You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Calibre

Being Alone & Staying Afloat

7 comments in this topic

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
51 posts
4,515 battles

Seems like about once every other day, my ship gets rammed, I ram another, my aim is crummy and the shells hit one of  ours, when I am focused on firing at a red ship, an ally

slips by between me and the enemy and gets busted. he was low on the life when he passed and my shells killed him. One fella rammed me not more than a Km or two once the battle started

and both of us got blamed.

These are things that are really out of scope for the commanders.  Many of the guys are really not paying attention to the map on the lower right side (or perhaps it's too small for them and they don't

know how to increase the grid).  I get hammered somehow, somewhere and I get penalized for it as well as the dummy who hit me.

Well, now ---  what I would like to know is how hard would it be if I was placed about 1Km away from my allies at the start so I won't ram (or get rammed) and start off with negative vibes

before the battle ends ??  I do so much better at distances and not being close to my allies unless I get really focused on a shell fight that my awareness drops a lot and I go down the tubes

pretty quick.   Any advice on how to stay away from those "@&@x**?>?>?"  guys and keep floating to the end ??  :-)

:Smile_smile:

• Boring 1

[CAST]
Members
1,200 posts
7,368 battles

You have to be aware of the friendly ships around you, because they often aren't aware of you.  If they happen to slip in front of you while you are shooting and you hit them with a shot, its on you.  You should never be zoomed in so long that a friendly ship can come between you and a target causing you to hit them.  Always zoom out after each shot, or at least quite often, to check your surroundings.

Ramming by friendly ships is an annoyance.  You often need to take evasive action, because some players just aren't paying attention.  The damage is minimal, so it isn't an issue that way.

Members
762 posts
15,808 battles

I've seen people reverse straight for the first minute of play. Perhaps not helpful if you're a DD, but relatively effective to avoid contact.

[DAY]
Members
1,178 posts
11,705 battles

why would you even care about ramming ally?

it takes less than 1% off your HP per ram

maybe less than 1‰ if you play something like a BB

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
51 posts
4,515 battles

I really have an issue with the BB South Carolina that is so very slow. So moving out of the way is (nearly) impossible.

I get so impatient with the guys who are only playing this with a shallow perception and much of it does not sink in.

I, on the other hand, feel like I'm going through "The Rapture" when I'm winning so when these unfocused, finite minds come

around, it ruins my day and I feel like quitting.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,445 posts
11,731 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Calibre said:

Seems like about once every other day, my ship gets rammed, I ram another, my aim is crummy and the shells hit one of  ours, when I am focused on firing at a red ship, an ally

slips by between me and the enemy and gets busted. he was low on the life when he passed and my shells killed him. One fella rammed me not more than a Km or two once the battle started

and both of us got blamed.

These are things that are really out of scope for the commanders.  Many of the guys are really not paying attention to the map on the lower right side (or perhaps it's too small for them and they don't

know how to increase the grid).  I get hammered somehow, somewhere and I get penalized for it as well as the dummy who hit me.

Well, now ---  what I would like to know is how hard would it be if I was placed about 1Km away from my allies at the start so I won't ram (or get rammed) and start off with negative vibes

before the battle ends ??  I do so much better at distances and not being close to my allies unless I get really focused on a shell fight that my awareness drops a lot and I go down the tubes

pretty quick.   Any advice on how to stay away from those "@&@x**?>?>?"  guys and keep floating to the end ??  :-)

:Smile_smile:

Don't hit W at start. 

Increase YOUR mini map size to see who is closing on you.

Zoom out in between shots and look around to see who may closing in on you.