You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Is there really any point to "team play"?

33 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

I just had a game where everyone on my side was sunk including myself. I was last man standing in my Helena but got sunk too. The other team had 9 ships left.

Seriassly? wth? :etc_swear:

That's just one example. I have had 5 losses in a row now.

There are so many games where you look up 5 minutes into the game and half your team is gone while the other side maybe has 2 sunk.

:etc_red_button:  

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Members
112 posts
887 battles

I'm fairly new to the game, so I might be way off base commenting, and if so, my bad. If you're whole side got sunk, and they lost one boat, maybe that's a very solid argument on the point of team play.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

Members
1,640 posts
7,467 battles
5 minutes ago, Dolphin48 said:

I'm fairly new to the game, so I might be way off base commenting, and if so, my bad. If you're whole side got sunk, and they lost one boat, maybe that's a very solid argument on the point of team play.

Yup, lack of teamplay is precisely what causes those. A well played team of newbies could easily beat a team of decent players who aren't using teamwork. ( results may vary )

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles
12 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Yup, lack of teamplay is precisely what causes those. A well played team of newbies could easily beat a team of decent players who aren't using teamwork. ( results may vary )

This. Period. :Smile_teethhappy:

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,585 battles

You need to solo moar and carry the load yourself teamplay is  direct reason you lost badly

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
421 posts
8,131 battles

If one person can swing the tide, provided all ships are still floating around on both opposing teams in random mode. Then this game would be heavily tilted towards solo players, period.  However, since it is not. Team play is paramount, no matter the circumstance. i.e. communicating to a player, where as a slow BB. You ask a DD (or a faster, closer situation ship) to cap whilst you're trying to close the gap at full speed.

Communication, Communication, Communication. Plan. Execute. 

my 2 cents/pence/euros/bitcoins/etc

• Cool 1

Members
1,327 posts
501 battles

someone needs to stop playing and bringing his team down for a while.....
accepting blame is a good place to start....
WHy did the other 11 players not post this issue and stand out asking "WHY ME?....."

WHY??? 
Because they are as guilty as YOU for losing a game... two games and five games....

Just like no one ever questions why their team WON five games in a row... no explanation for that... how does this even happen...

and its funny that of all the "MM SUCKS AND RIGS MY GAMES CONSTANTLY TO LOSE EVERY GAME" threads we see, there should be just as many counter threads to that argument posting "MM LOVES ME AND I NEVER EVER LOSE EVER" thread...

wins are all YOU

losses are the entire team......
Being better than you are would be a great place to start looking for answers... Hiding makes you look more guilty than you are... although I found that as difficult to believe than I do that your teams are your problem..

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
1,327 posts
501 battles
8 minutes ago, GuntherPrein said:

You need to solo moar and carry the load yourself teamplay is  direct reason you lost badly

do a little research and you will find that is not exactly the problem he is having... its a very old historical issue that keeps popping up now and then.... its a wonder the battle button gets clicked anymore as it is

• Bad 1

[DENY]
Members
342 posts
4,717 battles

Team play make the difference , I had my division racking a total of 9 kill in one game myself getting a kraken , half the team got sunk quick , my division made the difference because of team play

[H_]
Members
793 posts

Ah, OP, you do realize this is an arcade FPS......  First person isn't "us" it is "I"....  There are no teams; just collections of FPS's who may or may not help each other.  May, being the operative word.  And, does it really matter if you win or lose?  It's a FPS and what you do is yours.......not somebody else's problem.

If they wanted Random "teams", there'd be a VOIP so we could actually talk to each other.......  Do you see a VOIP for the 12 player random battles.  You can't type and play at the same time.......

Sorry OP you're losing......that really is yucky.  Unfortunately, the other 11 on your "side" are in it for themselves and themselves only.  Such are F2P meritocracies that throw "teams" out there as something to do because 1x1 FPS's are boring as heck.

I feel for you man.....losing all of the time sucks even worse when there is nothing you can do to make it better...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,619 posts
9,014 battles

Blow out seal clubbing happens. Some times you will be the seal and some times you will be one of the clubbers.

Members
112 posts
887 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

I feel for you man.....losing all of the time sucks even worse when there is nothing you can do to make it better

Maybe I'm wrong but if you lose all the time, someone else is winning all the time. Ask em what they're doing right.

• Cool 1

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,861 posts
19,048 battles
2 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I just had a game where everyone on my side was sunk including myself. I was last man standing in my Helena but got sunk too. The other team had 9 ships left.

There are so many games where you look up 5 minutes into the game and half your team is gone while the other side maybe has 2 sunk.

:etc_red_button:  

Come on joey it's the summer time blues     hehehehehe

• Bad 1

Members
1,327 posts
501 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Is this Blasto being humorous?

1 hour ago, A_Crying_Hipster said:

Guys, wait a minute.  If Blasto is being serious here, we may have witnessed him go through a rite of passage.

O0fR6Nn.gif

• Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,581 posts
25,683 battles
18 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Hahahaha. Blasto, you've outdone yourself here. 

Yes, of course we need teams. How else would Red get XP?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,875 battles

The side who had better team play won obviously.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
468 posts

yes mr blasto you lied to us all i seen your post a few weeks ago saying farewell

welcome back

grin )

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
46 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

O0fR6Nn.gif

You remind me of a guy who had his account nuked. He used the same avatar as you and posted the same quality comments.

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
52 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

Come on joey it's the summer time blues     hehehehehe

Your comments are always a gift, joey.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,864 posts
12,603 battles

@TheGreatBlasto of course there is but expecting that from a group of random players who probably do not know any of their 11 team mates nor any of the 12 opponents is not reasonable. So you lost 5 in a row! Is that really such a big deal? Did you have to Call 911 or drink some Malox of run to the toilet for a flaming blowout?

Just do the best you can and appreciate an occasional win and don't fret over any loss!

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
58 minutes ago, Dolphin48 said:

Maybe I'm wrong but if you lose all the time, someone else is winning all the time. Ask em what they're doing right.

I'm not losing all the time! LOL

I also have games where we wipe out the other team in 10 minutes.

My point is tactics seem irrelevant when people just go for the kill.

Members
112 posts
887 battles
3 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Then to me you answered you're own question. Work together, WIN. No teamwork, get smashed.