You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Finnkax

Atagoo- Takao - what difference?

15 comments in this topic

[PIZZA]
Members
727 posts
8,147 battles

I have Takao - except camo what difference is? 

[OPG]
Members
3,973 posts
5,678 battles

The Takao is a clone of the Atago....but the Atago is really actually the Takao.  So once you wrap your head around that, the only difference is the Takao Atago gets better economic bonuses and slightly better stealth due to its camo.

Edited by yashma

Members
760 posts
7,021 battles
9 minutes ago, Finnkax said:

I have Takao - except camo what difference is? 

As has been answered - nothing.

For a long time, if you were playing Takao you were stuck with one of the ARP skippers, which isn't everyone's' cup of tea - however, I don't think this is the case anymore.

Can't confirm or deny it, though - as I sold all the ARP ships and dismissed the skippers on the day that option was available.

[ARP]
Members
63 posts
1,678 battles

There is a major difference. Atago is a PREMIUM, Takao is not.

That's about it I believe.

[PVE]
Members
9,766 posts
7,472 battles
8 minutes ago, ddoubletapp1 said:

As has been answered - nothing.

For a long time, if you were playing Takao you were stuck with one of the ARP skippers, which isn't everyone's' cup of tea - however, I don't think this is the case anymore.

Can't confirm or deny it, though - as I sold all the ARP ships and dismissed the skippers on the day that option was available.

The ARP captains can be put on any IJN ship and ARP ships can use any IJN captain. So, while my 5 Myoko clones don't get premium ship bonuses, they do get the first win bonuses, so I use the ARP ships for that.

[USCG]
Members
208 posts
12,975 battles

I drop my Yamamoto (my Yamato skipper) onto all of the ARP ships and he does great! Even picked up my first ARP Hagurou (?) kraken today complete with fireworks!  The only thing that doesn’t seem to cross over is Yamamoto flag onto the ARP ships. All in all they’re the exact same ship except the ability to change camo on the Atago and not the Takao which will give you a slight difference in detection range between the two. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,228 posts
12,756 battles

Atago:

• Is for sale every now and then
  • Can wear any camouflage suitable for it and enjoy the bonuses from it
  • Earns bonus credits

ARP Takao:

• Was available once as mission reward
  • Cannot wear camouflages nor get the bonuses
  • Does not earn bonus credits

They are the same in every other respect.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
6,290 posts
8,915 battles
1 hour ago, Spacey_ said:

There is a major difference. Atago is a PREMIUM, Takao is not.

That's about it I believe.

The Takao is a Premium in that you can transfer any IJN commander into and out of it without retraining; you can even transfer the Southern Dragon King into it. Like we've said; the only difference is that it doesn't have the Premium camo of the Atago and it doesnt' have the Atago's Premium credit bonus. Functionally, they are identical.

Atago:

PBEC503_Campbeltown.png
Type 10
  • -3% to surface detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -10% to the cost of ship's post-battle service (-20% for Tier IX ships).
  • +50% to experience earned in the battle (+100% for Tier IX ships).
Included with premium ships

Takao:

Can't don camo.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 1

[ARP]
Members
63 posts
1,678 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The Takao is a Premium in that you can transfer any IJN commander into and out of it without retraining; you can even transfer the Southern Dragon King into it. Like we've said; the only difference is that it doesn't have the Premium camo of the Atago and it doesnt' have the Atago's Premium credit bonus. Functionally, they are identical.

Takao is not a premium ^^ common mistake.

• Bad 1

[PSP]
Members
6,290 posts
8,915 battles
1 minute ago, Spacey_ said:

Takao is a premium where the commander assignment and upgrades are concerned.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
9,766 posts
7,472 battles
Just now, Spacey_ said:

Takao works like a premium ship as you can put ANY IJN captain in Takao without having to do retraining. Takao doesn't have the extra bonuses that Atago does, but for captains it works like a premium.

Members
21 posts
8,741 battles

One other noticeable difference is that the ARP Takao can't mount special modules like Defensive AA Fire Modification or Hydroacoustic Search Modification. There is even a note in the Arsenal about ARP and Dragon ships not being able to mount special modules.

I don't think most people would ever use special upgrade modules on the Takao/Atago, but it is another difference.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,912 battles

Like Lert said: the camo makes the difference.

You get a 300m lower spotting range and you also get the -4% modifier for getting hit.

Since you get also+50% XP and -10% maintance costs and a better credit multiplier it's easier to grind credits/free XP and captains with the Atago.

[ARP]
Members
63 posts
1,678 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Takao works like a premium ship as you can put ANY IJN captain in Takao without having to do retraining. Takao doesn't have the extra bonuses that Atago does, but for captains it works like a premium.

Yea but I don't consider it a premium due to the fact you don't get the credit bonus a "real" premium gets, but perhaps you have a point considering you can train your captains on it.

As mentioned above, you can't put certain upgrades on it so it's more like a handicapped Atago at best.

• Angry 1