You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blorgh2017

Next ship on sale, for July 23rd: Prinz Eugen at 30% off sale

43 comments in this topic

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,457 posts
3,383 battles

According to WoWs Asia server, next ship for the daily sale on July 23rd is... Prinz Eugen!

Spoiler

Untitled000a.thumb.png.149096400ff8f91f2e91d8f95f4429c6.png

That's in Korean, mind you. But I think we can all guess what it says, lol.

Spoiler

1450725622_Prinz-Eugen-Kantai-Collection-Anime-anime-gif-2608342.thumb.gif.012e8e8a7bede5c9616595fbda4465a6.gif

It's finally her turn! Hooray! xD

Personally, I think she was a gud bote even before the buff that gave her Repair Party. Now, she seems like an even bettah bote. I highly recommend. Git her nao, lel.

No wait, I heard the NA server updates around... 4:30 am? So I guess we still have several hours left with Atago... but git her when it's her turn, lul.

For more info, please refer to Miss Maus' wonderful review, right here.

Edited by Blorgh2017

[SIDE]
Members
730 posts
3,274 battles

I'm on the fence as well. The only thing that's really stopping me is that she's tier 8.... Big difference between tier 7 and tier 8.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,457 posts
3,383 battles
Just now, Merlox said:

I'm on the fence as well. The only thing that's really stopping me is that she's tier 8.... Big difference between tier 7 and tier 8.

I already have her, because she's a German, lol (I collect all Premium ship of Germany). She was one of my first purchases, along with Shiny Horse and Derpitz. No regret what so ever. She's a very gud bote.

Of course, that's just me. You gotta weigh your options carefully, since she still isn't exactly cheap, even with 30% discount. xD

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
3 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

According to WoWs Asia server, next ship for the daily sale on July 23rd is... Prinz Eugen!

Reveal hidden contents

Untitled000a.thumb.png.149096400ff8f91f2e91d8f95f4429c6.png

That's in Korean, mind you. But I think we can all guess what it says, lol.

Reveal hidden contents

1450725622_Prinz-Eugen-Kantai-Collection-Anime-anime-gif-2608342.thumb.gif.012e8e8a7bede5c9616595fbda4465a6.gif

It's finally her turn! Hooray! xD

Personally, I think she was a gud bote even before the buff that gave her Repair Party. Now, she seems like an even bettah bote. I highly recommend. Git her nao, lel.

No wait, I heard the NA server updates around... 4:30 am? So I guess we still have several hours left with Atago... but git her when it's her turn, lul.

For more info, please refer to Miss Maus' wonderful review, right here.

Hmm. I am sad.  I STILL WANT 50% OFF ANSHAN! WG, DO IT!

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,139 posts
14,547 battles

Fabulous Cruiser, but remember... It's a Cruiser.  You're not sailing around fat, dumb, happy, and well armored in a High Tier Battleship.

The Repair Party that was added to Prinz Eugen is a big deal, but can be easily wasted with poor play.  The Repair Party is a way for Prinz Eugen to bounce back after getting into fights with other Cruisers and Destroyers.  But it will not help you if you are out there eating Battleship AP.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,457 posts
3,383 battles
2 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

Hmm. I am sad.  I STILL WANT 50% OFF ANSHAN! WG, DO IT!

Sure, I bet Anshan will be 50% off when it's her turn, since she's a Tier VI bote. But you gotta wait for her turn. Have some patience, please.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,457 posts
3,383 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Fabulous Cruiser, but remember... It's a Cruiser.  You're not sailing around fat, dumb, happy, and well armored in a High Tier Battleship.

The Repair Party that was added to Prinz Eugen is a big deal, but can be easily wasted with poor play.  The Repair Party is a way for Prinz Eugen to bounce back after getting into fights with other Cruisers and Destroyers.  But it will not help you if you are out there eating Battleship AP.

Great advice... but isn't it pretty much true for all cruiser, whether they have a Repair Party or not?

Cruiser meets battleship. Battleship mauls cruiser. Cruiser cries. The end. LOL.

Life of a cruiser... is tough. xD

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
15 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Sure, I bet Anshan will be 50% off when it's her turn, since she's a Tier VI bote. But you gotta wait for her turn. Have some patience, please.

There's so many premiums, that I fear she won't be featured in this event. :Smile_sad:

Every day that she isn't the premium of the day is one day closer to her not being in it at all.

Edited by legoboy0401

[WPP]
Members
517 posts
5,468 battles
6 minutes ago, legoboy0401 said:

There's so many premiums, that I fear she won't be featured in this event. :Smile_sad:

Every day that she isn't the premium of the day is one day closer to her not being in it at all.

My thought too.  Why would they sell a $20 ship 30% off when they can sell a $50 ship half off?  $14 vs $25 for them.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,139 posts
14,547 battles

Here are Prinz Eugen's Perma-Camo values, compared to Admiral Hipper's own.

GNZIbmj.jpg

The Type 30 is the one that Prinz Eugen comes with.  The Adler camo was a separate purchase when I got her when the ship first came out, so it's probably like that today still.  It costed doubloons back in the day.  My Prinz Eugen is sporting the Adler camo.

Way back in the day, I liked Hipper enough to get her Perma-Camo.  Then some time later, WG rolls out Prinz Eugen.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF5]
Members
277 posts
5,221 battles

I am on the fence for this one.  The biggest issue for me is that I play PvE only and there are no operations for German T8s.  And I have the HSF Graf Spee for playing T6 operations.  My German cruiser line is at T8 too.

Any news of WG have operations that will allow German T8s coming in the future?

[INTEL]
Members
8,588 posts
25,732 battles
16 hours ago, bigbearbeear said:

I am on the fence for this one.  The biggest issue for me is that I play PvE only and there are no operations for German T8s.  And I have the HSF Graf Spee for playing T6 operations.  My German cruiser line is at T8 too.

I wouldn't worry. Sooner or later....

[4HIM]
Members
1,806 posts
4,101 battles
1 hour ago, bigbearbeear said:

WoWS really does need an Op for Axis ships.  Two now only for Allies (Hermes, Cherry Blossom).  

[POP]
Members
1,165 posts
15,080 battles

WG sell T-61 half price next :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 3

[13CLM]
Members
218 posts
1,220 battles

For $35, I might just leave her alone, at 50% off I would gotten her. I just made T8 Hipper on the german cruiser line. Does the Prinz Eugen, play that much different then Hipper? I have the Graf Spree and love to play her at T6.

[SBS]
Members
2,475 posts
2,253 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

WG sell T-61 half price next :Smile_teethhappy:

I think most people would settle for selling it at full price.  Well, BB mains might not be into that.

[POP]
Members
1,165 posts
15,080 battles
15 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I think most people would settle for selling it at full price.  Well, BB mains might not be into that.

I think the reason why its not live yet is although there is only tier 8 and few premium ships below that tier that have radar T -61 is probable 1 of the few ships that can actually counter radar effectively and since the meta IS RADAR this ship would throw a spanner in the works so to speak, just my theory on why it has failed to be released.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,796 battles
30 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I think the reason why its not live yet is although there is only tier 8 and few premium ships below that tier that have radar T -61 is probable 1 of the few ships that can actually counter radar effectively and since the meta IS RADAR this ship would throw a spanner in the works so to speak, just my theory on why it has failed to be released.

I beleive Wargaming may be trying to implement Funkgerät  or  Navy Kriegsmarine Radar Equipment by trying to fit radar & RDF equipment aboard our beloved T-61.
This made the bote effectively the T-61 FuG outfitted with the FuMO radarset as pictured below:

kriegsmarine-destroyers.jpg

PGSD506.png

Edited by Gerbertz
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,165 posts
15,080 battles
11 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

I beleive Wargaming may be trying to implement Funkgerät  or  Navy Kriegsmarine Radar Equipment by trying to fit radar & RDF equipment aboard our beloved T-61.
This made the bote effectively the T-61 FuG as pictured below:

kriegsmarine-destroyers.jpg

That's it @Gerbertz T - 61 first DD to be tested with radar jamming consumable during testing, WG realizing to effective against radar shelved ship :Smile_teethhappy:  

• Funny 1

[POP]
Members
858 posts
9,796 battles
33 minutes ago, tm63au said:

That's it @Gerbertz T - 61 first DD to be tested with radar jamming consumable during testing, WG realizing to effective against radar shelved ship :Smile_teethhappy:  

I'd pay 5400 doubloons for that!

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,343 posts
4,275 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The Type 30 is the one that Prinz Eugen comes with.  The Adler camo was a separate purchase when I got her when the ship first came out, so it's probably like that today still.  It costed doubloons back in the day.

IF the Adler camo came with the ship as she is being sold at this price, I could be tempted. I might be tempted anyway, given the commander XP bonus implicit in the regular camo.

The repair only makes it juicier.

The only thing is... my best British captain is already four points more advanced, and it's probably a waste of effort to change grinds.

Now if that new Edinburgh camo they're talking about would only come with a commander bonus.... ahh, that would be just great.

[THICC]
Members
68 posts
166 battles

Is it as good as the Huanghe in terms of maneuverability ?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,811 posts
10,336 battles

Pay $35 to be a punching bag for T10 battleships?

Nope.

[-AH-]
[-AH-]
Members
664 posts
3,394 battles

Prinz Eugen is my favorite Cruiser in the game, highly recommend her. The only drawback with her is you might start to neglect your Hipper. :Smile_sad:

I don't know about you guys but the heal+Premium benefits makes the Eugen way more fun and rewarding to play than hipper. I still love them both though.