Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Which is more costly - buy premium or use doubloons?

4 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,181 battles

Doubloons - you can instantly train captain to certain ships

Prem ship - you have to play a some time to train captain, but if prem ship is not fun to play, it is just like drinking tar in winter. Fun prem is always wweeeryyy welcome , but there are many not so fun premiums.  

Not fun but generate credits- well  - high tier us battleship. Some fun so I can play them but not finest delicacy Wows can offer. (i am not bb player) 

After ALL - fun is the biggest motivator to play this game. 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,900 posts
12,634 battles

Does it really matter? Fun is Fun and to some the more money they throw towards the game the more fun they have and the more they are fussed at about being Wallet Warriors just adds to their Fun!

• Bad 1

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,181 battles
52 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Does it really matter? Fun is Fun and to some the more money they throw towards the game the more fun they have and the more they are fussed at about being Wallet Warriors just adds to their Fun!

I just try to hunt those fun-ships. There are many but unfortunately MM spoils some of the games. 

[AWP]
Members
784 posts
3,081 battles
1 hour ago, Finnkax said:

Doubloons - you can instantly train captain to certain ships

Prem ship - you have to play a some time to train captain, but if prem ship is not fun to play, it is just like drinking tar in winter. Fun prem is always wweeeryyy welcome , but there are many not so fun premiums.  

Not fun but generate credits- well  - high tier us battleship. Some fun so I can play them but not finest delicacy Wows can offer. (i am not bb player) 

After ALL - fun is the biggest motivator to play this game. 

Well to answer the first part, it depends. Every now and then there are deals on doubloons or on spending money. As of right now, it is cheaper to wait for the ship and hope it goes on sale for the summer.

As far as premium ships that are fun, it depends a lot on what you like. I find a good many fun to play but other people don’t like them. Some are loads of fun but not the most competitive. Others I find really great ships but not that fun to play. It depends on the play style you like. I love the Kidd but if you don’t like DD’s you won’t like it. The Massachusetts is loads of fun to play but if you don’t like inaccurate BB’s you’ll hate it (unless the secondaries make it up for you but you need a 18 point captain). The Atlanta is one fun CL but requires a division or island camping. It really just depends. 

Yes, a premium seems to earn more credits than a tech tree ship but it doesn’t (exception is Missouri). The premium ships come with a camo that reduces service cost and that’s it. That’s the earnings you see. Some of them have special camos to boost credits like Adler or Kobayashi but most don’t. IMO if you want to earn credits and don’t have the Missouri, use your highest tier ship that you do well in and slap camo and flags on it. Don’t buy a premium to earn credits. Buy them for captain training or fun.

Sign in to follow this