You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

24 comments in this topic

[WEHR]
Modder
9 posts
8,166 battles

For the last few months, i have met even more bots than i met in last year.

they don't talk, give no reply to anyone, pointing  their main guns to somewhere random sometimes even opposite direction of all enemy, run along the board of the map in max speed no matter a destroyer or battleship, few of them have camouflage on, hardly fire even over 40 seconds, and i never saw them shoot ap shells.

i can't convince myself they are new to the game, because that's what going on in tier 7 to tier 10 games, normal people can't learn nothing after hundred games, that's not Pavlov.

i learned from a friend transfer from CN server(yes it exist), it seems bot can be a way to claim up tech tree without paying any attention,about 200 to 300 base exp per battle, and it's less than 20 bucks for each tier ten ship there.

can any process be taken to entirely remove this kind of cancer in game? they are good for nothing in this game. like adding a post battle exp, which player gonna lose 400 basic exp on the ship for no matter what they did, so that bots can never reach to next tier.

• Funny 1

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Robert Downey Jr Tony Stark GIF - RobertDowneyJr TonyStark IronMan GIFs

Edited by torpsRus
  • Cool 1

Members
49 posts
2,596 battles

Wait if I'm reading that right, you want to add 400 exp tax for all players? Just to prevent bots from advancing up the tech tree? Yeah kind of a overkill solution that would piss off a lot of players. It may exist but I don't think its an overly serious problem (at least on the NA server),  best solution is to report suspected bots and let WG police it their own way. 

Edited by js23

[DAY]
Members
1,177 posts
11,654 battles

just tell WG to hire a few more people to manually ban the bots

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,849 posts
12,582 battles

@Cardeas_1st Record the names of the suspects and put them in a support ticket to customer service. None of us here can do anything about it other than report it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,560 battles

You'd think they could easily detect this by:

1) detecting players who have > 60(ish) games a day.

2) Look at average battle damage numbers < 2,000

3) Put these folks on a 'Watch List' and save the replay of the next battle.

4) Examine the replay and take appropriate action (not allowed to discuss that here) to see that this activity is discouraged.

Members
9,957 posts

Sorry, but you lost all credibility to me when you claimed that server transfers were a real thing....

Members
60 posts
10,526 battles

28 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

You'd think they could easily detect this by:

1) detecting players who have > 60(ish) games a day.

2) Look at average battle damage numbers < 2,000

3) Put these folks on a 'Watch List' and save the replay of the next battle.

4) Examine the replay and take appropriate action (not allowed to discuss that here) to see that this activity is discouraged.

Not a bad idea, but if m y old memory serves me right, there was a option on the in-game reporting that you think the player is a bot. It strange how that went away. does WG even care if there are bots in the game. You and I do cause it drives us up the wall. For others it just adds to there wallet.

[PSP]
Members
6,225 posts
8,853 battles

So he's saying that they "bot" to tier up ships on the Chinese server than transfer those accounts to the NA server and sell them? I suppose that this could technically be done but you would have to be a WG employee or have hacked into their main system in order to do so. If this were the case then using a bot to level up an account would not be necessary because you could just create an account with all of the techs and ships already researched. When I was a Corgi I had one such account. I'll probably never get to play some of those ships again as it's taken me a year and a half to just get one tier X researched.

That said, I have seen some really strange bot-like behavior. Several times I've seen a ship do nothing the entire match until it is fired upon, at which time it then starts to play the game. Of course, this could be someone who joins the game and then starts doing something else until they hear their ship being attacked too.

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
413 posts
8,087 battles

I'll bite. What is the definition of a "Bot" in Warships?

In Random games, I read players in chat box saying so-so is a bot. Even when I do see that such player (or "Bot") as a clan tag, and a name. What does that mean?

It is my understanding that a "Bot" is a ship that is controlled by the Warships script. Or is there another explanation I'm not aware of?

[WFR]
Members
433 posts
7 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

I'll bite. What is the definition of a "Bot" in Warships?

In Random games, I read players in chat box saying so-so is a bot. Even when I do see that such player (or "Bot") as a clan tag, and a name. What does that mean?

It is my understanding that a "Bot" is a ship that is controlled by the Warships script. Or is there another explanation I'm not aware of?

they're discussing a third party program which will play the game for you in some way. after a few days/weeks of this program running straight through, you have all your tech trees unlocked.

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
413 posts
8,087 battles
13 minutes ago, SinisterSe7en said:

they're discussing a third party program which will play the game for you in some way. after a few days/weeks of this program running straight through, you have all your tech trees unlocked.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F...

Members
27 posts
1,093 battles

The scary part: At first I laughed because I thought this was said tongue-in-cheek and you were referring to taxing new players who were terrible.  Then I realized, "No, there may really be something here."

I guess I haven't noticed it.  I'll have to watch out.  Can anyone tell me a strategy for a business or hackers or whoever for fielding bots?  

Why?

Members
140 posts
12,970 battles
11 hours ago, SinisterSe7en said:

You mean to say that's an actual thing? I had no idea what it actually meant.

Frankly I'm glad that WG has removed the "is bot" report option. It's just so easily abused. 

Yesterday I was in a T4 New Dawn domination match and forgot to disable chat like I usually do.  A particularly skillful red Izy was squirreled away in B racking up kills. I take it upon myself as a Clemson driver to tackle enemy DDs as a priority, but to quote the Wicked Witch of the West, "these things must be done delicately." The timing, the approach, the entrance and exit, all of these aspects need to be considered when I'm about to take on an obviously competent opponent. 

I'm wheeling around to set up my attack when this [edited] on our team driving a pay-to-play Krispy Kreme pipes up and says, "any reason why we haven't taken B yet?"

That's when i remembered why I usually turn off chat, but too late; I fell for it. I had to answer this clown who clearly has not been paying attention, is oblivious to what's transpired inside that cap where a couple of teammates recently expired, and can't read the minimap which shows that Izy's last known position among the wreck outlines of our fellows. I had to answer.

I said "yes" to his question. He says "And?" I'm trying to drive, but now I'm distracted. "That red Izy," I reply. Which launches him into a scathing tirade against me, how I'm a coward for letting one DD stop me (even though he's closer to B than I am at this point), yada yada super unicum yada. I didn't catch all of it. I'm too busy looking at the minimap. I realize he's blocking my run on that Izy, and other stuff is transpiring, so I break it off and go after a weakened cruiser south at C that needed finishing.

About this time he says in all-chat, "report Ziggy as bot."

That's pretty low. I wasn't playing the way he wanted me to -- I wasn't sacrificing myself for him -- so he has to punish me somehow. Thankfully the "report as bot" option is long gone, but it was his intent that really rubbed me the wrong way. What bothered me the most was that I had forgotten to turn chat off in the first place. 

This guy, though.

We lost, of course. I gave him my "misbehavior in chat" reward, but the actual satisfaction came from placing well above him on the post-match leaderboard. I thought it might turn out that way.

I've blacklisted him, but the funny thing is that he posts here on the forum, and I looked through his history a bit and he's not really toxic here as far as I could briefly tell. I don't want to see him in a match again though. And as I suspected, he has half the experience I have but oh no, he *knows everything.*

Thinking about changing my signature to "Report Ziggy as bot." 

Then again, I'd rather just forget the whole thing.

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague

[YORHA]
Members
3,319 posts
5 minutes ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

You mean to say that's an actual thing? I had no idea what it actually meant.

Frankly I'm glad that WG has removed the "is bot" report option. It's just so easily abused. 

Yesterday I was in a T4 New Dawn domination match and forgot to disable chat like I usually do.  A particularly skillful red Izy was holed up in B racking up kills. I take it upon myself as a Clemson driver to tackle enemy DDs as a priority, but to quote the Wicked Witch of the West, "these things must be done delicately." The timing, the approach, the entrance and exit, all of these aspects need to be considered when I'm about to take on an obviously competent opponent. 

I'm wheeling around to set up my attack when this [edited] on our team driving a pay-to-play Krispy Kreme pipes up and says, "any reason why we haven't taken B yet?"

That's when i remembered why I usually turn off chat, but too late; I fell for it. I had to answer this clown who clearly has not been paying attention, is oblivious to what's transpired inside that cap where a couple of teammates recently expired, and can't read the minimap which shows that Izy's last known position among the wreck outlines of our fellows. I had to answer.

I said "yes" to his question. He says "And?" I'm trying to drive, but now I'm distracted. "That red Izy," I reply. Which launches him into a scathing tirade against me, how I'm a coward for letting one DD stop me (even though he's closer to B than I am at this point), yada yada super unicum yada. I didn't catch all of it. I'm too busy looking at the minimap. I realize he's blocking my run on that Izy, and other stuff is transpiring, so I break it off and go after a weakened cruiser south at C that needed finishing.

About this time he says in all-chat, "report Ziggy as bot."

That's pretty low. I wasn't playing the way he wanted me to -- I wasn't sacrificing myself for him -- so he has to punish me somehow. Thankfully the "report as bot" option is long gone, but it was the intent that really rubbed me the wrong way. What bothered me the most was that I had forgotten to turn chat off in the first place. 

This guy, though.

We lost, of course. I gave him my "misbehavior in chat" reward, but the actual satisfaction came from placing well above him on the post-match leaderboard. I thought it might turn out that way.

I've blacklisted him, but the funny thing is that he posts here on the forum, and I looked through his history a bit and he's not really toxic here as far as I could briefly tell. I don't want to see him in a match again though. And as I suspected, he has half the experience I have but oh no, he *knows everything.*

Thinking about changing my signature to "Report Ziggy as bot." 

Then again, I'd rather just forget the whole thing.

Reported as bot.

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Beta Testers
991 posts
8,986 battles
14 hours ago, Cardeas_1st said:

...adding a post battle exp, which player gonna lose 400 basic exp on the ship for no matter what they did, so that bots can never reach to next tier.

I didn’t know Bernie played WOWS.  

Members
140 posts
12,970 battles
19 hours ago, Cardeas_1st said:

they don't talk

That's definitely me, as long as I've remembered to disable chat. 

give no reply to anyone

That's definitely me. As long as I've remembered to disable chat, then how could I possibly reply to you? And why would I want to? I"m much more interested in you doing your job in the match as least as good as I'm doing mine. Meanwhile, I'd much rather focus on winning the battle at hand rather than whatever's going on in the chat box. I'm too busy trying to do my best for my team. The minimap and other elements of the GUI already tell me what I need to know. I don't have time or attention to spare for the toxic chat during a match.

pointing  their main guns to somewhere random sometimes even opposite direction of all enemy

That could be me. You don't have my point of view (or my experience) and you don't know what I'm looking at. I'm aiming in a direction away from the spotted enemy because I have reason to suspect an unspotted enemy elsewhere. I'm watching the minimap and I'm turning. On some larger ships, the turret speed is quite a bit slower than the ship's turning speed. I have the main guns pointing away from the enemy before making the turn, so that when the turn is complete the guns are now pointing in the correct direction. That's much faster than turning the ship first, and then waiting for the turrets to spin 300 degrees. I'm in a better position than you are to meet a new threat you weren't even aware of. 

run along the board of the map in max speed no matter a destroyer or battleship

In a destroyer? That could certainly be me.

few of them have camouflage on

That could be me. If I'm not in Random then I probably don't have camo on. I don't use signal flags in Random or Co-op, and I don't use camo in Co-op.

hardly fire even over 40 seconds

That could be me. My goal with a Clemson is to be alive and well for the end game. That's when my effectiveness is greatest. From time to time, I can even change an impending defeat into a surprise victory. In order to do this, I'm not going to needlessly give away my position by firing indiscriminately. I will reveal myself if I have an opportunity to finish a wounded opponent, or if I need to reset cap, or re-start a fire on an enemy BB that just burned out, or other particular conditions. I probably won't fire when you think I should. Instead, I'll most definitely fire when I know I need to.

i never saw them shoot ap shells.

That's definitely me. You never see me shooting AP because it can't start fires. In other words, coming from a destroyer, small-caliber AP is inferior to HE as it simply bounces off the target with little effect. However, I can start fires and watch them burn by shooting HE exclusively. And when those fires go out, I can start them up again. With. H. E.

So yes, I guess it's really true after all: "Report Ziggy as bot."

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,401 posts
9,560 battles

"What are you doing over there???"

My answer, "Poi".

"Report AVR as a bot."

My answer, "Poi".

"So how is the Shiratsuyu as a DD??"

My answer, "Poi".

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,174 posts
18,873 battles

Had people calling me a bot.

Did more damage then they, got more xp, won the game. Still lose karma for being a bot.

From WoT you can derive that a player with a extrem high battle count per day plus a low average XP usually to two things: he just do enough that he don't get zero XP (fire a few salvos and yolo into the enemy/ sail to the corner of the map) and go AFK (the old just elaving the game isn't working anymore) or he is using a bot. I had seen some of them and they are utterly crap. One bot sailed only along the 0 line and start shooting at cruisers/BB after they got spotted and ignored my DD in front of him.Other do things like firing only AP. Which isn't the most clever thing to do if you are in a Cleveland and use it at max range against a angled BB.

Members
569 posts

let me get this straight

If I sail my ship to the Border Shoot every 40 seconds using only HE.

Never type in  chat even when asked a direct question.

I will get 300 exp?

Seems Fair to me.

How does that make me a BOT?

[WEHR]
Modder
9 posts
8,166 battles
On 2018/7/23 at 12:27 PM, Ziggy_Sprague said:

That's definitely me, as long as I've remembered to disable chat. 

That's definitely me. As long as I've remembered to disable chat, then how could I possibly reply to you? And why would I want to? I"m much more interested in you doing your job in the match as least as good as I'm doing mine. Meanwhile, I'd much rather focus on winning the battle at hand rather than whatever's going on in the chat box. I'm too busy trying to do my best for my team. The minimap and other elements of the GUI already tell me what I need to know. I don't have time or attention to spare for the toxic chat during a match.

That could be me. You don't have my point of view (or my experience) and you don't know what I'm looking at. I'm aiming in a direction away from the spotted enemy because I have reason to suspect an unspotted enemy elsewhere. I'm watching the minimap and I'm turning. On some larger ships, the turret speed is quite a bit slower than the ship's turning speed. I have the main guns pointing away from the enemy before making the turn, so that when the turn is complete the guns are now pointing in the correct direction. That's much faster than turning the ship first, and then waiting for the turrets to spin 300 degrees. I'm in a better position than you are to meet a new threat you weren't even aware of. 

In a destroyer? That could certainly be me.

That could be me. If I'm not in Random then I probably don't have camo on. I don't use signal flags in Random or Co-op, and I don't use camo in Co-op.

That could be me. My goal with a Clemson is to be alive and well for the end game. That's when my effectiveness is greatest. From time to time, I can even change an impending defeat into a surprise victory. In order to do this, I'm not going to needlessly give away my position by firing indiscriminately. I will reveal myself if I have an opportunity to finish a wounded opponent, or if I need to reset cap, or re-start a fire on an enemy BB that just burned out, or other particular conditions. I probably won't fire when you think I should. Instead, I'll most definitely fire when I know I need to.

That's definitely me. You never see me shooting AP because it can't start fires. In other words, coming from a destroyer, small-caliber AP is inferior to HE as it simply bounces off the target with little effect. However, I can start fires and watch them burn by shooting HE exclusively. And when those fires go out, I can start them up again. With. H. E.

So yes, I guess it's really true after all: "Report Ziggy as bot."

dude, i am sorry if you feels  being pointed, but i can definitely tell the difference between  bot and silence player and mostly in tier 7 or higher.

[WEHR]
Modder
9 posts
8,166 battles
On 2018/7/23 at 1:52 PM, _Lord_Scott_ said:

let me get this straight

If I sail my ship to the Border Shoot every 40 seconds using only HE.

Never type in  chat even when asked a direct question.

I will get 300 exp?

Seems Fair to me.

How does that make me a BOT?

i can only promise you the game will be sooooo boring and you may unable fight that way till the last second. players in low tier doing that thing is acceptable, everyone came from zero, in high tier like 7+? whoever doing that in purpose deserve those reports