health anyway (and therefore being susceptible to detonation by any shell), I'd say the former. However, I'll collect data on both.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,388 posts
4,293 battles

Another "fun and engaging" event last night, this time in my battleship. I think I was dead anyway, but I made the mistake of turning across the salvo thinking I could swing around it in time. Oops.

Once more, the sheer damage would have killed me if the detonation hadn't, so... thanks for the flags, enemy! :Smile_honoring:

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
On 24/07/2018 at 4:36 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The number gets heavily influenced. If you run the Magazine Mod or a JC flag that screws up the %. I have a low det % even though I main DD, but that's because I do what I can when it's important to mitigate those Detonations. 

Just putting # of Battles against the # of Detonations is not a true picture of the frequency of the mechanic.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,388 posts
4,293 battles
16 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

The number gets heavily influenced. If you run the Magazine Mod or a JC flag that screws up the %. I have a low det % even though I main DD, but that's because I do what I can when it's important to mitigate those Detonations. 

Just putting # of Battles against the # of Detonations is not a true picture of the frequency of the mechanic.

True overall, I agree, but @Snargfargle and I were discussing a specific experiment he was planning, with no anti-detonation measures in place as a deliberate measure.

[PSP]
Members
6,328 posts
8,952 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

True overall, I agree, but @Snargfargle and I were discussing a specific experiment he was planning, with no anti-detonation measures in place as a deliberate measure.

Thus far, it's 35 deaths, 2 by detonation. That is, with neither signal nor module, I'm currently getting detonated in 5% of the times I am killed. Only once would I have survived anyway, when I had another DD almost dead and he detonated me before I could finish him off

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1