You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kraayt

Confusing Loss...

12 comments in this topic

[FSA]
Beta Testers
167 posts
5,202 battles

Time expired, we had more points than our opponent...perhaps 60...something like 970 to 910 or so.  Two ships survived that were our last up.   We held one cap, they had 3.  Had just entered our last cap.   Time ran out...game paused maybe five seconds longer than normal...and we were defeated.   

I'm confused as to what happened.

Members
3,774 posts
8,328 battles
Just now, RipNuN2 said:

screenshots?

This^^

[FSA]
Beta Testers
167 posts
5,202 battles

Who the hell takes screenshots of the last second of a otherwise less than memorable game?   And I was annoyed enough to log off so even the final screen is gone.

[CUTE]
Members
168 posts
12,727 battles
2 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

Who the hell takes screenshots of the last second of a otherwise less than memorable game?   And I was annoyed enough to log off so even the final screen is gone.

Oh Idk, for evidence of things happening in the game that shouldn't?  Or to have the game reviewed in order to explain why such an event happened?  We can't help without seeing what is going on.

• Cool 1

Members
246 posts
1,360 battles

Perhaps there was some lag and in that final 5 seconds one of your friendlies got wasted? Only thing I can think of. Were there any Reds in firing range that could have taken out one of your ships in one shot?

[5D5]
Members
2,295 posts
14,422 battles
3 minutes ago, Stormie1126 said:

Perhaps there was some lag and in that final 5 seconds one of your friendlies got wasted? Only thing I can think of. Were there any Reds in firing range that could have taken out one of your ships in one shot?

Pretty much this, someone probably died as time expired and the points never updated as the screen cut to the results page.

[WORX]
Members
1,884 posts
12,967 battles

To many variables for one,

1. even though you have the caps they my have the ships adv over your fleet. 
  2.  Also even if you have a cap to there 3, IF a ship enters the cap your not getting any points
  3. IF the above is present then that pts spread will not hold up. That is a lot of pts generated by all 4 caps AND the ships adv.
  4. Someone did not run away and was sunk before time went out AND you were no longer taking in pts to compensate

The simple solution was to chase away the DD taking the cap because there was no time to take the other caps. Heartbreaking i know but with hundreds of thousands of matches daily. I don;t think it was a bug that robbed you.

Edited by Navalpride33

[HINON]
Members
9,055 posts
9 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Pretty much this, someone probably died as time expired and the points never updated as the screen cut to the results page.

This is also my best guess as it can happen with those last moment hail Mary salvos.

[FSA]
Beta Testers
167 posts
5,202 battles
44 minutes ago, Stormie1126 said:

Well, the first thing I looked at after the defeat notice, was team play.   The two ships were shown as survivors.  

Defeat notice did say time expired and lost on points...which was not the case as I was watching the screen and timer countdown.  Only thing that was different was a bit longer hesitation on the end game screen coming up.

However, they did enter our last cap perhaps five seconds before the game ended and the indicator showed a small amount of red.

I'm not crying about losing the game, I just want to know what I overlooked if anything.

Edited by Kraayt

Members
3,490 posts
6,189 battles

I'm not crying about losing the game, I just want to know what I overlooked if anything.

Can know about the above without a reply.  Since time expired and the team lost on points - someone on your team died just as the timer went to 0 and the screen did not get updated.

[FSA]
Beta Testers
167 posts
5,202 battles
54 minutes ago, Suzutsuki_DD said:

Oh Idk, for evidence of things happening in the game that shouldn't?  Or to have the game reviewed in order to explain why such an event happened?  We can't help without seeing what is going on.

Well, at the time of the end of the game, we were winning an otherwise mediocre game.   Why in the world would anyone anticipate that something is going to happen subsequent to the end of the game or even have an expectation that it needed to be reviewed.  I just find it a bit unreasonable to predicate your reply on the basis that I should have done something that would have required an amount of foresight that is unrealistic.  

I'm done.   Tyvm to those that provided some insight to it...specifically that one of the ships was sunk, but did not update the Team Play screen.