You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Scrapyard_

Where are all the 50%+ players at in random?

92 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
258 posts
5,086 battles

Seems they are in short supply anymore. 70% - 80% of the players i see in random now on both teams are below 50% and even worse a good chunk of those are below 45%. Is it due to clan wars? Tiers 8-10 make me just want to shake my head at much of the stuff i am seeing. DD running around with no camo, lemming trains right to an island to hide behind and they stay there refusing to move,..... etc. It is like watching a bunch of players who installed the game yesterday playing those tiers. Much of the stuff i am seeing in higher tiers right now makes me want to stop playing. I love this game, but it seems so many players now on both teams just do not give one cent about even trying or learning how to play and it is infuriating.  Sorry for the rant i know it won't change anything, but just had to vent. 

Edited by Scrapyard_
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
706 posts

they are all down at tier II and III seal clubbing with their 19point commanders padding their stats........

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3

[SYN]
Members
14,441 posts
10,418 battles

They are in Physiotherapy

cs-threw-my-back-out-1440x810.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

[-BMV-]
Members
346 posts
6,579 battles

Many of the Unicums and even good players play a lot so for them to win 10% or more over 50% you need perhaps a dozen casual sub 50% players to feed them that difference.  The fact is the majority of players have to be bad to extremely bad for there to be a population of elite players.

• Cool 4

[RKLES]
Members
7,195 posts
8,940 battles

Clan Wars is a big reason, and so is the fact Summer avaction is going on.  Weekends, Holidays, and Summer Vacation it is play at your own risk for good players since all it takes is MM to unevenly distribute the good players in the flood of bad ones that comes in on Summer and you can be facing losses.

• Cool 2

[PLPT]
Members
65 posts
4,560 battles

Clan Battles is burning out my Tier 10 play, so I've been doing a lot of 4,5, and 7s.

[O_O]
Members
4,398 posts
9,515 battles

I don't check the stats of players in my games.  So, I don't know if the 50%+ are there or not.

• Cool 4

[ZR]
Members
958 posts
11,277 battles
22 minutes ago, b101uk said:

they are all down at tier II and III seal clubbing with their 19point commanders padding their stats........

Nah, we are too busy clubbing tier 10's in our tier 8's

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
25 minutes ago, b101uk said:

I know that's what I've been doing outside of Clan Battles. But... I've only got a 10 pointer in my Vampire I'll have you know!

Playing 3-7 has been just fine for me, but higher tiers is gets a little messy and harder to come back from a real bad luck MM.

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,781 battles

I was very excited to see two Massachusetts and a Monarch in a division on one match over the weekend, the only concern I had was the two Americans had cutesy matching names.  

As the team steadily fell apart I took a moment to spot where they were on the map.  What should have been the McSorley and Bertuzzi Show were sitting in B2, driving doughnuts behind their Monarch buddy who was at least doing reasonably Monarchish things.  I only rarely look up stats, but after the match wound up with those three being all that was left of our team (and half of them being CV-sniped back to port,) I couldn't help myself.  

33%.  The Massachusetts were both 33% players who had less than a thousand games between them.  While both had other Tier VIII ships, that was as far as they'd gotten in one line apiece.  I'm not even angry, just confused.  Oh well.

What I will say (and I am going to regret this) is that my WR is a pretty steady 52.somethingish%, and has been improving slowly.  These last two weeks have been closer to 70% and though it's lots of fun, it has me thinking that the hammer will be coming down soon.  I don't like that thought near as much.

-R

[WORX]
Members
1,815 posts
12,861 battles
39 minutes ago, Scrapyard_ said:

Seems they are in short supply anymore. 70% - 80% of the players i see in random now on both teams are below 50% and even worse a good chunk of those are below 45%.

^^^ um Since we are on stats, I dont check for stats because again misunderstanding/misinterpretation/false representation will occur. Overall I don;t think there are many population of over 60% (WR? I think that is what you were hinting at). With a healthy population of 18k, you will only find people with over 55% only if

1. Favorable MM
  2. Playing Over powered or no longer attainable ships to pad stats
  3. Playing in the lower to mid tiers with a great cpt adv.
  4. They play a specific ship/specific tier a lot.  The opposite is true, the more matches you play a ship the less likely stats wise to have a high WR% 
  5. Not only that,  no one knows at what specific time, (if these players exist) these players play. Considering all the variables I mentioned, I forgot one more.
  6. The "fleet" variable meaning its a team game and regardless of WR%, MM  will give you a red fleet that is better then yours, this I call the "unwinnable" matches.
  • I would even make the argument that the more matches you do in a ship and tier the better off you are regardless of WR%

To me, I don;t see why you're looking for something that is a mirage/mermaid just on WR% alone. Maybe in your head exist but in reality, must games are fun without this propaganda tool. I can;t Convince you some way some how over 80% is achievable/maintainable when there are alot of 50% and 45% which is the norm. I recommend just playing your game. WOWS is not a stats heavy game really, but its a good tool to see what you have done.

44 minutes ago, Scrapyard_ said:

I love this game, but it seems so many players now on both teams just do not give one cent about even trying or learning how to play and it is infuriating.

^^^ This is a matter of opinion, I disagree with the analogy. In order to win you have to learn how to lose, if we have new guys learning, then they will be your next challange in the not so distant future. I would be concerned if there was no new players in the lower ranks. IF I see a bunch of known seal clubbers in the lower ranks and no new people... Then its no different then any other game from tier 6 up. GL anf HF

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles

Working 40+ a week with 10+ hrs of commuting on top of it.  Then spend time with the wife.

Play when I can.

Couldn't agree more about high tier.  T9+ have seen more sub 45% and many sub 40% players than at any tier.  Unless you regularly division it is very hard to carry as a solo.

As a solo player it gets old quick.

After one of the worst losing streaks I can remember took a break from my high tier grinds and started a couple of new lines I haven't started yet.  French cruisers and UK BBs.

So at the moment where am I at?  T6 and 5 grinding La Gal and Iron Duke.

And honestly there are better players in the mid tiers overall.  Average players can be supported and carried.  Not much you can do with a bunch of 37% WR 350 rating player with 10k battles that free xp'd to T10 and never bothered to learn the game.

Members
605 posts
7,221 battles
1 hour ago, b101uk said:

Tinfoil assumptions by low tier players.  Does this occur?  Yes.  Does it occur with the frequency that people claim it does?  Not even close.  I don't free xp up lines I haven't played.  Do I start at 1?  Nope, but usually do at 4 and work my way from there so I can build up the line's captain.  Can't even remember the last T3 I played, maybe Boggy.  

Do have a Clemson in my port with a 10 pointer I take out occasionally because it's a fun ship, but not very often.  Other than that have a couple of 5's and 6's, everything else is T7+.

[OPG]
[OPG]
Members
137 posts
7,322 battles

With clan battles going on many of the 60%+ are not taking as much time a night playing random battles anymore, and I for one am one of those people. In my busy day I can allocate enough time to play clan-wars throughout the week, but it takes the place of my time in random battles for the most part unless I am feeling really good that day. I think this can be said of most players who are participating in clan battles and the fact that they happen in the middle of summer makes it even worse (I am busier in the summer than any other season). 

Beta Testers
3,585 posts
4,261 battles
47 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

, you will only find people with over 55% only if

1. Favorable MM
  4. They play a specific ship/specific tier a lot.  The opposite is true, the more matches you play a ship the less likely stats wise to have a high WR% 
  5. Not only that,  no one knows at what specific time, (if these players exist) these players play. Considering all the variables I mentioned, I forgot one more.
  6. The "fleet" variable meaning its a team game and regardless of WR%, MM  will give you a red fleet that is better then yours, this I call the "unwinnable" matches.

1. wrong

2. wrong

3. wrong

4. This is the only correct one (first half), and it is a reasonable thing for ANY PLAYER TO DO. Playing a ship gives you experience in that ship. The more you play a ship, the better at using it you should become.  The difference between a decent player, and a great player is part positioning, part reaction, and part intimate knowledge of exactly what the ship is capable of doing (maneuvering, shell travel/arcs, armor scheme, etc...) Additionally, playing against other ships, you learn to deal with them, what their arcs, armor, and ability to position is. Second half is still wrong. 

5. wrong

6. wrong

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,849 posts
12,583 battles

@Scrapyard_ I venture there once in awhile but currently the scenarios pay off rather well!

[STW]
Members
289 posts
6,448 battles

Used to have fun playing T8's back when everyone did't have T10's,but WG refuses to recognise how retarded it is to putting T10s into T8 matchmaking so scrap that option.

The other option is to play with a bunch of mongoloids in T10 that use HP perk on BB's and train to one cap.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Members
2,128 posts
4,750 battles

Hey don't be too sad OP there's still a 52%-er like me. Having said this, on a losing team I don't necessarily make that big of an impact because I'm not at the level where I can perform miracles. If I played with a dark green, blue, or purple player, I'd play a supporting role only which I'm fine with because they're the better player.

Yeah I've also looked up the profiles of many players on both teams recently, and boy do I see lots of sub-50% ers. Many of these players are not only bad, they don't take you seriously when you suggest or come up with a tactical plan, and there's generally lots of irrelevant trash talk in the chat. Today I saw a guy in an Akatsuki with 14k battles and a 707 PR, 39% win rate. He charged straight into the enemy Chapayev and Cleveland. The HSF Harekaze soon followed, and our team lost 2/4 DDs in the opening minutes. Fortunately the very good Rank 1 Z-23 player managed to salvage the situation a bit, killing 5 ships, and after I died the rest of the team actually managed to achieve a numerical advantage, but the loss of DDs meant nobody except the Z-23 was willing to cap, so the enemy won on points.

As a member of the 'Mongoloid' race, most players in this game don't even deserve to be called 'Mongoloid' because scientifically speaking 'Mongoloid' countries have some of the highest average IQs in the world, though I'm very skeptical of IQ's validity due to the way it's often measured.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

[ARGSY]
Members
6,235 posts
4,207 battles

Last I looked, I was a 50%-plus player. Most of the time I'm in Tier 8, I'm bottom tier. I try to play well, but try and manage are not always the same thing.

I just recently got done with a six-week marathon mission which (thank God) yielded me the main reward and almost all the other rewards along the way (I failed ONE mission). I'm beat out. I want to derp in co-op at Tier 4 for a bit while I get my willpower and energy together to either charge through the permanent campaigns or drive hard for my first 19 pointer. 

[CAFE]
Members
1,395 posts
10,746 battles

Play at high tier has degraded to the point that it is more frustrating to play that good players just stick to competitive modes. Why play the same tier with a bunch of randos who struggle to move out of the spawn when you can play with an organized team?

• Funny 1

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
3,387 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

^^^ um Since we are on stats, I dont check for stats because again misunderstanding/misinterpretation/false representation will occur. Overall I don;t think there are many population of over 60% (WR? I think that is what you were hinting at). With a healthy population of 18k, you will only find people with over 55% only if

1. Favorable MM

Agreed, I have been trying to improve my own stats lately & have run into some significant problems. Saturday morning I played 12 matches & lost all 12. I got deleted early match by a BB on my 1st one but the other 11 I was in the top 3 if not the #1 slot. My team each match was rubbish & while "I" pulled my weight the rest just fell apart with many of them making less than 300xp. In frustration I looked at the stats of some of the games best players hoping to catch a glimpse at the secret to winning & saw a trend. Many of them while having thousands of matches 30% or more of those matches were in a handful (some of them 1 or 2) of top tier ships. 
I play this game because I love warships, all of them & am as likely to take a T4 as a T10. I dont care if its a gudbote or a mehbote nor am I overly concerned about my stats. Sure I want to do well in game but my ego is small & wont sacrifice my fun factor to improve a number that has no impact on my life. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1