You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles

So I've been looking at some german designs and found something interesting.

Some proposals to replace the Panzerschiffe with new battlecruisers.  Particularly the O, P and Q classes.

Armament: 3x2 380mm (14.96"), 3x2 150mm (5.9"), 4x2 105mm (4.13"), 2x3 533mm Torpedoes

Length: 256m

Beam: 30m

Draft: 8.02m

35400t

Protection: Cruiser-Type

176,000 shp, allowing a maximum speed of 35 knt.

It's basically a mini-Gneisenau with lower armor values and higher speed.

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles

10 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

And?

I found it interesting and worth polling a discussion about it on the forum.  Is there another reason one would post this?

Members
3,489 posts
6,187 battles
1 minute ago, Blackgunner said:

I found it interesting and worth polling a discussion about it on the forum.  Is there another reason one would post this?

I am just as confused - there does not seem to be a question or anything to discuss...

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles
1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

I am just as confused - there does not seem to be a question or anything to discuss...

It feels like that would be implied... What it would be like in World of Warships.  The game of which forum we're on.

I feel like it'd be a Gneisenau.  That's faster.  With less secondaries.  Pretty much.

Members
3,489 posts
6,187 battles
3 minutes ago, Blackgunner said:

It feels like that would be implied... What it would be like in World of Warships.  The game of which forum we're on.

I feel like it'd be a Gneisenau.  That's faster.  With less secondaries.  Pretty much.

It would depend on how they model it.  Not sure it would fit in at all or where it would. 

We are in the forum but you have a statement - nothing else for anyone to go off of.  My original post would have been.... "Ok" had no one else posted.

Members
1,310 posts
21,134 battles

It's always nice to have someone post about a ship that some may not have heard of.  If you're not interested just move on.  It could be a faster Graf Spee type.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[REVY]
Members
954 posts
7,528 battles
55 minutes ago, Blackgunner said:

So I've been looking at some german designs and found something interesting.

Some proposals to replace the Panzerschiffe with new battlecruisers.  Particularly the O, P and Q classes.

Armament: 3x2 380mm (14.96"), 3x2 150mm (5.9"), 4x2 105mm (4.13"), 2x3 533mm Torpedoes

Length: 256m

Beam: 30m

Draft: 8.02m

35400t

Protection: Cruiser-Type

176,000 shp, allowing a maximum speed of 35 knt.

It's basically a mini-Gneisenau with lower armor values and higher speed.

This is a statement. No question was asked of the forum.

As for a ship in the game, currently the lowest 15in guns in the game are at Tier VI , the QE-class and Beyern. Being a 'Mini-Gneisenau', it would be placed here at VI, or no higher then Tier VII. It can't be placed any lower, and I just don't see it doing well in a higher tier.

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles
16 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

This is a statement. No question was asked of the forum.

As for a ship in the game, currently the lowest 15in guns in the game are at Tier VI , the QE-class and Beyern. Being a 'Mini-Gneisenau', it would be placed here at VI, or no higher then Tier VII. It can't be placed any lower, and I just don't see it doing well in a higher tier.

Is not a 15" gun.  Is a 14.96" gun.  Quite a few germans I know are very particular/picky about that differentiation.

[MIA-A]
Members
2,130 posts
6,825 battles

Here I thought this was going to be about a clan named OPQ trying to have a similar name to OPG :Smile_sad:

[HELLS]
Members
1,704 posts
15,603 battles

These concepts were part of Raeder's Plan Z for the fleet expansion. The are discussed in Chapter 5-Beyond Tirpitz in M.J Whitley's ''German Capital Ships of World War Two'' along with the FDG and GK paper ships that we already have in the game. My Kreigsmarine collection stops at Bismarck and Tirpitz. I don't bother with paper designs very much. Flogging a dead horse IMHO....