Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

Fiji for my birthday ride.

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles

Yep, 45 years old today.

I unlocked her yesterday, but waited till today. Now, I liked the Leander, but this feels like a very different beast to me. Game was running like crap, but this is my second game in her:

yCF5oK1.jpg

Can't buy a win, but its not her fault. God save the Queen! I've wanted this one since I got the Belfast. I might like her more? Is that wrong? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,464
[AXANR]
Members
3,363 posts
16,645 battles
26 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep, 45 years old today.

I unlocked her yesterday, but waited till today. Now, I liked the Leander, but this feels like a very different beast to me. Game was running like crap, but this is my second game in her:

yCF5oK1.jpg

Can't buy a win, but its not her fault. God save the Queen! I've wanted this one since I got the Belfast. I might like her more? Is that wrong? 

Nope, not wrong. Fiji is my favorite cruiser in the game, except for *maybe* Worcester. I prefer her to Belfast, as I tend to use smoke defensively and prefer having heals and torps instead of radar and HE. They're both good ships, and I'll even grant that Belfast might be the better ship for many players, I just love my Fiji.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HINON]
Members
2,257 posts
6,309 battles

rejoice for Fiji is life! also happy birthday Davos!

Fiji > Belfast every time, there is no changing my mind

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
280
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,236 posts
4,801 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yep, 45 years old today.

Aw heck! Your still a kid!  Happy Birthday! :Smile_great:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[HELLS]
Members
1,702 posts
15,518 battles
16 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Thanks guys! :cap_like: This one is looking like a keeper. 

It is! I kept mine. Happy Birthday! I'm +26 on you!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,981 posts
9,916 battles

 Happy Birthday my friend !    By the way picked up anymore of those mini-models from 'Cracker Barrel" ?

:Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles
7 hours ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

 Happy Birthday my friend !    By the way picked up anymore of those mini-models from 'Cracker Barrel" ?

:Smile_honoring:

Afraid not...they have been sold out for months and months. :Smile_sad: I look every time my kids drag me there, LOL. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles

Well, game was still laaaaaaaging on me...

But man is this thing a blast.

AP seems pretty nasty to almost anything. 

stealth is pretty dang good for a CL. 

Torps are very usable. 

Yeah, your squishy as all hell. But you hide well, LOL. 

I tell you what, if you want to make friends fast, this is the boat. How? Find the Atlanta on your team...when he posts up, get behind him and smoke up... Then both of you focus fire whatever...oh man does it make the other team salty! :Smile_teethhappy: Myself and a Hotlanta made our way alllll the way around the one side of Two Brothers and got 4 kills between us...ended up capping out.  Karma for everyone! :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles
1 hour ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I'm sorry but hearing a 45 year old plays video games just makes me really sad :(.

 

Err....okay? At what age should I have quit? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles

Well, I gave this game its own thread...but I feel like posting it here to...Not every day a scrub like me get a Kraken...Less than a dozen games in this thing!!!

9uv3PcS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles

Well..went 0 for 5 before I rage quit tonight....the "highlight?" was me getting left abandoned by my team during what I thought was a push... Red dd came around the island, and I guess we thought "ram" at the same time...

vticcIE.jpg

 

Sigh. I guess I "won" the battle, but lost war...took a Fury taco out as well. Something about getting a Die hard in CL make me happy for some reason... :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[THOR]
Members
88 posts
3,319 battles
On 7/24/2018 at 3:50 PM, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I'm sorry but hearing a 45 year old plays video games just makes me really sad :(.

I am 65 does this depress you. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles
20 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

I am 65 does this depress you. ?

 

I'm cool with it, but I think I scared him off...oh well.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9
[THOR]
Members
88 posts
3,319 battles

I just got the Fiji few weeks ago. Just a couple of games in it. How do you play it? Island humping kiting? I have not checked the YouTube videos yet. Forgive my manners and happy birthday and congrats with your birthday gift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles

Thanks!

Are far as play style, yeah, you want to use cover as much as you can...open water is not her friend, as EVERYTHING can pen you. Even with smoke, try to have an island behind or in front of you, as you WILL get radared, rushed, etc. Smoke in open water is neon sign saying: PUT TORPS HERE FOR BIG BOOM!!" 

I have a ton of games in an Atlanta, and she reminds me of that...you can't float shells over everything like a Atlanta, but you have smoke so the reds hopefully won't see you stick your nose or butt out to shoot them...Hope that helps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles

I am torn...I want to keep going with this grind...but I keep having games like this:

Pxy3edC.jpg

 

I burned some coal to get Jack Dunkirk... So, put him on Fiji when I unlock the Edinburgh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,940
[ARGSY]
Members
6,226 posts
4,207 battles

Unless you want the Edinburgh to play in Tier 8 and attempt the permanent campaigns, think twice about moving up. True, you get 9km concealment, but you need every bit of it. True, you get radar as an option, but your smoke stays at home and you find yourself playing a very different game.  And you see Tier 10 all the damn time, and it can get a bit wearying if you're not otherwise used to that sort of play.

Fiji was more fun. If you have other Tier 8-plus ships and don't NEED the Edinburgh, stop right there because you're already at the sweet spot. 

OTOH, if you badly want the Minotaur, then by all means proceed.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles
10 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Unless you want the Edinburgh to play in Tier 8 and attempt the permanent campaigns, think twice about moving up. True, you get 9km concealment, but you need every bit of it. True, you get radar as an option, but your smoke stays at home and you find yourself playing a very different game.  And you see Tier 10 all the damn time, and it can get a bit wearying if you're not otherwise used to that sort of play.

Fiji was more fun. If you have other Tier 8-plus ships and don't NEED the Edinburgh, stop right there because you're already at the sweet spot. 

OTOH, if you badly want the Minotaur, then by all means proceed.

 

Yeah, that is what I'm thinking...I have two other Tier 8 CA, but a Eugen and Martel are very different than Ed....but yeah, radar radar everywhere. The thing is these RN CLs seem to suit me for some reason...I think I would like a Minotaur better than my HIV...it would give me choices for Clan wars as well...Hmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles

Well, finally cracked 100k in her...never did that in the Belfast...I know others do, but there it is...

R6Fb1SN.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[DS-DL]
Members
81 posts
On 7/24/2018 at 3:51 PM, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

 

Err....okay? At what age should I have quit? 

I turned 49 a coupla weeks ago, I'll update this thread when I quit so you have a frame of reference...
Don't hold your breath though, I spent a college tuition on Space Invaders in Grade School, and probably a card deck worth of graduate degrees since on any number of games.

Edited by i_r_sensitive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
946
[BBICT]
Members
3,367 posts
3,561 battles
5 minutes ago, i_r_sensitive said:

I turned 49 a coupla weeks ago, I'll update this thread when I quit so you have a frame of reference...
Don't hold your breath though, I spent a college tuition on Space Invaders in Grade School, and probably a card deck worth of graduate degrees since on any number of games.

 

I know right? They even say playing games helps keep your brain active. Hey, it works for me. Its better than watching the crap that passes for TV today...Okay, now I sound like an old man, LOL. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[DS-DL]
Members
81 posts
1 minute ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

 

I know right? They even say playing games helps keep your brain active. Hey, it works for me. Its better than watching the crap that passes for TV today...Okay, now I sound like an old man, LOL. 

Hah!
Right, it's the kids who generally need to put down the controllerkeyboard and go be active outside...as long as they stay off my damn lawn!

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×