You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Clan Wars Question

10 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,222 posts
9,006 battles

Once you get into the next League up is it irrevocable or can you fall into previous League again?

[5D]
Members
1,246 posts
7,254 battles

You can fall back down, before you do though you are put back into the struggle.

If you can win 3 out of 5 matches in the struggle you do not fall.

Edited by Spartias

[RKLES]
Members
7,222 posts
9,006 battles

Ok thanks, my clan is currently on the 5 stars thing and was wondering about it. Good to know we only have to get past those kind of stages once.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,682 posts
9,083 battles
17 minutes ago, Spartias said:

You can fall back down, before you do though you are put back into the struggle.

If you can win 3 out of 5 matches in the struggle you do not fall.

What sucks with that 3 out of 5 is it even applies in Squall III.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
422 posts
13,039 battles
30 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

What sucks with that 3 out of 5 is it even applies in Squall III.

I thought that Squall 3 with zero points is supposed to be as low as you can go, but there may be a bug in the accounting program, if you lose enough games you will incur a deficit (i.e. a negative score) that you will need to overcome before you hit zero.

Edited by HamptonRoads

[SALVO]
Members
17,100 posts
17,770 battles
59 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ok thanks, my clan is currently on the 5 stars thing and was wondering about it. Good to know we only have to get past those kind of stages once.

Thrawn, any time you lose enough points, you can fall back into the best 3 out of 5 struggle, unless you're at the bottom of the lowest league.  You could make it all the way up to Typhoon and then fall all the way back to the bottom.  And then you could climb all the way back up and fall all the way down again.  There's no limit on how many times you may have to go through a best 3 out of 5 struggle.  At least not that I know of.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,682 posts
9,083 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Thrawn, any time you lose enough points, you can fall back into the best 3 out of 5 struggle, unless you're at the bottom of the lowest league.  You could make it all the way up to Typhoon and then fall all the way back to the bottom.  And then you could climb all the way back up and fall all the way down again.  There's no limit on how many times you may have to go through a best 3 out of 5 struggle.  At least not that I know of.

The 3 out of 5 applies even in Squall III. We dropped to zero and then lost the next one and we didn't start earning points again until we won 3 out of 5. We did well on Thursday with a 69% WR and followed up last night with 50% and are now in the middle of Squall II.

[SALVO]
Members
17,100 posts
17,770 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The 3 out of 5 applies even in Squall III. We dropped to zero and then lost the next one and we didn't start earning points again until we won 3 out of 5. We did well on Thursday with a 69% WR and followed up last night with 50% and are now in the middle of Squall II.

Damn.  I didn't know that there could be a best 3 out of 5 struggle below the lowest league.  That's harsh.

My clan has had difficulty getting back into Storm at times because it seems like 9 out of 10 "struggle" battles, we're ending up against Typhoon or Hurricane league teams from last season.  Hey, we're pretty good, but not really on their level (at least not usually), so it really can be a bit of a struggle, pun intended.

Regardless, clan battles is a lot of fun, if you're into that sort of thing.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,682 posts
9,083 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Damn.  I didn't know that there could be a best 3 out of 5 struggle below the lowest league.  That's harsh.

My clan has had difficulty getting back into Storm at times because it seems like 9 out of 10 "struggle" battles, we're ending up against Typhoon or Hurricane league teams from last season.  Hey, we're pretty good, but not really on their level (at least not usually), so it really can be a bit of a struggle, pun intended.

Regardless, clan battles is a lot of fun, if you're into that sort of thing.  

The one thing I really hate about CW is the end of season new clans made up of Hurricane League players that seal club the lower leagues. Personally I think that you should only be able to join a new clan during CW if you were not in a clan at the beginning of the season or if you never played in the current CW season, no clan hopping looking for that perfect team.

[SALVO]
Members
17,100 posts
17,770 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

The one thing I really hate about CW is the end of season new clans made up of Hurricane League players that seal club the lower leagues. Personally I think that you should only be able to join a new clan during CW if you were not in a clan at the beginning of the season or if you never played in the current CW season, no clan hopping looking for that perfect team.

Couldn't they already do this with the Bravo teams, if they hadn't already used their Bravo team during a given CB season?  My clan couldn't do this  because we use both teams.