You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dareios

cant win them all...

14 comments in this topic

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts

I nailed every torp drop, but I cant help think that maybe if I had flags up, or got another strafe in, or if I ran AP rather than HE, or simply micro'd better.

10 seconds more would have done it on points.

Oh well, next game, thanks for listening.

shot-18_07.23_22_07.47-0481.thumb.jpg.a6ca53243ad52abb26b7be5a49560db3.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Very good game, congratulations. Unfortunately team let you down. The least they could've done to show their appreciation was to get together and win, but they failed hard.

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
149 posts
2,142 battles

Wow, you guys play hardcore at tier 10.

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

Awesome game at this point I can only dream of doing that lol. But even with a defeat like that I would only feel bad about the result not my performace. Athough a good player like yourself always looks to see how he can possibly do better.

Edited by Sped_Gax

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

That's rough man. Been a while since I had one like that in a CV. Most of my rough games are like one I had yesterday, where we were down 3 ships before I even launched my second sortie.

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles
1 hour ago, Dareios said:

I nailed every torp drop, but I cant help think that maybe if I had flags up, or got another strafe in, or if I ran AP rather than HE, or simply micro'd better.

Close games are the most stressful!

Community Department
2,113 posts
520 battles
1 hour ago, Dareios said:

Spoiler

I understand you 100%. Nice stats! I even checked my defeat results, don't remember if it is my max damage still. But the battle was great:

Spoiler

0Bq8f2tl25M.jpg

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,095 battles
2 hours ago, Dareios said:

Says you lost on points, so naturally Midway can do well and get a lot of kills even if your DDs all die and never get a cap

Did you spot caps and provide air cover for your DDs - that might have made more of a difference?

Edited by Commander_367

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
559 posts
6 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

Did you spot caps and provide air cover for your DDs - that might have made more of a difference?

This wasnt one of those games.

Two DDs per side. I spotted both of them and nearly killed their shima with bombs. On of ours got moskva radar early on and taken out. Other one was flanking and harassing but not capping.

Biggest issue was that for most of the first half of the game I was further forward than our BB horde, so that when I swung the game by nuking their GK, conq, motana and eventually iowa the enemy already had 3/4 caps and I was closest to capping one of theirs. Too passive a play, not enough time. Enemy Midway was last standing and in far corner... not enough strike power to one-shot him in the last minute through DFAA.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,395 posts
13,095 battles
33 minutes ago, Dareios said:

This wasnt one of those games.

Two DDs per side. I spotted both of them and nearly killed their shima with bombs. On of ours got moskva radar early on and taken out. Other one was flanking and harassing but not capping.

Biggest issue was that for most of the first half of the game I was further forward than our BB horde, so that when I swung the game by nuking their GK, conq, motana and eventually iowa the enemy already had 3/4 caps and I was closest to capping one of theirs. Too passive a play, not enough time. Enemy Midway was last standing and in far corner... not enough strike power to one-shot him in the last minute through DFAA.

I hate to say this, but it seems like CV air cover and radar have the 2 greatest impacts … at least at the start of the game and for controlling caps.

It wasn't you, but radar sounds like a pretty good explanation for such a crazy result?

I know the radar reactionaries will immediately troll this response, so I'll point the finger at you for mentioning it first :)

Edited by Commander_367

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,851 posts
13,070 battles

Look on the bright side.  You got some steak with those potatoes.

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
332 posts
4,659 battles

The only thing I could think of was to follow closer to a screening cruiser so that a lot of attention would come your way. That would have reduced the strain of winning on your team, but it's very hard to kite a carrier.