You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bravo4zero

Plystyle changes and the resulting madness ...

13 comments in this topic

[LANCE]
Members
304 posts
3,229 battles

Is it just me or does it seem to anybody else that when a new line of ships is introduced the that uses a different play style, that every other ship changes to this play style?

Example 1 : British BB’s introduced and start flinging HE at everyone. All of a sudden every other B.B. in game starts doing the same whether it’s benificial or not.

Example 2 : USN CA/CL can take advantage of spamming HE over islands. Now it seems even the BBs and all other CL/CA’s are doing this!!

Not a rant or “picking on a class”. It’s simoly an observation. Although I will go on to say that it’s extremely annoying when in a DD having a couple of BB’s screaming for intelligence data, cap or spot and then when you look they’re not even in a position to be able to support!!

Anybody else for any observations of this type of play?

• Bad 1

Members
1,738 posts
789 battles

It is the basis of a free to play game WITH IN GAME PUCHASES!!!!! (all caps to pump up the excitement).  They keep change things so there are new things to do, grind upon, spend resources on (XP, credits, dubloons, coal, oil, steel, MONEY).  It is how they keep the playerbase active. 

Every change causes certain percentages of the player base to complain, rage quit, quietly quit.  The remainder start grinding, and new players sign up.

If it goes wrong, the player base implodes.  If done right, players keep playing and the money keeps coming in.  I would think wargaming is keeping an eye on this.

I am not complaining.  It is a standard practice.

Works as intended.

Members
9,958 posts

BB were flinging HE long before the advent of British BB's, WG simply catered to the player base.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
9 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

It is the basis of a free to play game WITH IN GAME PUCHASES!!!!! (all caps to pump up the excitement).  They keep change things so there are new things to do, grind upon, spend resources on (XP, credits, dubloons, coal, oil, steel, MONEY).  It is how they keep the playerbase active. 

Every change causes certain percentages of the player base to complain, rage quit, quietly quit.  The remainder start grinding, and new players sign up.

If it goes wrong, the player base implodes.  If done right, players keep playing and the money keeps coming in.  I would think wargaming is keeping an eye on this.

I am not complaining.  It is a standard practice.

Works as intended.

Except it's not working. I can't find a chart for the non steam version, but if the steam version is any indication of how things are for this game it looks like the population continues to decline until the Indy mission marathon and then continues to drops again after it ends.

https://steamcharts.com/app/552990#All

Make of that what you will.

Edited by xalmgrey

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

BB were flinging HE long before the advent of British BB's, WG simply catered to the player base.:Smile_teethhappy:

Yep.  Spammin HE from the very very beginning.  ST LOUIS lol.

Members
1,738 posts
789 battles
3 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Except it's not working. I can't find a chart for the non steam version, but if the steam version is any indication of how things are for this game it looks like the population continues to decline until the Indy mission marathon and then continues to drops again after it ends.

https://steamcharts.com/app/552990#All

Make of that what you will.

I noted that the player base could implode. 

The other thing I should have said was that all games have a shelf life.  When all the new bells and whistles can't keep the interest up. 

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,852 posts
19,034 battles

It really changed for the DD players in higher tiers with all these radar ships in match making now

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,849 posts
12,582 battles

@Bravo4zero In my 3 years at this and 4 years prior to that in WoT and WoWP I have seen this very often and it doesn't bother me at all and I haven't a clue why it would bother anyone else.

[LANCE]
Members
304 posts
3,229 battles
20 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Bravo4zero In my 3 years at this and 4 years prior to that in WoT and WoWP I have seen this very often and it doesn't bother me at all and I haven't a clue why it would bother anyone else.

Doesn’t particularly bother me either. WoT got me in the end with some of the changes made and finally burnt me out about 6 months ago but I’d been playing since 2012-ish so guess it just got .. old!?

i like new lines being added, the different premiums, game modes and clan wars finally making it into WoWs. It was an observation more than anything else

• Cool 1

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
413 posts
8,093 battles

It is a hot summer day, you're wearing your cheap convenient store sun glasses. You notice that it does the job. Then you see a buddy wearing a baseball cap and said shades. It seems more practical. So you buy a baseball cap to stay cool. You're stylin', groovin' and rollin' with your buddies. Then around the corner, you notice a guy with a slick looking panama hat and cool classic shades. Then you realised, that he just makes you feel like you're back in high school. So you ditch your baseball cap, ditch your convenient store shades. Buy a panama hat, and uber expensive shades. You feel good. You're a hit with your buddies, they get on the bandwagon. Summer is great again.

Now the summer is turning over into autumn. You noticed that your panama hat is no longer cool, and looks silly in autumn. But you're still wearing the super stylin' shades. It blocks the UV rays, it takes away the glare, and even helps you see better. You feel content, you feel more confident, you've realised that those uber expensive shades are giving you benefits over the cheap plastic ones you've bought on impulse. Because you did the research before buying it.

Now, the summer is back. As you leave the front door of the house. You take your uber expensive but well thought out shades with you from last year. Now when you wear it, you don't take notice of it. You forgot how cool it was when you first got it last summer. They feel just like the convenient store shades, but you shrug that feeling off and drive off to meet your buddies.

[ENDVR]
Members
410 posts
5,323 battles
2 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

It is a hot summer day, you're wearing your cheap convenient store sun glasses. You notice that it does the job. Then you see a buddy wearing a baseball cap and said shades. It seems more practical. So you buy a baseball cap to stay cool. You're stylin', groovin' and rollin' with your buddies. Then around the corner, you notice a guy with a slick looking panama hat and cool classic shades. Then you realised, that he just makes you feel like you're back in high school. So you ditch your baseball cap, ditch your convenient store shades. Buy a panama hat, and uber expensive shades. You feel good. You're a hit with your buddies, they get on the bandwagon. Summer is great again.

Now the summer is turning over into autumn. You noticed that your panama hat is no longer cool, and looks silly in autumn. But you're still wearing the super stylin' shades. It blocks the UV rays, it takes away the glare, and even helps you see better. You feel content, you feel more confident, you've realised that those uber expensive shades are giving you benefits over the cheap plastic ones you've bought on impulse. Because you did the research before buying it.

Now, the summer is back. As you leave the front door of the house. You take your uber expensive but well thought out shades with you from last year. Now when you wear it, you don't take notice of it. You forgot how cool it was when you first got it last summer. They feel just like the convenient store shades, but you shrug that feeling off and drive off to meet your buddies.

... and then you see a pirate and go “Man, that guy’s got it goin’ on!” And proceed to amputate your leg for a peg and get scurvy...

Edited by SmokeHenge
  • Funny 1

[CAST]
Members
1,420 posts
5,956 battles

You forgot a few:

• Like when the Japanese destroyers started spamming torpedoes all over the place and wrecking stuff, so the US DD players just free XP'd their way to Mahan so they could get in on the stealth-boat fun?
  • When Gremyashchy highlighted how powerful open-water stealth firing could be so everyone started testing builds so they could do it in their destroyers (and cruisers) too?
  • When Yamato's range and guns meant that it could sit back in spawn and dev strike cruisers from 25km away, so all the other battleships started sniping too?
  • When the Soviet lines dropped with their 4km torpedoes that only worked via suicidal YOLO runs, but those wound up being fun, so everyone in their Tirpitz started corner-rushing around islands?
  • When the ARP tie-in suddenly gave everybody in the game mid-tier cruisers with 10km torpedoes, which they promptly deposited into the backs of the nearest friendly destroyers? (Okay, that doesn't really fit, but in hindsight it's still pretty hilarious)

I think you get my point. :Smile_glasses: