You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

I wonder when they nerf the Sauce

43 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles

Nope, I'm not a BB player that gets regular burned down by one.

It's only about the stats.

wows numbers shows 51k matches with the Worcester recorded. Besides the Salem (which we can ignore because of the low battle count) she out matches any other T10 cruiser.

XDxXB8o.jpg

While the numbers will go down after the last potato hit the ship it's... disturbing.

My battle count is with 49 still to low I can easy add up 90k damage. Yes my average is 86k, but sometimes you have just bad luck. And everything below 90k-100k is dissapointing.

Most of the time I see a Sauce in a team, he ends up in the top 3. It seems that the impact of this ship is quite high.

Usually WG swings the nerf bat at overperforming ships.

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,705 battles

you do realize people that already have wooster at this stage are either really involved in this game(thus willing to spend $ to skip previous ships) or has a lot of resources to spare(from previous CW participation) or really experienced thus climb up super fast

those populations probably has skill level above server average

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,895 battles
2 minutes ago, SirMuttonChops said:

"Nerf the Sauce".

Love it. It's like WoWs version of "The Juice is Loose.".

Na, I'm not calling for it. I have far too much fun with her.

1 minute ago, jason199506 said:

you do realize people that already have wooster at this stage are either really involved in this game(thus willing to spend $ to skip previous ships) or has a lot of resources to spare(from previous CW participation) or really experienced thus climb up super fast

Sure, that's why I said the WR will go down after the ultimate potatos get her. Still: there are enough of them that whale their way to T10 by exchanging XP to freeXP.

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,577 battles
6 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

that is wuts said about every overperforming ship is that its just cause its' new and its only good players 'look at list and tell me that again...... notice the something called power creep??? as in the oldest ships are in worst position barring Minotour ???

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
27 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

wows numbers shows 51k matches with the Worcester recorded. Besides the Salem (which we can ignore because of the low battle count) she out matches any other T10 cruiser.

XDxXB8o.jpg

While the numbers will go down after the last potato hit the ship it's... disturbing.

My battle count is with 49 still to low I can easy add up 90k damage. Yes my average is 86k, but sometimes you have just bad luck. And everything below 90k-100k is dissapointing.

Most of the time I see a Sauce in a team, he ends up in the top 3. It seems that the impact of this ship is quite high.

Honestly does it need to be nerfed?  I mean its just an Atlanta on crack.  If you really look at it even the way it is now the Worcester can be easily dealt with by via 2 or 3 citadel hits.  Their armor from what I understand isn't that great either.  So in reality does it really need the nerf?  Probably not.

• Cool 1

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Well I do hope more potatoes gain access to the Helena and bring its stats down. I shudder when I think of the possibility that it may be nerfed. Come on potatoes, keep playing the Helena and bring those numbers down!

[OPG]
Supertester
1,899 posts
10,229 battles

They released it with its own built in nerf, called BB AP shells.   

When enemy BBs can aim the 'sauce' must hide behind an island.   If the enemy team then positions such that the island chosen is a non-factor to the flow of the battle, the 'sauce' gets to chose between living and sitting while watching their team lose, or coming out and vaporizing.

The only problem is the average IQ of the random teams seems to be too low to have picked this up yet, but as it dawns on them it will be like the minotaur smoke.  Torp it, sail away from it, and don't broadside it.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles

The Alsace is about to be adjusted, and it's, what, 4-5 months since release?  I think that's your timeline for USN CL changes apart from issues that are really obvious, like the mistaken range on Seattle at first appearance.

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,399 battles
24 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Honestly does it need to be nerfed?  I mean its just an Atlanta on crack.  If you really look at it even the way it is now the Worcester can be easily dealt with by via 2 or 3 citadel hits.  Their armor from what I understand isn't that great either.  So in reality does it really need the nerf?  Probably not.

Ive run into them a fair but in CB & they arent as easy to pen as you would think they should be. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,602 posts
9,000 battles

The numbers will drop some as time goes on but not by enough to remove it from the overpowered list.

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

The numbers will drop some as time goes on but not by enough to remove it from the overpowered list.

Do you think they will nerf Helena? That's the ship I am most concerned about.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,602 posts
9,000 battles
Just now, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

How come? :((

It is a standard tech tree ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
6,271 posts
4,224 battles

I predict the nerfbat around the beginning of 0.7.8... :Smile_hiding:

[ADR]
Members
4,314 posts
13,364 battles
1 minute ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

How come? :((

It out performs every other ship.   Sure Mostly being played by better players, but their is enough garbage that saved up free xp to get it too. stats will go down slowly as more trash floats to the top. but look at even Hindenberg got a nerf and it wasn't even the top performing ship lol.

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

It is a standard tech tree ship.

I consider it to be very good for its tier but nowhere near overpowered. It's still extremely fragile, requires a dedicated playstyle not everyone can master, engine gets knocked out easily, and 8.5 second reload isn't exactly impressive.

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
23 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

The Alsace is about to be adjusted, and it's, what, 4-5 months since release?  I think that's your timeline for USN CL changes apart from issues that are really obvious, like the mistaken range on Seattle at first appearance.

And I think they're doing too much too soon on that; referring to the incoming Alsace nerf. 

Members
3,417 posts
8,276 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

XDxXB8o.jpg

Too soon.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,399 posts
3,875 battles

They will nerf Worcestershire when it's completed the purpose it was added to the game to fulfill.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,364 battles
Just now, lemekillmister said:

And I think they're doing too much too soon on that; referring to the incoming Alsace nerf. 

I don't have one, but that is my impression as well.

[SBS]
Members
2,464 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, Shadowrigger1 said:

It'll be nerfed.

I think so too, its a matter of how long before it does.  I think it will be a slight ROF nerf just in time for the release the all paper BB line...