Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BoJohno

Private profiles

17 comments in this topic

Members
112 posts
887 battles

Why do people hide their stats? Either they rock, so you have bragging rights, or they suck, in which case you can do like I do and sponge off the expertise in these forums. False pride? Embarrassment? Fack, get over yourself people. I may be new, but I can say absolutely that when people in these forums see that you suck, and they can see why you suck, they are very quick to offer advice to make you not suck. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 7

[PSP]
Members
6,226 posts
8,853 battles

I was recently in a game with a very good CV player. I think he hid his stats so the other players wouldn't know just how good he was.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
4 minutes ago, Dolphin48 said:

Why do people hide their stats? Either they rock, so you have bragging rights, or they suck, in which case you can do like I do and sponge off the expertise in these forums. False pride? Embarrassment? Fack, get over yourself people. I may be new, but I can say absolutely that when people in these forums see that you suck, and they can see why you suck, they are very quick to offer advice to make you not suck. 

People hide their stats because they are sick of trolls.  I have a 48 percent win rate but I get sick of the stat trolls.  So thats why mine are locked everybody has their own opinion and you should not be that concerned about it either.  Let others play their own game the way they want to and you play your game quit worrying about other players.  And I'm starting to think this is a TROLL post.

Edited by torpsRus

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
605 posts
4,804 battles

People guide their stats for varied reasons. I have no issues with that as stat shaming is a thing. 

Unless its the hidden profile person stat shaming then that is just not on!

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,034 battles

Not all so true some will insult and make fun of you in front of the other players it's a cruel internet world in here at times 

[ARP]
Members
63 posts
1,677 battles

As a secret agent and hero, I have to hide my stats in order to keep my enemies guessing on what my super powers are.

But remember, hidden or not, only by hard work and hard training you will overcome your strongest enemies.

Members
112 posts
887 battles
1 minute ago, torpsRus said:

People hide their stats because they are sick of trolls.  I have a 48 percent win rate but I get sick of the stat trolls.  So thats why mine are locked everybody has their own opinion and you should not be that concerned about it either.  Let others play their own game the way they want to and you play your game quit worrying about other players.  And I'm starting to think this is a TROLL post.

It was certainly not a troll post. It was a legit question posted by a new player. If you're that sensitive about your stats, fine, hide em. I don't care. I just like to know who is legit, and who's talking out their [edited]. Interesting fact by the way, if you're so scared of trolls, stop feeding them. They go away.

• Cool 1

Members
1,311 posts
501 battles
6 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

pretty sure you are correct... and a REROLL troll post at that./...
2/10...
Would not read again...

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Members
1,311 posts
501 battles

It was certainly not a troll post. It was a legit question posted by a new player. If you're that sensitive about your stats, fine, hide em. I don't care. I just like to know who is legit, and who's talking out their [edited]. Interesting fact by the way, if you're so scared of trolls, stop feeding them. They go away.

it most certainly is..... and I am guessing it will be locked soon...
Your post is bad and you should feel bad..
Nice try though.....WiX3fra.jpg

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Bad 1

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
468 posts
11 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

this +

Members
112 posts
887 battles
3 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Not all so true some will insult and make fun of you in front of the other players it's a cruel internet world in here at times

I'm just going to abandon this one. Jeez, simple question, VERY defensive response. I humbly apologize to all those I offended with what I though was a rather simple innocent question. god forbid I'm responsible for anyone getting made fun of by complete strangers you'll never meet about stats that don't actually matter. I may be new to the game, but I'm not new to life, so here's a free piece of advice. Stop giving a crapabout the opinions of strangers. Based on my limited dealings with certain members of this forum, I may have seriously overestimated the overall maturity level of the player base. This will not happen again, and this thread can be deleted.

Members
1,311 posts
501 battles
2 minutes ago, Dolphin48 said:

I'm just going to abandon this one. Jeez, simple question, VERY defensive response. I humbly apologize to all those I offended with what I though was a rather simple innocent question. god forbid I'm responsible for anyone getting made fun of by complete strangers you'll never meet about stats that don't actually matter. I may be new to the game, but I'm not new to life, so here's a free piece of advice. Stop giving a crapabout the opinions of strangers. Based on my limited dealings with certain members of this forum, I may have seriously overestimated the overall maturity level of the player base. This will not happen again, and this thread can be deleted.

55 posts....169 battles...... and insults.... I changed my mind.... 0/10......

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
468 posts
8 minutes ago, Dolphin48 said:

news flash for you some people will play 10 match and better then someone that played 100 some people who play this game and suck at it are maybe way smarter then you

not all human being have the same learning curve or the same needs and values

and for you to think that someone who hides their stats makes them less legit then you  or someone that doesnt hide his says alot about you

you say you dont care rofl you do care lol

i hide my stats cause of people like you there is your answer

enjoy

you dont need 1000 match to post a opinion on a forum or a idea or a 50% winrate

get real

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,034 posts

I made my stats private as soon as I learned that I could. It has nothing to do with my skill, or decided lack thereof.

I believe everyone's stats should be hidden. I've seen too many games in tanks where the xvm crowd quit early because they didn't like the odds and too many players making decisions and expressing opinions on the basis of stats, rather than the situation at hand.

My stats don't mean anything anyway. I've spent way too many battles testing ships that I only play five or six times. As a tester I won't  division and I won't join a clan. It saves me from deciding what I'm allowed to say and finding polite ways to ask them not to ask. If you're curious I do not play well. I try to contribute but I am too aggressive. That doesn't mean that I am I'll informed about the game or that my opinion has little worth.

Judge a post by what it says and a player by how they try.

• Cool 1

Members
112 posts
887 battles
1 minute ago, Quaffer said:

I believe everyone's stats should be hidden. I've seen too many games in tanks where the xvm crowd quit early because they didn't like the odds and too many players making decisions and expressing opinions on the basis of stats, rather than the situation at hand

DEAR GOD! an actual answer to a legit question! 

• Cool 1