Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
conkeror

Tier 8 MM

22 comments in this topic

[-TI-]
Members
1 post
4,493 battles

Ok the joke has went on long enough. How about we unshaft tier 8 MM already?

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SIDE]
Members
730 posts
3,274 battles

My advice is to not play Tier 8. it's the worst tier in the game. Stick to 7 and below.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DENY]
Members
344 posts
4,732 battles

Or grow a pair and show who the boss to these bad t10 !

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[O_O]
Members
4,416 posts
9,569 battles

My experience over the past several months with tiers 5-8, and how often I am bottom tier:

• Tier 5 - 173 games played, 116 bottom tier.  67%. (* Note - 35 of those bottom tier games had 0 tier 7's.  30% of my bottom tier games were -1 tier, not -2.  Tier 5 MM is unique in this regard)
  • Tier 6 - 439 games played, 137 bottom tier.  31%
  • Tier 7 - 374 games played, 79 bottom tier.  21%
  • Tier 8 - 405 games played, 152 bottom tier.  38%

In my experience, tier 8 doesn't get the shaft like many of you think it does.  Perhaps I am living a charmed game...?

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

Members
109 posts
2,422 battles

There is nothing wrong with T8 matchmaking, aside from the fact that people only remember the bad experiences of being low tier, and casually forget the 40% of matches they play as top tier and all the clubbing of Tier 6s that they do.

A recent experiment on the forum here by Lert showed around a 40/20/40 breakdown of low/mid/high tier games for T8 and that is totally fine.

[STW]
Members
291 posts
6,476 battles

If it was 3 or 4 T10's with much of T9's/8 fine,however you get put in the ridiculous full on 98% T10 MM where you and some other sad sod are the only T8. And don't say get good to me because I am good and this lame MM has forced me to stop playing my favourite T8 ships.

T6 gameplay =  would put a coma patient in a longer coma.

T7 = Premium wars...

T9= o right meh...

T10= Mongoloid Central

Edited by Robinhood_

[NOBS]
Members
543 posts
5,890 battles

I have 1 suggestion, stop putting T8's,  in matches with T10 CV's

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,418 battles

I used to get pretty salty about being bottom tier in a T10 match & have since come to embrace it. I EXPECT to be bottom tier when playing one of my T8s so on the odd occasion when I am actually top tier its a pleasant surprise. 

You just have to change your tactics. If in a BB realize you dont rule the world anymore & play allot more conservatively. In a CA stay stealthy & for both wait to mid to late game to "get yours". 

EDIT: Oh & if in a DD... Yeah... Well... Good luck! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by MizzenMast

Members
1,808 posts
802 battles

Tier 8 MM exists to "encourage" you to keep grinding up to 10.  There are some very good (and famous) ships at tier 8.  There would be an incentive to stop there and play your favorite ship if there was only +/- 1. 

[BNKR]
Members
710 posts
713 battles

Being bottom tier in this game is more of a psychological issue than a ship performance issue. A Yamato showing broadside to my Alabama is in for just as much of a paddlin' as a New Mexico doing the same. The biggest issue is the hit point disparity, making you work harder to sink them.

[4HIM]
Members
1,806 posts
4,086 battles
26 minutes ago, Robinhood_ said:

If it was 3 or 4 T10's with much of T9's/8 fine,however you get put in the ridiculous full on 98% T10 MM where you and some other sad sod are the only T8.

Yep. Last game I played in T8 it was me and one other player both in Beavers, one T9, the rest T10's.  Both of us T8's were wiped out pretty early.  

[CUTER]
[CUTER]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,619 posts
8,892 battles

I have to keep saying just be happy you didn’t play in CBT with the 3+- MM and things like uneven teams 2 cvs jets, one team could have a cv and the other no cv mm. Just think tier 7 vs tier 10.

ps who can forget fail divs umikazes running around in t10 games stealth torping yammys thngs.

Members
18,247 posts
5,219 battles
3 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

My experience over the past several months with tiers 5-8, and how often I am bottom tier:

• Tier 5 - 173 games played, 116 bottom tier.  67%. (* Note - 35 of those bottom tier games had 0 tier 7's.  30% of my bottom tier games were -1 tier, not -2.  Tier 5 MM is unique in this regard)
  • Tier 6 - 439 games played, 137 bottom tier.  31%
  • Tier 7 - 374 games played, 79 bottom tier.  21%
  • Tier 8 - 405 games played, 152 bottom tier.  38%

In my experience, tier 8 doesn't get the shaft like many of you think it does.  Perhaps I am living a charmed game...?

I think part of it is, when you are bottom tier in a T10 match, there's often not many other T8s.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
730 posts
3,274 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

I think part of it is, when you are bottom tier in a T10 match, there's often not many other T8s.

That this guy said. When you are bottom tier, The MM normally just assigns what ever is left to the game. Nothing being the only T8 ship vs mostly T10 ships.

Also the MM is wonky as hell, Had a game two days ago where it put 4 T8 ship on one side, and only 1 T8 ship on another. =/

[O_O]
Members
4,416 posts
9,569 battles
47 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

In those 152 games at tier 8 when I was bottom tier, I averaged 4.6 tier 10's per game.  I have to go to work so I don't have time to average how many tier 9's per game.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,633 posts
13,609 battles
10 hours ago, conkeror said:

Ok the joke has went on long enough. How about we unshaft tier 8 MM already?

Yes we all complained many times it does stink another thing that WG cares nothing about

Members
2,125 posts
10 hours ago, Merlox said:

My advice is to not play Tier 8. it's the worst tier in the game. Stick to 7 and below.

I torture myself and keep playing it... 42% of my games played (7850) are T8. 

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
250 posts
8,297 battles

I hardly ever feel at a severe disadvantage playing T8 in a T10 match unless I'm playing specifically bad ships (t8 deep water ching cheng chang)

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,846 posts
13,064 battles
3 hours ago, Roadster311 said:

I really don't feel I have a problem wit T8

^^^this^^^

I run a lot of T8 ships and have a wonderful time.  In fact, I believe I do much better (relatively speaking) in my T8 in a T10 match than I perform in my T10 in a T10 match.

In fact, this might be the key to some of my winning success.  I still suck a lot at T10, but perform well at T8.  So when I take my T10 to a T10 match, I'm not up to par with the other T10 players.  However, when I take a T8 into a T10 match, I am up to par with my opposite T8 player.  Hence, if the T9 and T10 players cancel each other out, the difference in a close game falls on me.  It's ironic, but if I was a T10 in that match, we would have lost because the top tier delta would go to the other team.  But because I'm running my T8...we win.

I have a saying.  If one can't carry one's weight driving a T8 among T10s, then one is probably not carrying one's weight when driving a T10.    

Sign in to follow this