You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

How do I get the Dallas from Ultimate Frontier?

30 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts

I tried the tech tree Dallas but found it wimpy. I then sold it.

In contrast, the Dallas that spawns in F10 is a beast.  It's wrecked my Abruzzi and Belfast both times. 

Since I know where it spawns I position myself so that I can go nose in with both AP and HE at its mid-section.  

Alternating between both AP/HE, I wallop the thing but it keeps going and going.

Then  KA-BOOM!!!!!!  It detonates me.

Seriassly, how do I get that Dallas?

:cap_viking:

PS I love the Helena. 75% winrate!

• Bad 2

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
326 posts
4,659 battles

Looks like you needed a signal or a module.

Dallas is a strong bote. It doesn't take much at all to do well in it. I think it's got all the party favors though - it's a serious threat in that scenario 

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
1 minute ago, cavscout1739 said:

Looks like you needed a signal or a module.

Dallas is a strong bote. It doesn't take much at all to do well in it. I think it's got all the party favors though - it's a serious threat in that scenario 

Iz stronkbote?  Maybe I sold it off too fast. Might have to revisit it.  I like T6.

• Bad 2

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
326 posts
4,659 battles

It's not Cleveland T6 but I have no complaints about it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,405 posts
9,562 battles
16 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

In contrast, the Dallas that spawns in F10 is a beast.  It's wrecked my Abruzzi and Belfast both times. 

Since I know where it spawns I position myself so that I can go nose in with both AP and HE at its mid-section.  

Alternating between both AP/HE, I wallop the thing but it keeps going and going.

After you are dead, Free-Camera over and take a snap-shot <Alt> PrtScr shot of it's camo and flags -- for later ID and analysis.

Of course, if you have a good team, one of the battleships is already there to deal with it.  If not...   Oh well.

I usually show run the Scharnhorst up North to kill the Atlanta, then finish off the Indy and Dallas.  My goal is to save Kato since we will badly need it later.

Then it's a race back to the center to finish off the DDs and protect the repair base.

Let's see...   Mantra...   Battleships kill Cruisers, cruisers kill Destroyers, Destroyers kill battleships...

If you go head to head with a cruiser, expect a 1:1 trade.

[5D5]
Members
2,286 posts
14,345 battles

You must be assimilated to the WG Borg if you want that Dallas.

Bot ships in Operations are stronger than their tech tree counterparts.

Members
39 posts
126 battles

You probably tried a Dallas with a couple of flags and a 10-point commander. Ultimate Frontier Dallas must have a 19-point commander with a full set of combat flags (and who knows what other gadgets WG gives to bots).

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,219 posts
9,916 battles

Yeah Dallas is a great ship. I play her like an Atlanta, sneak around and let lose when enemies aren't looking.:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
537 posts
2,035 battles

Bots are tricked out, I recall noticing the Kumas in Newport have more HP than some battleships.

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
10 minutes ago, SystemRename53216 said:

You probably tried a Dallas with a couple of flags and a 10-point commander. Ultimate Frontier Dallas must have a 19-point commander with a full set of combat flags (and who knows what other gadgets WG gives to bots).

Dollars to donuts, the bots get their premium accounts and signal flags for free.

Or at least a deep-deep discount.

I wish I were a bot.

:Smile_hiding:

• Bad 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,448 posts
11,755 battles
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

14 point captain. 

PT, AR, DE, IFHE and CE....

In that orded.

Members
1,330 posts
501 battles

TLDR

"I want everything handed to me and do not ever want to put work in to get better skills and  better ships... just GIVE ME SHIPS"

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,609 posts
19 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

TLDR

"I want everything handed to me and do not ever want to put work in to get better skills and  better ships... just GIVE ME SHIPS"

Sounds like you're in the wrong thread, sport.

• Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles
16 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

TLDR

I sense an element of that too, but I think there's also a fair bit of genuine curiosity to know exactly how the bot is configured.

[4HIM]
Members
1,804 posts
4,072 battles
16 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think there's also a fair bit of genuine curiosity to know exactly how the bot is configured.

Yep. Since they buffed it the bots in Ultimate F.U. play like super unicums coordinating on voice chat.  They all seem unnaturally resistant to fire damage while having a practically 100% chance of starting a fire.  A lot of those same ships I can kill in random or PvE.  But in this Op they seem to shrug off damage like a GK would shrug off the secondary hits from an Emerald.  

[INTEL]
Members
8,582 posts
25,696 battles
11 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Yep. Since they buffed it the bots in Ultimate F.U. play like super unicums coordinating on voice chat.  They all seem unnaturally resistant to fire damage while having a practically 100% chance of starting a fire.  A lot of those same ships I can kill in random or PvE.  But in this Op they seem to shrug off damage like a GK would shrug off the secondary hits from an Emerald.  

Today the bot Alabama cit me in Ashitaka at 21.1 kms....

[VFW]
Beta Testers
50 posts
2,418 battles

Didn't you just quit the game other day? Or was that someone else?

[INTEL]
Members
8,582 posts
25,696 battles
2 minutes ago, Vettish said:

Didn't you just quit the game other day? Or was that someone else?

It was me, but they dragged me back in.

[VFW]
Beta Testers
50 posts
2,418 battles

Not you, sorry I should have quoted the OP. I was asking thegreatblasto guy.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,044 posts
17 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

TLDR

44 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I sense an element of that too, but I think there's also a fair bit of genuine curiosity to know exactly how the bot is configured.

24 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Sounds to me like you want the Elite Thoroughly Researched  Dallas  that means not only do you have to the Dallas but the Helena   as well...............And probably a 19 point captain in addition:Smile_honoring::Smile_teethhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
6,293 posts
4,256 battles
30 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

But in this Op they seem to shrug off damage like a GK would shrug off the secondary hits from an Emerald.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[4HIM]
Members
1,804 posts
4,072 battles
21 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Today the bot Alabama cit me in Ashitaka at 21.1 kms....

Yeah. UF bots consistently do things only done by super unicums or by people who manage to get an over abundant blessing from RNGesus.  

And my brain wasn't working great when I first read that.  It came through to my pea brain as "the bot Atlanta cit me".  I was like :Smile_amazed:

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,108 battles

Blasto, didn't you say you were quitting the game last week?

[TDRB]
Members
1,099 posts
4,193 battles
20 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I'd rather have Atlanta that spawns in the north. It has radar guided guns that can take a flea off a dog's back without harming the dog at 11km, a + 95%  change of starting a fire with a single hit & armor that can deflect the largest T7 BB's shells, plus a +80% dispersion camo.

I've had good luck with my New Orleans against the Dallas you are talking about. It has sunk my Helena or left it with so few HP it is impossible to get to the repair base.

[5D5]
Members
2,286 posts
14,345 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Blasto, didn't you say you were quitting the game last week?

Someone should have a counter for every time he says that then he suddenly goes on a post spree in forums.