Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jason199506

Legendary Upgrades

29 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

381
[DAY]
Members
1,185 posts
11,759 battles

anyone else think we should be given the ability to buy those modules with 3mil credit after we finished the quest, instead of just one module?

 

i personally can see the need to slot that module on and off for random/rank/CW, and i dont want to spend 25 doubloon everytime i do so, id much rather spend all the credits that i dont even know what to use them for

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,021 battles

Yeah. I agree. If they wanted to be super nice, I feel like it should be free to install and remove just the legendary upgrades. So you would still have to pay for whatever else you want to use but not the legendary. I feel like some I would want to use but not all the time. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
19 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

anyone else think we should be given the ability to buy those modules with 3mil credit after we finished the quest, instead of just one module?

 

i personally can see the need to slot that module on and off for random/rank/CW, and i dont want to spend 25 doubloon everytime i do so, id much rather spend all the credits that i dont even know what to use them for

 

1 minute ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Yeah. I agree. If they wanted to be super nice, I feel like it should be free to install and remove just the legendary upgrades. So you would still have to pay for whatever else you want to use but not the legendary. I feel like some I would want to use but not all the time. 

I Agree:Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
192 posts
20,392 battles
20 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

anyone else think we should be given the ability to buy those modules with 3mil credit after we finished the quest, instead of just one module?

 

What would be the point of having more than one module? Each legendary upgrade only works on one ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,185 posts
11,759 battles
1 minute ago, BoraHorzaGobuchul said:

What would be the point of having more than one module? Each legendary upgrade only works on one ship.

so i can slot them on and off without paying doubloon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[BUOY]
Members
189 posts
7,876 battles

Honestly, considering how radically they can alter a ship's play style, unique upgrades should be 1. unsellable (if they aren't already, I haven't earned any yet so I don't know) and thus 2. exempt from the doubloon transfer fee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,021 battles
5 minutes ago, BoraHorzaGobuchul said:

What would be the point of having more than one module? Each legendary upgrade only works on one ship.

More like having it act like other upgrades to where you could sell and purchase again. I don’t currently have them but my understanding is you either leave it on, pay doubloons to demount it, or sell it and have to put in a service ticket to “repurchase” it for credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Supertester
192 posts
20,392 battles
15 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

More like having it act like other upgrades to where you could sell and purchase again. I don’t currently have them but my understanding is you either leave it on, pay doubloons to demount it, or sell it and have to put in a service ticket to “repurchase” it for credits.

Ah. Yes, I agree with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
41 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

so i can slot them on and off without paying doubloon

It's like everything else Engineered to make you pay again and again and again.................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
160 posts
12,544 battles

Currently, you have to pay 25 dubs to demount an equipment, or half the price in silvers to destroy an existing one. A better solution is to allow us to demount an equipment for half the cost in silvers, then sell said equipment for 100% of its cost from the inventory, saving us dubs in the process and letting us choose to sell or keep a certain unique equipment.

As for dubs, they can be used to purchase unique upgrades to skip the grind, as a part of WG's motto of "pay to advance." If you accidentally sell a unique upgrade, just buy another one from the premium shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,590
[PSP]
Members
6,307 posts
8,930 battles
6 minutes ago, AbyssAngkor said:

As for dubs, they can be used to purchase unique upgrades to skip the grind, as a part of WG's motto of "pay to advance." 

It's more like "pay for convenience," which is a recognized marketing strategy. You can play this game and have lots of fun entirely for free, which is amazing considering its quality.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles
1 hour ago, jason199506 said:

anyone else think we should be given the ability to buy those modules with 3mil credit after we finished the quest, instead of just one module?

 

i personally can see the need to slot that module on and off for random/rank/CW, and i dont want to spend 25 doubloon everytime i do so, id much rather spend all the credits that i dont even know what to use them for

WG is restricting access to these modules by dint of the sheer grind you have to do access one. Being able to access all of them after just one grind? Be too easy. Not all of the upgrades are upgrades per se. Take the DM's upgrade. The ability to "sprint" from 0-27 knots in 3 sec if you stack it with Propulsion Mod 1. The downside is that you place it in slot 6. That costs you either reload time or range. So having access to all of them after a grind would be nice but I have doubts WG is going to allow it at this point in time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
53 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

WG is restricting access to these modules by dint of the sheer grind you have to do access one. Being able to access all of them after just one grind? Be too easy. Not all of the upgrades are upgrades per se. Take the DM's upgrade. The ability to "sprint" from 0-27 knots in 3 sec if you stack it with Propulsion Mod 1. The downside is that you place it in slot 6. That costs you either reload time or range. So having access to all of them after a grind would be nice but I have doubts WG is going to allow it at this point in time.  

You forgot the Radar Nerf the Des Moines Legendary Upgrade Takes The Radar To-10% Duration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,310
[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,374 posts
8,541 battles

Never really thought of this.   Finished the Gearing one and plan on using it in Randoms and if i do CB.  Some of the others though... i could see wanting to swap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
6 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

You forgot the Radar Nerf the Des Moines Legendary Upgrade Takes The Radar To-10% Duration

Funny thing is some of these are  Far Far more desirable than others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

Funny thing is some of these are  Far Far more desirable than others

My only question is are they only available for a short time Ah La the unique captains and missions or are they available later as well  IE for example you only get the ships mission if you have her n play however if you don't have her now n get her later.............................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts

The Wiki says you can only get them Via In Game Missions..................So that lets out getting them from the Arsenal  as several people suggested:Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles
15 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

You forgot the Radar Nerf the Des Moines Legendary Upgrade Takes The Radar To-10% Duration

Not that big of a nerf  since your losing 4 seconds total of 40.

2 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

My only question is are they only available for a short time Ah La the unique captains and missions or are they available later as well  IE for example you only get the ships mission if you have her n play however if you don't have her now n get her later.............................

Well, the date on the bottom of the personal assignments says 31.12. CC's have stated that WG has promised it will be permanent. Note that WG has not committed to that in writing. I would recommend grinding it out before the end of the year of any modules you feel is worth it. I should do the Yamato and Hindenberg after the Mino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
12 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Not that big of a nerf  since your losing 4 seconds total of 40.

Well, the date on the bottom of the personal assignments says 31.12. CC's have stated that WG has promised it will be permanent. Note that WG has not committed to that in writing. I would recommend grinding it out before the end of the year of any modules you feel is worth it. I should do the Yamato and Hindenberg after the Mino.

To get the Ones That Look Good I'd Have  Grind Them Out From The Start   Right now I've got the missions for  Des Moines,Minotaur,Gearing,Worcester  so grinding out new ships is not in the cards:Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles

I already finished DM and Zao. Mino and Yammie are on going right now.  I want to finish the Mino so I can squirt 48 seconds of smoke puffs that last 131 seconds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283
[SUCIT]
Members
827 posts
3,630 battles
2 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

WG is restricting access to these modules by dint of the sheer grind you have to do access one. Being able to access all of them after just one grind? Be too easy. Not all of the upgrades are upgrades per se. Take the DM's upgrade. The ability to "sprint" from 0-27 knots in 3 sec if you stack it with Propulsion Mod 1. The downside is that you place it in slot 6. That costs you either reload time or range. So having access to all of them after a grind would be nice but I have doubts WG is going to allow it at this point in time.  

He isn't saying to be able to grind one of them, then have access to all of them.  

He wants to have the ability to de-mount them and re-mount them without having to use doubloons.  As it stands, that is the only way to de-mount it.  If you sell it, you can't re-buy it for credits, and I'm assuming you'd have to re-grind it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
338
[TOG]
Members
2,484 posts
14,997 battles
1 minute ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

He wants to have the ability to de-mount them and re-mount them without having to use doubloons.  As it stands, that is the only way to de-mount it.  If you sell it, you can't re-buy it for credits, and I'm assuming you'd have to re-grind it.

Well, demounting it for credits is a better way to do it. As for selling it, that depends on how much effort you invested for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283
[SUCIT]
Members
827 posts
3,630 battles
5 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Well, demounting it for credits is a better way to do it. As for selling it, that depends on how much effort you invested for it.

I don't believe you can demount with credits.  As far as I know, you can only demount with doubloons.  

That's what he is saying though.  Give the ability to demount with credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,050 posts
28 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Well, demounting it for credits is a better way to do it. As for selling it, that depends on how much effort you invested for it.

 

22 minutes ago, XpliCT_PaiiN said:

I don't believe you can demount with credits.  As far as I know, you can only demount with doubloons.  

That's what he is saying though.  Give the ability to demount with credits.

Demounting it with doubloons or selling is the only option you have with the regular modules why would you think they'd it any different IE enable you demount it with credits................In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out they'd disabled the sell option and require you to demount with doubloons and indeed to find out you couldn't sell it at all instead treating it like the premium camos:cap_old:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
381
[DAY]
Members
1,185 posts
11,759 battles
7 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

it any different IE enable you demount it with credits................In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out they'd disabled the sell option and require you to demount with doubloons and indeed to find out you couldn't sell it at all instead treating it like the premium camos:cap_old:

only problem is you can buy regular modules back with credits

 

and thats exactly what im asking for, buying them back with credit once you unlock them with the quest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×