AccidentProneSam

Account Reset

10 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts

A friend and I decided to give the game a try this weekend. He has never played and I played back in 2016. I can't remember what tier I had, but probably had a hundred or so hours in the game.

I downloaded the game, it accepted my login, but all of my progress is gone. Tier 1 in everything, and no record of any battles. I googled the problem, and saw that downloading a different region client could cause it. I don't think I ever DLd anything but the NA version, but I uninstalled to try again anyway. In the meantime I went to my accounts page and logged in... and sure enough it was there. All of my progress was saved and I could look up my battles, win rate etc.

At reinstall it was the same story. Lvl 1 with no battles. I tried to reinstall through Steam since I couldn't remember if I went that route back in 2016... same story.

Now when I log in through the website to view my profile, it says lvl 1. Everything is reset. 

Customer support cant seem to help. They keep telling me to remember the login I used back in 2016... but I've only ever used the one. And I saw my progress this weekend, so I know it was there.

Any ideas? Anyone deal with this sort of thing before? 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[AWP]
Members
782 posts
3,007 battles

Look on stats sites and see if maybe you used the account on another server. I would say the beta test could be part of the reason but I’m pretty sure that was 2015. Idk what to tell you. Just search around for if you used that name anywhere else.

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

Yeah, Beta ended in September 2015.  Did you download and play the game through Steam by any chance?  Steam accounts are not compatible with the original WG accounts and in some cases create very complicated messes.

-R

Members
3 posts

Oh goodness, yeah it may have been through Steam originally. I just can't remember. It seems strange that logging in through the Steam server and the standalone NA server could cause an account reset. I suppose if customer support can't help me there's not much I can do. 

The stat sites are just pulling up my Lvl1 stats now. Thanks foe the replies. 

[HINON]
Members
9,013 posts
2 minutes ago, AccidentProneSam said:

Oh goodness, yeah it may have been through Steam originally. I just can't remember. It seems strange that logging in through the Steam server and the standalone NA server could cause an account reset. I suppose if customer support can't help me there's not much I can do. 

Try the Steam WOWS discussion forum and they can help if that is where you originally setup your account. Some other players have had similar situations and the support there is able to solve it usually from my understanding.

Members
826 posts
2,634 battles

I checked 3 stat sites & and the official site, this name doesn't come up. As for steam, wows was just added to the steam client late last year.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,570 posts
8,995 battles

This is a brand new account, it is only 19 hours old. Are you certain that you didn't install the Steam version which creates a new account? Are you absolutely certain you played in 2016 and not before the release of open beta? Are you certain that you weren't playing WT? Even if you were give this one a try for something different.

Community Department
2,096 posts
520 battles
20 hours ago, AccidentProneSam said:

Hi! I've checked everything and see only 1lvl account. Is there any possibility that you started playing on another account 2 years ago. Through Steam there is a possibility to play only for a bit more than half a year. 
I'm interested in solving this issue, but need any nickname that you could use before login to Steam. Any details. 

Note that when you start playing on Steam you start new account and at the time we have no possibility to transfer the progress from one account to another. 

When you are completing registration through Steam client, there is no possibility to end it with your previous login(I put similar login and this is the result):
jOK-JiqCYoU.jpg

Members
3 posts
On 7/24/2018 at 6:58 AM, turbo07 said:

Hi! I've checked everything and see only 1lvl account. Is there any possibility that you started playing on another account 2 years ago. Through Steam there is a possibility to play only for a bit more than half a year. 

At this point I'm totally confused about what happened. A friend and I were talking about playing the game, and I hadn't played for several years, so I'll give you a rundown of exactly what happened last weekend:

1) I download the non-steam client. I think it was the N/A region, but not entirely sure.

2) I login. I hadn't played in some years, but entered my normal email, and the password I normally use, and it was accepted. I didn't make a new profile.  

3) My username is AccidentProneSam, which makes sense as that's a nickname I use often. Everything is level 1 however and I have zero battles played.

4) I read on the forums that I may have downloaded the wrong region client, so I uninstall and start downloading the N/A client.

5) While waiting, I go to the WoWs player database and look up AccidentProneSam. It shows 2016 as my join date (that's where I got the 2016 from, because I couldn't remember last time I played) with quite a few battles, progression, doubloons, experience, win rate % etc. etc. I think everything is fine at that point as my old progress is obviously saved somewhere.

6) I login to the N/A server, and I'm still lvl 1 with no battles played. I go look at my WoWs profile from the website again... and this time is says lvl 1 with no battles played.

Support doesn't seem to know what happened. I thought I had a steam account problem, but people here are saying the steam version wasn't released in 2016 so that can't be it.

I don't know what to do at this point. 

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,096 posts
520 battles
On 27.07.2018 at 12:21 AM, AccidentProneSam said:
Spoiler

At this point I'm totally confused about what happened. A friend and I were talking about playing the game, and I hadn't played for several years, so I'll give you a rundown of exactly what happened last weekend:

1) I download the non-steam client. I think it was the N/A region, but not entirely sure.

2) I login. I hadn't played in some years, but entered my normal email, and the password I normally use, and it was accepted. I didn't make a new profile.  

3) My username is AccidentProneSam, which makes sense as that's a nickname I use often. Everything is level 1 however and I have zero battles played.

4) I read on the forums that I may have downloaded the wrong region client, so I uninstall and start downloading the N/A client.

5) While waiting, I go to the WoWs player database and look up AccidentProneSam. It shows 2016 as my join date (that's where I got the 2016 from, because I couldn't remember last time I played) with quite a few battles, progression, doubloons, experience, win rate % etc. etc. I think everything is fine at that point as my old progress is obviously saved somewhere.

6) I login to the N/A server, and I'm still lvl 1 with no battles played. I go look at my WoWs profile from the website again... and this time is says lvl 1 with no battles played.

Support doesn't seem to know what happened. I thought I had a steam account problem, but people here are saying the steam version wasn't released in 2016 so that can't be it.

I don't know what to do at this point. 

Looking for any info which could help to deal with the situation.