You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Target_1

Can't sell ships

21 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
2,031 battles

I've been playing for a few weeks and have the xp to move up to a tier V ship but have no available slots left for a new ship.  I try to sell off one of my old ships that I don't use anymore like I've done in the past, but it doesn't work.  I click on the "sell with all modules" button but nothing happens.  Any help?

[AR15]
[AR15]
Beta Testers
101 posts
9,975 battles

Do you have gold to demount the modules?

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
1 minute ago, dmb47 said:

Do you have gold to demount the modules?

You don't need to demount your modules, because you can also sell them for credits. This way you don't need to spend money on this game.

OP, you did select; sell modules for credits? Can you post a screenshot of the selling screen?

Members
18 posts
2,031 battles

I am signing in now... I'll look it over again to see if I missed something...  Oh, I have no gold... not a premium account.

Members
18 posts
2,031 battles

Yeah... well, I go to the pic of the ship I wish to sell on bottom of screen in "port" and left click... option to sell comes up and I click.  New screen comes up with options of "sell ship with all modules", "dismiss commander", and "demount upgrades"

I click on "sell ship with all modules" and then 2 options appear to sell with all modules or sell only stock ship

I click to "sell ship with all modules" 

and nothing happens... I wait... and nothing happens

Members
2,156 posts
4,848 battles

you don't want to demount upgrades, you want to sell them. demounting upgrades costs doubloons.

common mixup between modules and upgrades. modules you have to unlock with experience. upgrades you can buy right away.

edit: i'd advise keeping the commander instead of dismissing them if you have open spots for them. you can retrain them on another ship.

Edited by MidnightShamalan

Members
18 posts
2,031 battles

No open spot available for commanders... won't let me dismiss commanders either.  I seem to be fully stuck at a dead end.  Can't sell ships, can't buy ships... can't seem to make any further progress.  I almost wonder if it has something to do with my internet being so slow... I only run about 4 fps in battle... which makes it difficult.  I get in close to other ships and my screen freezes frequently... then I'm dead before I'm allowed to act again.  Sad day for me.

[PSP]
Members
6,328 posts
8,952 battles
4 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

No open spot available for commanders... won't let me dismiss commanders either. 

You can dismiss a commander if you have no spots left in the reserves. Simply right-click on the commander when the ship is in port and select "dismiss."

If this doesn't work then your client may be bugged. Open the client and select the option to repair it under support.

Members
18 posts
2,031 battles

Sorry for being stupid... but where to click to "open client"?  I have looked and haven't found... I'm just looking in the wrong spot.

[BROOK]
Members
1,619 posts
6 hours ago, Target_1 said:

No open spot available for commanders... won't let me dismiss commanders either.  I seem to be fully stuck at a dead end.  Can't sell ships, can't buy ships... can't seem to make any further progress.  I almost wonder if it has something to do with my internet being so slow... I only run about 4 fps in battle... which makes it difficult.  I get in close to other ships and my screen freezes frequently... then I'm dead before I'm allowed to act again.  Sad day for me.

Are you one of those peeps who always dismisses +10 point captains?

• Bad 1

Members
18 posts
2,031 battles

I don't have any 10 point captains.  I finally found where to have my game's integrity checked and fixed... ran that... still can't sell any ships.  I did it fine for a couple weeks, no problem... now, no more.

I did manage to get the reserves and dismissing commanders thing sorted out at least... but I guess I am limited to tier IV forever :P

[CAST]
Members
1,209 posts
7,399 battles

Click on your ship.  Select each individual upgrade one at a time and sell them.  Once all the upgrades are all sold, you should be able to sell the ship.

Members
18 posts
2,031 battles

Finally sorted it out... had to start by clicking on "sell ship with all modules" then go down to the upgrades and click to sell them as well (can't demount, I have no dubloons) and THEN it would allow me to sell the ship.

Hell, I don't know how to properly do half the stuff in the game I guess.  I have no idea even how to write on chat during battle.

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,852 posts
13,070 battles
46 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

I have no idea even how to write on chat during battle.

I use a dry erase marker. 

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Members
1,826 posts
823 battles

Target, I am giving you a +1 for keeping me from having to start the same thread in the future.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Glad you got it sorted out.

WG is very Bad at explaining even the simplest feature.

There is no owners manual.

Members
1,084 posts
6,023 battles
1 hour ago, Target_1 said:

I have no idea even how to write on chat during battle.

To open up your typing line in the chat window: Just hit the [ENTER] key during a battle. Then start typing your message.

To send your chat: Hit [ENTER] (This will also close the chat line. Hit [ENTER] again to open up the line to send another message.

To exit the chat window WITHOUT sending what you typed: Hit the [ESCAPE] key.

Hitting [ENTER] without typing closes your typing line.

Be mindful that while your typing line is active, that ALL you can do with the keys is type: no steering, speed changes, shooting, launching torpedoes, etc. That's why you sometimes see many lines of "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" or "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" in chat.