You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

Has this ever happened to you?

66 comments in this topic

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles

There's less than 5 minutes left in the battle. Both teams are almost even in the points. You're in a DD and just spotted a cluster of three enemy BBs camping in such a way that there's no way not to hit at least two of them and sink one. I'm 12 km away (torp range is 7km and need to be 6km for accuracy) ,I turn on speed boost and the distance slowly closes, 10km,   9km.....  8km..... 8.5 km..... I'm in the perfect spot and just waiting for to get a bit closer when all of a sudden I hear a big bang and my doorbell rings. It's my wife, it's raining and she needs me to help her bring in the groceries pronto. You can all guess what happened to the battle...… yip, yip, yip.....  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,047 battles

Unfortunately, life likes to get in the way every now and then. Haha. 

[SDIWO]
Members
1,032 posts
5,330 battles

I'd say it's a fair bet anyone in a relationship has had a moment like that.

Members
4,566 posts
6,505 battles

Them there groceries will not spoil in 5 min. Win the game! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles

Ouch, but real life over game life.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
853 posts
4,852 battles

What was your wife doing out of the kitchen in the first place. She should have been in there making sure you had plenty of snacks and drinks for your gaming session.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,631 battles

Wife needs to always take priority pretty simple 

A happy wife makes me happy

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles
7 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Them there groceries will not spoil in 5 min. Win the game! :Smile_teethhappy:

Thou hasn't experienced the wrath of a wife at the door with 6 bags of groceries, SUV trunk open while you keep her waiting another 5 minutes as you finish a battle.

Remember, the battle on the screen may have ended but the mother of all battles may have just began

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 5

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,631 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Thou hasn't experienced the wrath of a wife at the door with 6 bags of groceries, SUV trunk open while you keep her waiting another 5 minutes as yo finish a battle.

Remember, the battle on the screen may have ended but the mother of all battles may have just began

Lol amen

Members
4,566 posts
6,505 battles

Thou hasn't experienced the wrath of a wife at the door with 6 bags of groceries, SUV trunk open while you keep her waiting another 5 minutes as you finish a battle.

Well I understand BUT a wet angry wife can be a sexy wife.  Heh.

Tongue in cheek ya know.  Carry on mate.

• Cool 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Happens to me pretty much any match I have after 5:30.

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles

How many times has your wife walked in while your playing saying "Are you still playing that stupid game?".  

Here is some advise for you guys. You don't want to mess with them. There's no winning 

• Cool 2

Members
1,817 posts
816 battles
4 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

When Priority Target becomes a real life situation.

• Cool 1

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles

Had it happen a couple times. 

I explained why I couldn't just pause the game, and she suggested I keep my phone handy. Now she texts me when she's leaving from somewhere when she wants immediate help upon arriving home.

That way, I know not to start another game, plus I have time to put the dog out back. (Front door, somebody arriving home, food smells, and full arms that can't grab a dog, all combine for absolute chaos! :Smile_teethhappy:)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles
Just now, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

I'd have a wet wife and grocerys 

Remember, in a divorce she gets half of the house

• Funny 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,032 posts
5,330 battles
6 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

How many times has your wife walked in while your playing saying "Are you still playing that stupid game?".  

Here is some advise for you guys. You don't want to mess with them. There's no winning 

Thankfully my GF is a gamer herself so she understands

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Good news is she will probably let you keep your gaming rig.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
397 posts
3,655 battles

I haven't had that happen, but in my old guild in World of Warcraft one our healers went AFK mid-fight on a boss fight because his house was on fire.

Didn't tell anyone. Just got up and left, leaving us wondering why we weren't getting heals. Until he got back and told us his house was on fire.

It's was okay though, he lived in a condo complex and the fire was like, 2 or 3 houses down.

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles

I don't get that, she KNOWS I'm still playing that stupid game lol.

I get, "the word is secrecy, I need a 4 and a 5 letter word. I'd use a hint, but I'm low on gems...."

Members
18,271 posts
5,224 battles
5 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Neither of us can afford the mortgage singly, so we'd have to sell.

We haven't owned it long, but by the time the dust settled and the lawyers got paid, I'd probably end up with just enough for a killer gaming rig.....

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,678 posts
9,083 battles
15 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

You don't even have to be married to experience that. They will bring up something that happened thirty years ago and beat you over the head with it.

Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles

You could try saying 'Thanks for getting the groceries, honey. Come in, get dry and make yourself comfortable. I'll run out and bring in the groceries myself in five minutes."  YMMV, depending on how martyry your wife's mood might be at the moment.  

Edited by lemekillmister

[SC]
Members
1,577 posts
10,017 battles

I didn't want to mention the times the cat jumped onto my desk and started whacking anything moving on the screen. I thought I'd leave that to it's own thread....