You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

murmansk is a good ship

27 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,280 posts
5,864 battles

SO I've had the american turned russian murmansk for a while now, I actually got into the CBT through her, so she was my only T5 ship for a while and before the changes to MM I used her for grinding A LOT. 

Unfortunately I don't play a lot of T5-6 ships anymore just due to the MM of them  which kinda sucks cause some of my favorite ships are at that tier (Warspate, fuso, mutsu, fubuki, nic, kongou, budyonny ect) I play a lot of IJN since it was my first nation. 

But she's not half bad, good guns, torps, even great AP shells. 

Good girl, glad I have her. 

Members
471 posts
12,465 battles

Murmansk used to be a beast. She has been power crept down to pretty darn good.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,280 posts
5,864 battles
1 minute ago, Prothall said:

I'm giving you a like for walter

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,746 battles

FWIW I always, every day, warm up in Coop with Marblehead and Murmansk. Both wonderful ships.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,575 posts
3,751 battles

Whats more, she gets a rudder shift of 3.8 for some reason. That's basically DD rudder shift in a cruiser. :cap_rambo:

Members
4,555 posts
6,481 battles
11 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Got her and she is indeed a powerful ship but tier 5....o my. Tough niche for her.

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,410 battles

I remember when she could outrange most of the BBs in her MM spread with captain perks and a spotter plane. Good times. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,864 posts
19,063 battles

I always enjoyed playing her and still do on occasion's  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
2 hours ago, Sinboto said:

I actually got into the CBT through her

Murmansk wasn't a CBT ship; those were Yubari, Sims, and Gremyashy. Murmansk has always been a buy it for yourself premium.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

Whats more, she gets a rudder shift of 3.8 for some reason.

Russian Bias, as I don't think Phoenix, Omaha, or Marblehead get that rudder shift.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,280 posts
5,864 battles
16 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Murmansk wasn't a CBT ship; those were Yubari, Sims, and Gremyashy. Murmansk has always been a buy it for yourself premium.

2 hours ago, Sinboto said:

I actually got into the CBT through her

note the underlined text

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
10 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

note the underlined text

There were two ways to get into CBT; by invitation, or by buying one of the three ships WoW offered to players to get into CBT. Murmansk was NOT one of those three ships. So, did you get an invite?

Note: There is no underlined text in my post, just facts. However, you will note the words "Beta Testers" which appear beneath my name, which denotes I was a Closed Beta Tester, just like the words "Supertester" appear beneath yours. Were you actually a Beta Tester because those same words should also be beneath your name if you were.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,280 posts
5,864 battles
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

There were two ways to get into CBT; by invitation, or by buying one of the three ships WoW offered to players to get into CBT. Murmansk was NOT one of those three ships. So, did you get an invite?

Humble bundle offered a promotion that gave people a bunch of stuff, one of which was a murmansk and an invitation to the CBT, this would have been pretty late in the CBT just before the open beta. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,280 posts
5,864 battles

there was a huge forum fire involving when it was taken away at the start of the OB? 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
2 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

Humble bundle offered a promotion that gave people a bunch of stuff, one of which was a murmansk and an invitation to the CBT, this would have been pretty late in the CBT just before the open beta. 

And again, if you were in Closed Beta, the words Beta Testers should be beneath your name, like they are on the other Beta Testers names, and you should also have an Ark Beta.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
2 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

there was a huge forum fire involving when it was taken away at the start of the OB? 

Nothing was taken away at Open Beta, just when the game went from Open Beta to live. I know you have an Ark, so I'm sure you were in CBT, but I don't think Murmansk came out during CBT, I think it was later. And you should have the Beta Testers tag under your name; it's weird that you don't.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,280 posts
5,864 battles
12 minutes ago, Umikami said:

And again, if you were in Closed Beta, the words Beta Testers should be beneath your name, like they are on the other Beta Testers names, and you should also have an Ark Beta.

I have the super tester tag on at the moment, as you can see, as for ark beta: 

Spoiler

CUlcKzf.jpg

Edited by Sinboto

[NDA]
Supertester
3,280 posts
5,864 battles
3 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Nothing was taken away at Open Beta, just when the game went from Open Beta to live.

and the ship wasn't taken away because of the massive forum outcry due to the ship being taken away after it being said to not be doing so. (actually now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure if it was open beta or launch but it did happen)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
3 hours ago, Sinboto said:

(actually now that I'm thinking about it I'm not sure if it was open beta or launch but it did happen)

Everybody lost all their ships when the game left OBT and went live, and I do remember the outcry over that. They had reimbursed everyone with doubloons equal to the value of their ships. I lost ships I never got back, including Warspite and Atlanta. I think I used the doubloons to get a huge number of premium days. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,125 posts
14,528 battles

Back in the days when AFT & BFT buffed 155mm or smaller guns, CLs used to be far stronger.  You really should have seen Murmansk in those days.  She used to be a poster child for "Russian Bias" accusations.  Her mug was on those "WANTED" posters before Khabarovsk actually became a thing (her reputation and prowess wasn't widely known or even acknowledged for a long time)

The original "Russian Bias" ships were Gremyaschy and Murmansk.  Khab and Molotov (for her heyday) came much later.

• Cool 1

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
640 posts
18,517 battles

What is better ??? Omaha, Marblehead or Murmansk? For all combat...

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,125 posts
14,528 battles
On 7/31/2018 at 4:46 AM, rafael_azuaje said:

If I had to play either one of those 3 CLs, Murmansk all the way.  With zero hesitation.  Not even worthy of debate.

Stealthier than Omaha.

MUCH better rudder shift.

Tighter turning circle.

Much more useful torpedo range.

MUCH better AP:

IFIYJNk.png

Murmansk is the same godd*mn class as Omaha but because Murmansk is fueled with Vodka, it's a better ship.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Members
63 posts
On 7/31/2018 at 7:46 AM, rafael_azuaje said:

I got a Marblehead in a Santa Crate, but have never played it, because I have the Murmansk so what’s the point?

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,078 battles
17 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If I had to play either one of those 3 CLs, Murmansk all the way.  With zero hesitation.  Not even worthy of debate.

Stealthier than Omaha.

MUCH better rudder shift.

Tighter turning circle.

Much more useful torpedo range.

MUCH better AP:

IFIYJNk.png

Murmansk is the same godd*mn class as Omaha but because Murmansk is fueled with Vodka, it's a better ship.

Yes, we need more of these old retired ships that magically became much more capable as hand me downs.

I can imagine the dev(s) as they were first looking at Murmansk, 'Well this is just an obsolete old US cruiser with a commie emblem on it, there's nothing to distinguish i..., hang on a second while I adjust...a few...minor..parameters.  Comrades, we are back in business.'.  Everything must, by definition, be more glorious under the benevolent but firm Hammer and Sickle.

[TFP]
[TFP]
Members
640 posts
18,517 battles

The murmansk has better AA but can donw aircraft cv T5 easy? Mablerhead AA not good .i think than omaha has better AA vs marblehead