Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dad003

Scharnhorst is op

18 comments in this topic

[DENY]
Members
344 posts
4,720 battles

Got the shiny horse yesterday and tonight got 3 kraken  with it ! 

shot-18.07.21_17.19.35-0609.jpg

shot-18.07.22_01.42.07-0718.jpg

shot-18.07.22_03.24.37-0797.jpg

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,728 posts
8,270 battles

Nice pink there :3

Scharnhorst is one of the best premium WG ever made in this game. Not broken with clear weaknesses and strenght. 

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,280 posts
5,864 battles

I just bought one for a friend the other day he loves it haha

[DENY]
Members
344 posts
4,720 battles
15 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Nice pink there :3

Scharnhorst is one of the best premium WG ever made in this game. Not broken with clear weaknesses and strenght. 

Yea the pink was because of a bot in coop 

[-LOD-]
Members
23 posts
3,095 battles

It happens to the best of us :'(, I love the Shinny Horse, just it guns are a little powdered when shooting at proper armor like the Nagato.

[RKLES]
Members
7,212 posts
9,006 battles
17 minutes ago, dad003 said:

Got the shiny horse yesterday and tonight got 3 kraken  with it ! 

shot-18.07.21_17.19.35-0609.jpg

shot-18.07.22_01.42.07-0718.jpg

shot-18.07.22_03.24.37-0797.jpg

EE4B585C-C8B0-4B3C-8F96-34BC169DEFD9.thumb.jpeg.d6dd7a16ebf4b75d0d22e044e05a09c2.jpeg

[NDA]
Supertester
4,844 posts
13,820 battles

Ah the Scharnhorst, the Ship that is Listed as a Battleship, plays like a Cruiser but thinks its a Destroyer. A great ship even if it has Identity issues. 

:cap_cool:

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
144 posts
1,834 battles

The Scharnhorst OP, No my Tirpitz is OP the Scharnhorst is very good ship but to say its OP is a bit much.

Beta Testers
178 posts
3,663 battles
On 22/07/2018 at 10:34 AM, RedSeaBear said:

Ah the Scharnhorst, the Ship that is Listed as a Battleship, plays like a Cruiser but thinks its a Destroyer. A great ship even if it has Identity issues. 

:cap_cool:

Its  trans-shipxual.

[EOD]
Members
39 posts
3,513 battles

While I absolutely love my Scharnhorst, I definitely do not consider her OP. Against battleships, you have to hope the enemy gives broadside to get decent chunks of damage with her tiny 283mm guns, and in the current meta you can barely use her secondaries and torps since folks seem to enjoy playing the "shoot from the edge of our range game" most of the time. Combined with her inability to spot torpedos with hydro, she's a sitting duck to anything that has torpedo's as well as battleships that can manhandle her with bigger guns and thicker armor.

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
12 hours ago, Verdha603 said:

While I absolutely love my Scharnhorst, I definitely do not consider her OP. Against battleships, you have to hope the enemy gives broadside to get decent chunks of damage with her tiny 283mm guns, and in the current meta you can barely use her secondaries and torps since folks seem to enjoy playing the "shoot from the edge of our range game" most of the time. Combined with her inability to spot torpedos with hydro, she's a sitting duck to anything that has torpedo's as well as battleships that can manhandle her with bigger guns and thicker armor.

Yeah, I just yesterday threw away my Secondary Battery Mod. 2 on MY Scharnhorst, put on Aiming Systems Mod. 1 again, and gave her a 3-point captain of her very own, with Adrenaline Rush because the old secondary build captain not only had EM instead of AR and his secondary build was(and still is) incomplete, as he lacks MFCS, but he took far too much damage from fires.(He's my current Bayern captain, grinding to eventually be my Bismarck's captain once I unlock Bismarck) In time, my Scharnhorst's new captain will grow into a Tank build, so it can withstand more cruiser HE-spam.

My Scharnhorst at present also lacks DC Mod. 2,(I have Rudder Shift instead at present) but I will get it just as soon as I have the credits for it.

In all honesty, with the brawl meta at Tier VII gone again, at least for the moment, 8 km secondary range and 6 km torpedo range just isn't cutting it. I might as well just try and make Scharnhorst more survivable, in the hopes that I might finally survive long enough to rack up impressive damage numbers. Currently I don't think I've ever gotten a single "Heroic Individual" award in Scharnhorst besides Dreadnought. Confederate, no. High Caliber, no. Witherer, no. Kraken Unleashed, heck no. Solo Warrior, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha NO.

Edited by legoboy0401

Members
700 posts
10,509 battles

Is it so good, maybe equal to T8 Bismarck, or close to it ? Probably. So have it in T8-10 matches 80% of the time and then write up your experiences for everyone to read. I would love to see one, means I'm not in another T8-10 match.

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
36 posts
1,737 battles

I want to know how the hell your pulling off these amazing matches.  I finally got my own Shiny Horse and i just get ripped to shreds.  I used her months ago when WG gave her out for a few days as a demo and it played nothing like it does now.  I felt invincible then and could menace the seas.  Now its just cannon fodder IMHO.  Really disappointed or I just suck that bad.

[RKLES]
Members
7,212 posts
9,006 battles

It’s possible since I pull off good matches in my Graf Spee and Gneisenau, Scharnhorst is like the 2 combined so she can do alright.

Currently trying to save Doubloons to get my own Scharnhorst so I can terrorize the season in it. I love brawling so U know the ship will work well for me. Trick with those kind of ships is knowing who and where you can overpower them ruthlessly. Kind of like a bigger, faster, and more heavily armed Graf Spee.

Sign in to follow this