Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

whoever says weekends are bad think again

16 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,164 posts
15,055 battles

Hi

People are always complain about the weekend teams WRONG very WRONG just played 3 games in a row in Texas on two brothers 2 out of those 3 games we were in with a chance and all those games we were blitzed in the end.

First game the enemy team thought it would be fun to drive up channel and take us by surprise but were ready  and sank 4 ships for the loss of 2  then when it looked like we had this game our team self destructed.

Second again team leading and then self destructs enough said.

The last game was a beauty @CriMiNaL__ and his little gang of cutthroat pirates :Smile_izmena: charged up the centre channel proceeded  to systematically eliminate our fleet this of course was after repeated screams by me for our ships to turn round to defend the base as most of them just sailed off into the wild blue yonder oblivious to the few who tried to save our cap.

My own performance was lacklustre I must admit but we got caught totally off guard and once that happens its hard to rally specially against a Atlanta and 2 Leningrad's in smoke burning you to the water line.  

Great job by those teams that beat us it was lesson in playing this game.

so where do send I the salvage bill too @CriMiNaL__ :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by tm63au

[POP]
Members
1,164 posts
15,055 battles
5 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

Mid  tier, try T10 battles.

I do play them there not much better

cheers

[SYN]
Members
14,455 posts
10,459 battles

At this point, it's not the weekends, it's "the Summer" and it's every single day, until school starts.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
1,850 posts
12,893 battles

So far, as this week has gone, I have to remind myself which tier I am playing in. I have played in tier 10 and tier 4. I am not seeing the difference in play style lately. Tier 10 is still to passive for my play style (I am stuck trying to get the special upgrade for the DM). At tier 4 I can get away with play my aggressive play style. I have noticed both tiers are playing the same way.

[POP]
Members
1,164 posts
15,055 battles
18 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

So far, as this week has gone, I have to remind myself which tier I am playing in. I have played in tier 10 and tier 4. I am not seeing the difference in play style lately. Tier 10 is still to passive for my play style (I am stuck trying to get the special upgrade for the DM). At tier 4 I can get away with play my aggressive play style. I have noticed both tiers are playing the same way.

Like I said in my earlier post 2 out of the 3 games enemy teams have charged up the channel in two brothers 1 failed and 1 succeeded but both teams won the games, back in the day a team that did that was expected to have a automatic loss, nobody in there right mind charges the channel inside the first 10 minutes or less so that tells how bad teams have been and I'm talking about the defending that should have crushed the channel charge and went on to steam roll the enemy.

Its said day even after said crushing of channel charge to still be steam rolled by remnants of the enemy team.   

If the level play stays like this charging the channel now has strategic value and that's scary     

[POP]
Members
1,164 posts
15,055 battles
8 minutes ago, USSCurtis said:

Any weekend that I’m not working is not a bad weekend.

well that's true I'm all for not working weekends too  :Smile_Default:

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Yeah well, it's summer. But after a terrible weekend, I decided to play a night of rounds because I thought many people won't play Sunday night / Monday morning because of work and summer camp etc. Behold, I'm starting to feel better. My average damage, win rate, and kills are back up.

[STW]
Members
658 posts
4,411 battles

Monday is just an extension of the weekend as it is, summer or not.

[POP]
Members
1,164 posts
15,055 battles
13 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Yeah well, it's summer. But after a terrible weekend, I decided to play a night of rounds because I thought many people won't play Sunday night / Monday morning because of work and summer camp etc. Behold, I'm starting to feel better. My average damage, win rate, and kills are back up.

lucky you then again you attack and sink poor defenceless KamiKaze K's :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles
Just now, tm63au said:

lucky you then again you attack and sink poor defenceless KamiKaze K's :Smile_teethhappy:

^^^ I've seen quite a few of them in the last couple of weeks :)) But if we're talking history, I love to shoot at Kongos in the Helena. :))

Actually happened in history too during the Naval Battle of Guadalcanal. Helena fired a full salvo into Hiei's superstructure that turned it into a grill.

[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,109 posts
10,268 battles

In World of tanks, I call summer "the time of the orange menace".

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Hi

People are always complain about the weekend teams WRONG very WRONG just played 3 games in a row in Texas on two brothers 2 out of those 3 games we were in with a chance and all those games we were blitzed in the end.

First game the enemy team thought it would be fun to drive up channel and take us by surprise but were ready  and sank 4 ships for the loss of 2  then when it looked like we had this game our team self destructed.

Second again team leading and then self destructs enough said.

The last game was a beauty @CriMiNaL__ and his little gang of cutthroat pirates :Smile_izmena: charged up the centre channel proceeded  to systematically eliminate our fleet this of course was after repeated screams by me for our ships to turn round to defend the base as most of them just sailed off into the wild blue yonder oblivious to the few who tried to save our cap.

My own performance was lacklustre I must admit but we got caught totally off guard and once that happens its hard to rally specially against a Atlanta and 2 Leningrad's in smoke burning you to the water line.  

Great job by those teams that beat us it was lesson in playing this game.

so where do send salvage bill too @CriMiNaL__ :Smile_teethhappy:

Sounds like a ton of fun! 

[4HIM]
Members
1,804 posts
4,072 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Like I said in my earlier post 2 out of the 3 games enemy teams have charged up the channel in two brothers 1 failed and 1 succeeded but both teams won the games, back in the day a team that did that was expected to have a automatic loss, nobody in there right mind charges the channel inside the first 10 minutes or less so that tells how bad teams have been and I'm talking about the defending that should have crushed the channel charge and went on to steam roll the enemy.

If I'm in a ship with torps (other than an RU ship with their torps that only have the range of a slingshot) I will lob some speculative torps down the channel early.  About one time in 3 or 4 salvos I get a blind hit.  And it does make the channel charge get a little cautious at that point.  

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,035 posts
3,543 battles

Your anecdotes doesn't change anything. Weekends and vacation, has a trend of win-rate drop for majority of players. This is due to those who would normally be in school, coming on, and only wanting to shoot things, to heck with tactics, for those players.

Sign in to follow this