You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

WG, Can We Get an Option to Turn Off Pings?

31 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,241 posts
8,880 battles

Excessive pinging gets annoying and distracts from the game.

shot-18_07.23_01_55.06-0565.jpg.928f6bc773c5970eb124820188c17db2.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PSP]
Members
6,241 posts
8,880 battles
58 minutes ago, b101uk said:

just blacklist the person?

That doesn't stop the pings.

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,640 posts
7,466 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Really it still doest? Wow.

It'd fix so many issues if blacklisting someone prevented this.

[CAST]
Members
1,424 posts
5,956 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Yep.  I just report the mass pingers for misbehavior in chat, which does nothing but hey--at least I get to click things, too.

• Funny 1

Members
706 posts

then maybe rather than turn off pings, if someone is blacklisted by you, then their pings etc should also not be displayed.

that way, you still get to see the odd ping, but nefarious "pingers" can be dealt with easily.

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,555 posts

For once we're in agreement on something. I usually see people ping the same spot half a dozen times, most of the time I just tell them to calm down and lay off the caffeine.
Perhaps in the future they'll put it on a cooldown so you can only ping the map once every few seconds

[HAG]
Beta Testers
318 posts
4,074 battles

I also think that I should be able to to block map pings via blacklist, since that is one of the reasons I blacklist someone.

[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles

I'm pretty sure a lot of the time its someone who is chat banned taking it out on everyone by abusing the F Keys. I don't get salty very much, but this bugs the crap out of me... We had one of those on the red team mashing all the F keys.... 

"Dude...please..."

F1

F5

etc

etc

"That's it, you die first..."

*Gets spotted, entire team unloads, Davos gets the kill*

"Bye." 

I'm not usually like that, but nobody likes that kind of behavior. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
6,659 posts
25,692 battles

It is something way overdue. I can't understand why it is not a feature yet, considering it was asked over and over.

Abuse of spamming F-Keys should be punished. Blocking should work, and people blocked more than N-times should be chat banned by the system automatically, pings and F-keys included, with a progressive scale in days for repeat offenders.

[LANCE]
Members
306 posts
3,246 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I'm pretty sure a lot of the time its someone who is chat banned taking it out on everyone by abusing the F Keys. I don't get salty very much, but this bugs the crap out of me... We had one of those on the red team mashing all the F keys.... 

"Dude...please..."

F1

F5

etc

etc

"Bye." 

I’m sure I was on your team when this happened as I remember that!! That was when I discovered that black-listing someone doesn’t affect the “F” keys! It was bloody infuriating but hilarious your response and seeing it stopped when you killed him!! 

Community Department
2,106 posts
520 battles
4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Excessive pinging gets annoying and distracts from the game.

Spoiler

shot-18_07.23_01_55.06-0565.jpg.928f6bc773c5970eb124820188c17db2.jpg

To say on subjeсt we will not have such option to turn them off completely in the future as well as chat. But we will develop the functionality to prevent such spam. As for now there is a notification for spamer after two quick messages to warn such behavior:
-miUC0t0Lyw.jpg
We'll increase the duration of notification if we see bad results. 

• Bad 2

[4HIM]
Members
1,799 posts
4,058 battles

Need a cool down on F keys as a MINIMUM.  Had one game where a DD on our team just sailed around in circles at the back of the map pinging "I need support!" key CONSTANTLY.  It is annoying as all get out.  Map pings are just as annoying as well.  Especially just as the battle starts someone constantly pings the A-10 square.  Not like an enemy ship is there at that time.  And even if they were, they'd be essentially out of the battle anyway.  I haven't seen a lot of games lately where this happens, but when it does it's so annoying I'd just as soon exit the game and take my pink penalty just to not have to listen to it.  

[PSP]
Members
6,241 posts
8,880 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

To say on subjeсt we will not have such option to turn them off completely in the future as well as chat. But we will develop the functionality to prevent such spam. As for now there is a notification for spamer after two quick messages to warn such behavior:
-miUC0t0Lyw.jpg

Thank you for the response. I think this may help. One of the problems is those who have an Autohotkey or other macro that sends multiple mouse clicks every time they send a F-message or ping.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
4 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

"Dude...please..."

F1

F5

etc

etc

"Bye." 

Oh that's good except when they are on YOUR team. We had a psycho this morning who pinged for air support a couple dozen times, then goes out and TK's a team mate... I personally want the option to shut down the entire red team as well. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,368 posts
3,561 battles
7 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Oh that's good except when they are on YOUR team. We had a psycho this morning who pinged for air support a couple dozen times, then goes out and TK's a team mate... I personally want the option to shut down the entire red team as well. 

Yeah, all you can do now is report them...but yeah, you want to TK them just to shut them up... :Smile_playing:

10 hours ago, Bravo4zero said:

I’m sure I was on your team when this happened as I remember that!! That was when I discovered that black-listing someone doesn’t affect the “F” keys! It was bloody infuriating but hilarious your response and seeing it stopped when you killed him!! 

Oh man...I'm almost NEVER salty like that. Someone has to REALLY ask for it, like that dude did. Sorry you had to see me like that really. I'm usually the "class clown" not Pennywise just taking people out like that... See you on the high seas! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[LANCE]
Members
306 posts
3,246 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Oh man...I'm almost NEVER salty like that. Someone has to REALLY ask for it, like that dude did. Sorry you had to see me like that really. I'm usually the "class clown" not Pennywise just taking people out like that... See you on the high seas! :Smile_honoring:

Seriously mate, I believe everyone in that game was thankful you did what you did!!

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,600 posts
18,189 battles
12 hours ago, turbo07 said:

-miUC0t0Lyw.jpg

That is a shame because your customers have been asking for the ability to mute spammers for as long as I have played the game. Such a simple quality of life improvement that makes actual sense and your company is ignoring it.... When I read your statement all I can think is that Wargaming is happy that a few people are ruining the game experience for the other players. I am sure that does wonders for player retention or helps drive sales... So out of touch it is mind blowing. 

To the OP, I found a solution actually. I have all the sounds turned off or set so low that I can not hear anything at all. I did this originally because the stupid "BATTLE STARTS" was louder than all other voiced sounds in the game and also because the explosion when you are sunk was too loud and I could not find the particular slider that fixed it. I ended up just pushing all of them down so low that there is no noise. Makes for a more pleasant game, almost relaxing with no noise or music going. The other interesting side effect of muting everything is the program is far more stable now, no crashes after every few PvP matches. I have had zero issues with the game since I did this.

• Cool 1

[JUICE]
Members
819 posts
6,369 battles

The F keys should work just like  the now infamous "horn" except with a much smaller timer that is the easiest way to fix the problem.

• Cool 1

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
15 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

BWmZ5fc.gif

Love that movie.

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
12 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

The ones that get me are the ones that ask for AA support and theres no carriers in the match...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
4,821 posts
5,596 battles
2 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

The ones that get me are the ones that ask for AA support and theres no carriers in the match...

Sometimes I hit that F-key by accident when trying to ask for regular support...

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
12 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Sometimes I hit that F-key by accident when trying to ask for regular support...

I dont hit the f keys after contact with the red key. Im not familiar with them enough to use them without taking more then 1 or 2 seconds and theres usually too much going on. I do listen for them for alerts on ships to help focus down a target. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Hit any f key three times in succession and you get told "you use the key too much". It blocks you for a few seconds. Yet I have seen players ask for air again, again, again... at least nine or ten times, probably once a second. I'm "sure" they can code that option out of there real easy like...

IF THEY WANTED TO.:cap_haloween::cap_like:

• Cool 1