You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

I AM THE COMMANDER Contestants

37 comments in this topic

Members
1,149 posts
3,141 battles

No Yuro either, although he doesn't really have an identity...

I guess if Chase won he would have a penguin commander picture. 

[-AH-]
[-AH-]
Members
664 posts
3,394 battles
18 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Well it's out. 

https://youtu.be/irQkx7FIgpw

Kinda sad Notser or LHM wasn't included.

Notser decided not to participate. Guess LWM couldn't because she doesn't make videos.

[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,966 battles
Just now, Sir_Orrin said:

Notser decided not to participate. Guess LWM couldn't because she doesn't make videos.

Notser did say that he couldn't go to St. Petersburg twice in a row this year.

[SUCIT]
Members
825 posts
3,621 battles

Little disappointed my boy Mejash didn't make it.  

I'll be perfectly honest, I don't know 5 of the channels that made it to this stage.  

[PVE]
Members
5,620 posts
18,209 battles

As long as the captains do not have special skills and are dismissible, I don't care all that much. Of all the people in the running I prefer Jingles because he is funny/entertaining and has a good voice for this sort of thing. Besides he is a Navy man and as a sailor myself, I stick with my own. Course he is a lime sucker but at least he is a lime sucking sailor! 

[LOU1]
Members
3,039 posts
8,128 battles

Out of curiosity, why no special skills?  I am actually hoping for some.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,528 posts
4,416 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Jingles and Vulgarr :Smile_great:

I'll vote for Jingles. Sadly though afaik the way the scores are calculated are rigged in such a way that he's at a huge disadvantage.

• Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
5 minutes ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

I'll vote for Jingles. Sadly though afaik the way the scores are calculated are rigged in such a way that he's at a huge disadvantage.

Same, Jingles all the way!

As for the rules...I can see why WG went the way they did, to give those who only cover WoWS (which is still fairly niche) a chance, versus those who have gained a larger following through coverage of multiple games and game genres. That said, the rules do seem to unfairly rig the game against Jingles and other bigger YouTubers, perhaps unintentionally.

Then again, those with bigger channels are also in a better position to offset that by encouraging spam comments... :Smile_trollface:

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
315 posts
9,453 battles

Hans 4 life

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,072 battles
5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Jingles and Vulgarr :Smile_great:

Well, they both have the required Navy beard.

[PVE]
Members
5,620 posts
18,209 battles
24 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Well, they both have the required Navy beard.

Yes but Jingles has the hat.... 

[DRG_N]
Members
423 posts
582 battles

Really too bad that the scoring method has been rigged to pretty much kill any chance Jingles has of winning.  Still mining salt for the almighty Gnome Overlord.

Edited by Highlord

[WNSTN]
Members
0 posts
4,594 battles

Sorry, but Jingles has the personality of a wet noodle.

He rarely plays the game.

Not much of a community contributor all things considered.

His ship reviews are pretty lack luster. You want a good history lesson? Kenliero is better.

He freakin laughs at everything he says! "The torpedo's have an 8km range. HAHAHA." That is his brand. ::yawn::

Hate him or love him Flamu is far more knowledgeable and his ship reviews are top notch.

Mejash for Winston commander and the help and feedback he provides in his Twitch streams. He even divs with his viewers.

Both better choices by far.

Sorry, but Jingles just isn't compelling.

Good luck and fair seas.

• Bad 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,440 posts
2,405 battles

I would love a Gnome Overlord captain! 

However, in terms of WoWS CC, Jingles is not the best.  Others are more analytical, more entertaining, and are better players.  At this point, I'm not sure who to support, now that @Lord_Zath is out...

[4HIM]
Members
1,805 posts
4,072 battles
8 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yes but Jingles has the hat.... 

True.  But only a so-so beard.  Vulgarr has the 'epic Navy beard'.  

[BNKR]
Members
415 posts
2,485 battles
4 hours ago, Zapp_Branigan said:

His ship reviews are pretty lack luster. You want a good history lesson? Kenliero is better.

He freakin laughs at everything he says! "The torpedo's have an 8km range. HAHAHA." That is his brand. ::yawn::

Hate him or love him Flamu is far more knowledgeable and his ship reviews are top notch.

Mejash for Winston commander and the help and feedback he provides in his Twitch streams. He even divs with his viewers.

Good luck and fair seas.

While very true, Jingles has done more over the years to get WoWS noticed by folks than any other contributor. Hands down. (Also hoped Jash would make it, but his YT channel doesn't seem as strong as his streams, IMHO.)

That being typed, I'd be okay with whomever wins, though I'd prefer Hans (Flambass) or Flamu. (There are a couple I've never even heard of, tbh).

Edited by MajorEnglush

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,849 posts
10,635 battles
9 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

9 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Same, Jingles all the way!

As for the rules...I can see why WG went the way they did, to give those who only cover WoWS (which is still fairly niche) a chance, versus those who have gained a larger following through coverage of multiple games and game genres. That said, the rules do seem to unfairly rig the game against Jingles and other bigger YouTubers, perhaps unintentionally.

Then again, those with bigger channels are also in a better position to offset that by encouraging spam comments... :Smile_trollface:

Yeah they have "balanced" the competition the way they "balance" ships. While not everyone likes Jingles, and that is perfectly fine, he CLEARLY is the overwhelming majority fan favorite. Yet in a contest where the winner is supposed to be chosen by the fans they have rigged it so the unknown, little guy, has a better chance to win than the guys we actually want to. They "nerfed" the "OP" entrants. WG thinking at it's finest. :Smile_facepalm:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,849 posts
10,635 battles
5 hours ago, Zapp_Branigan said:

Good luck and fair seas.

I would say Jingles actually has one of the best personalities of any WOWS YouTube/Twitch/etc... celebrity. Far and away better. Not sure you used the right word there. 

Jingles used to play a lot but not as much now. Not sure though that really matters here. He at least reviews stuff and does replay commentary regularly so is active with WOWS content. Also, as another poster brought up, Jingles is probably the person who has brought the most attention to the game and the most people into it with his videos. He is the person I was sent to watch by tons of people when I started WOWS and his videos are what got me to finally try the game after a friend from a different forum got me to look at it. 

Jingles used to be a CC but no longer is.

Jingles reviews of ships lackluster? Really? The guy goes into great depth on his reviews and ship history??? You always learn something about the ship in game and IRL when he reviews a ship. I don't get this one?

Jingles laughs a lot but not at everything. His jovial nature is what makes his personality so appealing (and not a wet noodle). Give me someone who is light hearted, laughing, and enjoying themselves in the game vs someone who does NOTHING but cuss and talk about how bad the team is and without "ME" they would be lost.

Flamu does good videos BUT he is not more knowledgeable than Jingles. Maybe you mean a better player? If so yes but he is not more knowledgeable. He makes mistakes about ships, stats, ranges etc... like they all do. He also never talks about IRL stuff with ships I have ever seen. So how can he be more knowledgeable? Again, a better player yes but his knowledge is limited. He is also a 1st class jerk in his videos. An ego to match his skill and he does nothing but swear and insult other players. Flamu epitomizes what is wrong with the player base in WOWS and IMO should not be honored for it. A really good player who looks down on those less skilled than him. Yeah, I want more of that in WOWS and a special Capt who's voice overs are swears and insults. Sign me up. If we are going to have someone like Flamu be the Capt I would rather it be Flambass. As good or even a better player and while he swears a lot and does at times get on the team, he is much less acerbic and egotistical than Flamu and seems to play for sheer fun. If the Capt will be some super unicum with a potty mouth Flambass would be much better.

I don't know of/never heard of Mejash. Sounds like a good guy/girl.

In a contest that is supposed to be about the fan favorite I think it is clear that by far Jingles is who the people want. 

Good luck to you as well.

Jingles for the win. :Smile_great:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
415 posts
2,485 battles
5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

... He is also a 1st class jerk in his videos. An ego to match his skill and he does nothing but swear and insult other players. Flamu epitomizes what is wrong with the player base in WOWS and IMO should not be honored for it. 

While I don't mind Flamu, he's probably the only one in the competition that's been chat banned. And more than once.

:Smile_teethhappy: