Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vak_

Wait, Giulio Cesare has decent AA too?

11 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,779 posts
6,788 battles

I didn't looked at Cesare's AA values when I bought the ship (because, clearly,  I'm a very attentive player), but holy cow, her mid-range AA is pretty good for a tier 5 BB. 106 DPS at 3.5-4km range, 30 more at 2km.

Just had this battle, 21 airplanes destroyed. Yeah, both CVs tried to get me for a good portion of the game, but still, very impressive. For reference, the most I've shot down in my Texas after forty two battles is 24, and that baby is full AA spec.

xVniwnh.jpg

This ship literally doesn't have weak points, it seems.

[WOLF9]
Members
265 posts
3,881 battles

GC's AA is mediocre at best unless you invest heavily into it (which isn't worth it IMO); otherwise the AA is really only effective against lower tier CVs and to a lesser extent same tier.  A skilled CV driver will still ruin your day, and if you encounter a higher tiered CV who has even half a clue you are going back to port quickly if they decide to target you.

Beta Testers
2,983 posts
4,374 battles

it might be one of the few weakness of cesar,and since AA build is so situational,it's not exactly a problem except to that specific 2 or 3 matches where CV have a brain.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,553 posts
3,539 battles

It had OKish mid range AA, with BFT and AFT they can defend her against CVs she commonly sees which is T4 and T5 CVs

[FAE]
Members
2,160 posts
2,617 battles

... how did your team lose that one?

That's guile's weakness imo. There are games you can do NOTHING about. Like if you like 3 of your DDs to none of theirs. Well, thats a game. 

Members
1,148 posts
3,141 battles

GC is in the same boat as texas, all of the usable AA is too short ranged. Tier 5 carriers will only suffer a couple plane losses and tier 6 carriers can get out without losing any planes because of their manual drop capability, and carrier players (especially Ryujo and Kaga) take advantage of this. I don't understand what the fuss about Giulio cesare is about, I don't think she's any good. Bad AA, horrendous armor, weak AP performance, awful disersion, exposed citadel. Manuverability is good. 

[REVY]
Beta Testers
261 posts
1,680 battles

Part of me wants to find a tier 4 or 5 ship to build into a 19 point AA spec'ed captain to dissuade any new CV players from continuing up that line.

Members
1,148 posts
3,141 battles
11 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

She is the best performing Tier 5 BB by a good margin. It is without a doubt a good boat. 

I've seen the stats and it confuses me. I think it's just because she's a premium. I feel that Kongo could have done just as well (or even better) in the same scenario. I consider kongo to be a much better ship

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,173 posts
11,691 battles

GC is undoubtably the best BB in T5.  I'm also with buttprint though, I cannot make the ship work and prefer Kongo.

Sign in to follow this